IHNN's levels feedback/discussion (New inside: TradingPlaces, a collab with Josh!)
[Image: lMZJJcY.png]

Random maze concept I came up with today. Due to the nature of it, it works best with the "just find the exit" type-which I almost never make anyway, so it works out.

[Image: IUZTqo4.png]

The center of an itemswapping level I built today. It takes up the full map and has an...interesting method of switching "stations". It's similar in style to a CCLP1 itemswapper, but that's not giving too much away Tongue

Oh, those are both in UC4. Ultimate Chip 3 will still be released in a week (actually, 6 days now!), along with the 2 other AVIs of levels. Be back in a week!
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter
Ultimate Chip 3 released! Enjoy!

http://cczone.invisionzone.com/index.php?/files/file/420-ultimate-chip-3/

http://www.davidstolp.com/old/chips/over...ate_Chip_3
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

IHNN1 | IHNN2

[Image: A8D7uCil.png]

Don't mind me, just posting another preview. This time of a level directly inspired by Threads of Fate, right down to the area visited and the order (playstyle divergence included!).

IHNN1 | IHNN2

Hello Jeffrey,

I have recently started to play Ultimate Chip 3 in the MS ruleset. Here is some feedback on some of the levels.

2: A rather hard level considering it is the second of the set. The three green locks were distracting, but they prove that not every tile has to contribute something. The bottom room was a little hard because there were only two blocks, but that wasn't a problem.

3: I found it somewhat hard, because I originally expected that the locks could be opened in pretty much any order. The gliders weren't much of a problem.

4: The idea to make Chip start on water is interesting. Apart from that, it's a standard block pushing level. It reminds me of Writer's Cramp from LizzyB1.dat. And I assume you were inspired by another level because of the title?

5: A fun maze. It's nothing great, but still fun.

6: The teleport skip glitch may be used to get the bold, but I didn't. This reminds me of a CCLP1 level, with the main difference being the crawler, which made the level harder. The center room made me panic a little because I was very afraid of cooking, but everything went all right. The balls made the level look better.

7: I don't have much to say about this level. It's an interesting concept, but there is only one way to design it.

8: I don't like flicking, so I am biased against the left side of the level. The right side is fun.

9: I had to watch your video and copy your solution to solve this level. I was surprised to find it this early in the set. Not needing the chips does make the level interesting. The level feels like a few small levels put together in no particular order.

10: This is one of those levels that looks impossible because you overlook the obvious: you can stuff a block in the corner because you will have skates to push it back. When I solved it, I felt stupid for not having thought of that earlier.

11: I got annoyed that at the beginning, I end up boosting into the bug. Apart from that, it was a fun puzzle. The blocks at the end were somewhat hard because of the crawler, but it was still manageble.

12: I watched your video to see how to make it past the pink ball room at the end. Also it is possible to pick up all chips in the red key room, open all the locks, and need an extra key. The best level so far.

13: Somehow reminds me of Frost Rings. I don't see any pattern, so this level relies a lot on memory. Thanks for making it small. A larger map would have made me rage.

15: I only realised that the top rooms were possible when I read the CCX file. The idea of letting the player choose which rooms he/she tackles first is great because it makes it posible to start with the harder rooms and finish with the easy ones.

I will post some more feedback this weekend.

EDIT: more feedback:

16: When I looked at it in the editor, it looked very hard, so I skipped it. When I finally played it, I realised that it wasn't that hard. But it is great. You did succeed.

17: It is a fun level. No slide delay is great. The only thing I didn't like was that all the blocks were required, and it took me a few tries to realise that.

18: The recessed wall section was not hard at all. The only problematic section was the crawler one. I got killed many times. The force floor section was fun.

19: An interesting concept for a variety level. The individual rooms were fun, but with nothing special. The slide is the great part.

20: There is a typo in the CCX file: "There's a few more levels LIIKE that."

21: It is possible to get the red key without opening the green lock. Is this a bust? And yes, I am afraid that most of this has been done before, except the teleport room.

