Chip's Challenge 1 & 2 coming to steam
I'm rather uncomfortable with the incompatibilities regarding tools. Has it been confirmed that even the original four types of boots can be dropped?
Yes, they can - though it seems like (other than the lack of Concussion Rule) this is the only significant change.
Enough of cc2 is different to warrant cc1 being a separate program. I would think though that one could create levels with the editor and use the cc1 ruleset, although it might effect the new cc2 stuff if any was included in the level.
thanks to J.B. for posting the video on his channel about this, I wouldn't have known otherwise SmileyThumbs upChip Win

Does anyone know if there will be in game music? If so it be nice if there are more than 2 songs...
my CC2 sets: Mobi's Challenge (166 levels)
Walls of CCLP2 (V2) presently: ~50 levels

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakwin Rinzai

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man"
-'The Dude' Lebowski
One day to go! (Sorry it's my first post here, stopped playing CC1 / TW a while back due to time constraints)

What will the price be? Any predictions?

A third mode may be possible for Tile World to be implemented... but the bigger question is, can third-party CC1 levelsets (created with the MS CC-based editors) be played with the Steam version at all? (CC1 wise)

On topic (CC2): I think two new modes will have to be implemented for Tile World once the Steam games are released. We'll see if CC2's gameplay is really different from CC1's.
Quote:One day to go! (Sorry it's my first post here, stopped playing CC1 / TW a while back due to time constraints)

What will the price be? Any predictions?

It's confirmed to be $5 for CC2, $2 for CC1 and $3 for the editor, or $5 for the bundle at release.

Quote:A third mode may be possible for Tile World to be implemented... but the bigger question is, can third-party CC1 levelsets (created with the MS CC-based editors) be played with the Steam version at all? (CC1 wise)

CC1 .dat/.ccl files won't work with the CC1 version on Steam, as that version of CC1 uses the CC2 engine.

Quote:On topic (CC2): I think two new modes will have to be implemented for Tile World once the Steam games are released. We'll see if CC2's gameplay is really different from CC1's.

Tile World was necessary because MSCC and the Lynx versions were hard/impossible to come by legally and didn't work on more recent computers (as early as Vista, MSCC didn't work). Since CC2 will work and be available, it doesn't need a clone.

Though, if CC2 gets pulled from Steam, it would, but I still wouldn't put it into Tile World. Instead, I'd think a new program just for emulating CC2 would probably be a better idea, since a lot of the logic would need to be redone for CC2's electricity/wires. The difference between the CC1 in CC2 engine and CC2 is that you can't drop boots in CC1. That could be as simple as a checkbox in the editor and displayed akin to which ruleset a set is for in Tile World.
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter
Quote:Though, if CC2 gets pulled from Steam, it would, but I still wouldn't put it into Tile World. Instead, I'd think a new program just for emulating CC2 would probably be a better idea, since a lot of the logic would need to be redone for CC2's electricity/wires. The difference between the CC1 in CC2 engine and CC2 is that you can't drop boots in CC1. That could be as simple as a checkbox in the editor and displayed akin to which ruleset a set is for in Tile World.

A separate program does make sense, especially since it seems the level file model is different, with each level in a separate file.

Unrelated to this, but here's something a bit amusing I found.

http://kittyninjafish.deviantart.com/art...-529889178

(And the game isn't even quite out yet!)
Quote:I'm rather uncomfortable with the incompatibilities regarding tools. Has it been confirmed that even the original four types of boots can be dropped?

There is a check box in the creator, which lets you chose CC1 or CC2 rules to be applied to the level you make.
[Image: ZeqWPHE.png]
My MSCC tileset: Felix Challenge My CC2 tileset

[Image: nlaNSog.png] [Image: wldHYRt.png]
I installed it, it's running, the music is playing, and....the viewing area is just one big graphical glitch. Running Windows 7 64-bit, maybe that has something to do with it? Do I need to reinstall a Windows XP VM...