Chip's Challenge 1 & 2 coming to steam
I'm so happy Smiley :D

Finally! Smiley
Wow. This is unexpected. It makes me a bit sad though—because it makes me wish I had the time to implement a third mode for Tile World Slight smile (which would take extra long time considering I’ve never really written anything in C…)

Nitpick: I dislike that Chip’s Challenge 1 doesn’t look like Chip’s Challenge.
Hey! The Windows version was after all the ported version, and Chuck has mentioned before what he feels about it.

Otherwise, I've read over at the facepunch forums that the graphics is just stored as a raw bmp file, much alike how TileWorld does it. Same with music; stored as midi files.
Something I put together to help get us more ready for the game...

Didn't notice that some of the levels have a 10x10 viewport until I saw the option for that in the editor dialog.

It also seems to have the ability to specify the size of the level. I wonder what the max size is...

Perhaps I'm more excited about being able to design levels for this game than playing it. I've often wondered, when playing and designing CC levels, whether Chuck Somerville realized the staggering possibilities that could be created far beyond the 149-level game. And now CC2 is just insanity waiting to be unleashed.

The only bummer is that it's on Windows, and I switched to Linux Mint a few months ago. Perhaps it's just as well, so I won't spend too much time on it (which I can no longer afford to these days...).

What will be most interesting to see is what direction it takes the community in.

Like will anybody be interested in future CC(1)LPs anymore?

- Madhav.
40 x 40, I believe.
Quote: What will be most interesting to see is what direction it takes the community in. Like will anybody be interested in future CC(1)LPs anymore?
Even with CC2 coming soon, there are still a handful of people that are still interested in future CCLPs, me being one of those people.
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Quote:Even with CC2 coming soon, there are still a handful of people that are still interested in future CCLPs, me being one of those people.
I'm also in this group-at the very least there's still a demand for a CCLP4, but whether that continues beyond will depend on what avenues CC2 offers in that regard-assuming the publisher doesn't pull it from Steam!
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter
Quote:Even with CC2 coming soon, there are still a handful of people that are still interested in future CCLPs, me being one of those people.
I hope CCLP4 will be a sequel to CC1 and not to CC2. I'm very happy to find out that CC2 will finally be released, but I consider it more like a seperate game than a sequel. The real sequels are CCLP1, CCLP2 and CCLP3.
CC is awesome!

CC2 sets (still being updated): C1059-CC2 --- Walls of CC2

CC1 sets (all complete): C1059-2 --- C1059-1 --- 1059PG01 --- C1059-Christmas --- C1059-INSANITY --- C1059-CCLP4

My Youtube channel --- Fiver's Honeycomb --- Fanfiction.net

Good posts don't cost too much, yet many go unwritten.
Quote:Wow. This is unexpected. It makes me a bit sad though—because it makes me wish I had the time to implement a third mode for Tile World Slight smile (which would take extra long time considering I’ve never really written anything in C…)

Nitpick: I dislike that Chip’s Challenge 1 doesn’t look like Chip’s Challenge.
Fear not, there are other people interested in emulating the game engine! Wink