22: I generally don't like levels with a lot of invisible walls, especially in MS. But this one is good. I especially liked the hidden walls in the dirt room. The spare fire boots prove that not every tile needs to have a purpose.

23: Thanks for keeping the number of gliders reasonable. It's exactly what you wanted it to be.

24: Very creative ways to partial post. I generally don't like this mechanism, but creative ways of doing it are really fun.

25: This totally reminds me of Jumble III. And no, leave the floor tiles. You don't need to fill every tile with something.

26: The ice pattern is fun, the rest of the level is simple. The only thing I didn't like is that it seems much harder in Lynx due to lack of boosting. I haven't tested it, however.

27: Not solved yet.

28: A rather hard puzzle, but very rewarding to solve. Thanks for not putting any guesswork.

29: I think the shape of the level matches the title perfectly. The block room was all right, and I didn't read the hint until you mentionned it in the CCX file. The toggle wall room was ordinary. The third rom was a mess that made sense, and I really liked it. The tank part was great. The glider part was scary, but didn't cause any problems.

30: I haven't played Tyler's level. This one scared me because it seemed to easy to cook. However, once I found the trick, I absolutely loved this one. It is better than 24, in my opinion.

Hope this helps.
CC is awesome!

CC2 sets (still being updated): C1059-CC2 --- Walls of CC2

CC1 sets (all complete): C1059-2 --- C1059-1 --- 1059PG01 --- C1059-Christmas --- C1059-INSANITY --- C1059-CCLP4

My Youtube channel --- Fiver's Honeycomb --- Fanfiction.net

Good posts don't cost too much, yet many go unwritten.
[Image: BAT0J4u.png]

Still making levels, here's one of the many mazes I've built lately. Don't worry about them all feeling the same either, I've got > 20 different implementations, and some of them are pretty tricky too!

[Image: xRIV9AE.png]

And here's one I made right after UC3, meant as an introductory level to keys, locks, ice and force floors, boots and thieves. Quite fun to optimize as well (time limit is 200, bold is 169.2)

IHNN1 | IHNN2

...and double post because I posted this one on the Skype group, and don't think it'd be fair to leave out anyone who isn't there.

[Image: GqyhirT.png]

IHNN1 | IHNN2

[Image: 7UDR3FJ.png]

Ultimate Chip 4 is currently sitting at 126/149 levels, with concepts for 2 of the remaining 23. After I finish making the levels I'll be re-ordering to help with the difficulty curve and starting the "final" version testing (like last time, I'll be testing everything myself but unlike last time, having other people test will happen at the same time. Just send me a message if you're interested).

Oh also I'll probably make a trailer again since putting together one last time was fun Tongue

IHNN1 | IHNN2

[Image: DtzaMac.png]

Level 144.

Aspects and concepts from 25 official levels. (6 CC1, 5 CCLP1, 7 CCLP2 and 7 CCLP3)

The button connections might look more than a little messy, but they sort themselves out while playing as I mentioned when I shared this on Skype.

IHNN1 | IHNN2

[Image: GPxcZT5.png]

Level 149. Concepts and aspects from 26 of my levels. Unlike level 144, I've notated this one with the source levels.

Semi-private testing has also begun, with Michael, J.B., random 8 and Andrew Menzies currently making sure there's no glaring errors. I'll post the set on CCZone after this, and pieguy's site after a bit longer to make sure no more changes are really needed. As mentioned earlier, shoot me a message if you want to test as well Tongue

IHNN1 | IHNN2

http://cczone.invisionzone.com/index.php?/files/file/432-ultimate-chip-4/

Ultimate Chip 4 has been released! Have fun with these 149 levels I put together over the past 5 months!

Release trailer:

Any and all feedback is appreciated as usual.

I'll upload this over at pieguy's site before the end of the month for a scoreboard: I'm going to let some time pass and hopefully no more busts are found, but if they are, at least impossible scores won't be reported.

IHNN1 | IHNN2