IHNN's levels feedback/discussion (New inside: TradingPlaces, a collab with Josh!)
I've been skipping around the set, but I like the levels I've played so far. 118 is my favorite so far, and I love the title. I like the concept of level 131, although my luck wasn't that good so it took several tries to beat it. 136 was also a fun concept. 123 is a really awesome concept.

I think that 61 should have had a few more walkers for a bit more of a challenge, given how much open space there is. Regardless, it's always good to have a few simple monster dodging levels like this one. 110 also seemed a little underwhelming. I like the idea but it's to easy to not get lost. I would try having smaller, but more chambers to pass through.

Your level titles are awesome. It's hard to beat titles like Unmitigated Hint Factory Disaster and Occlusion of Collusion. In addition, I like the idea of out of the way hints with passwords. This is a fun set with some nice compositions.
I just recently completed Ultimate Chip 2. It was really good, although I had a lot of trouble with some of the levels. But I got through them all.

The only major busts I found were in levels 21 and 104. In level 21, you can just use the two blocks to build to the exit after using a fireball to explode a bomb and in level 104, you can just use the ice to quickly slide by the teeth to get to the exit. I played both levels the intended way and they were both enjoyable should they be fixed.

Now to begin Ultimate Chip 3...

~Bowman
~Bowman
Generic Level Preview! non-busted version!

[Image: NmI6fIT.png]
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter
FYI, I just solved UC4 #85 (Bubble Wrap) without opening the green or blue doors, by pushing a block up to the toggle buttons through the bomb room. Was this an intended alternate solution? (Also, on level 77 I only needed one of the suction boots and ice skates, but I don't think this affected the solution much...)

Still enjoying slowly working my way through this set... Slight smile My favorites from the last bunch I played are Postmodern Temple, Labyrinth of the Elemental Waffle, Secret Underground Society, and Round and Round.

edit - also, a wall at 2,13 might prevent a shortcut at the end of level 88, but it looks like this bust has already been taken advantage of at pie guy's site... Slight smile
Mike L

My level sets:
MikeL2 - 200 levels, updated 1/22/2017
MikeL2-fix - Lynx compatible version of MikeL2
MikeL3 - 86 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - a best-of set with levels from MikeL2, MikeL4 or my now-hidden rejects set
MikeL4 - 27 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - home of any new post-2009 levels I make
MikeLrejects - 351 levels, updated 5/16/2013 - all my older/experimental/not as good levels
Quote:FYI, I just solved UC4 #85 (Bubble Wrap) without opening the green or blue doors, by pushing a block up to the toggle buttons through the bomb room. Was this an intended alternate solution? (Also, on level 77 I only needed one of the suction boots and ice skates, but I don't think this affected the solution much...)
It wasn't originally intended, but the multiple different methods of taking a block to the northeast was something I was fine with existing in the level once it was caught. The second set of boots in Backyard Snow Fort is there for if the player doesn't take both blocks at the start, and symmetry Tongue
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

IHNN1 | IHNN2

Here is some feedback on the second half of UC4:

76: This is much better than Vanishing Act I like it.

77: Nothing special, but still fun.

78: A nice twist on Short Circuit. Better than the original, I think.

79: Nice title. The level itself is nice.

80: The various rooms are very fun and the level looks great.

81: This feel ordinary, but I don't see any way it could have been improved.

82: There is a minor bust in MS: it is not necessary to stop the cloning of walkers, only to walk through the tile in which they drown. The teeth part feels much harder than the rest of the level. Apart from that, it is fun.

83: This is a very creative level. I would like to see this in CCLP4.

84: I think it's ordinary.

85: One think I really like are the various rooms that cannot be accessed. The rooms that can be accessed are fun, especially the sokoban.

86: A nice way to use teeth.

87: I like the fact that it is possible to solve the rooms in any order. My favourite room is the tank room. My least favourite is the force floor one.

88: The centre room is rather unusual. The outer room is also very interesting.

89: I never played the original. I especially like the room where there is one solution per ruleset, and the last room.+

90: I didn't particularely like it. I was sometimes confused by the teleports.

91: I always like hard sokobans like this one.

92: Nice hint. The sockets are interesting. The bugs on fire look great. The level is fun.

93: I have not solved this yet. I know how to perform every part of it, except getting the chip behind the bomb.

94: I generally don't like force floor puzzles, sorry. However, the block pushing part is creative.

95: Not solved yet. I am stuck at the beginning.

96: I would like to see this in CCLP4.

97: I don't know how I managed it, but this took me less attempts to solve than Knot.

98: It was fun, but not particularely great.

99: Thanks for making only three keys required! Did you manage to solve it using the long method?

100: Very fun, but not quite as good as Antidisruptive Caves.

101: I think it's fun. I especially like how the glider room requires no cloning.

102: An interesting level that is fun.

103: The sokoban is great. The title is hilarious, especially with the hint.

104: This level feels ordinary. I didn't like it much.

105: The problem I find with this level is that the various rooms don't seem to fit together very well. The blob room feels like an attempt to fill the rest of the map. Sorry.

106: I think it is very creative.

107: I haven't played Ape Escape, so I guess I don't really understand this level.

108: I have the feeling the shape of the level is supposed to represent something. The gameplay is all right.

109: I found the first part of the level to be the hardest and slightly frustrating. The rest is great.

110: I think it is ordinary.

111: An interesting puzzle.

112: Not solved yet.

113: I especially like the fact that some rooms are only seen but cannot be accessed. The title is also nice.

114: Rather fun, especially with the short time limit.

115: I only found the partial posting exit. I like the fact there are several other solutions, but I didn't find them.

116: I think it's very fun.

117: An interesting concept.

118: This is the best level title I have ever seen. As for the level, I would like to see it in CCLP4.

119: I like how the puzzles progress from the easiest to the hardest with all of them similar.

120: A really nice concept. However, I was slightly disappointed by the small size of the level.

121: It is interesting to find an ice level where the skates are available at the beginning.

122: A rather easy level, but still fun. Nice time limit.

123: I would like to see this in CCLP4. Great concept.

124: Thanks for putting the teeth at the start. My favourite room is the last one, but the trap one is great too.

125: I like the use of clone machines that clone nothing.

126: I haven't solved it yet, but I guess it wasn't such a gorgeous sweet flower after all.

127: I really like it. I think it is very creative.

128: Why the period at the end of the title? Overall, I liked it. The teeth room was particularely creative.

129: Really fun puzzle!

130: Not solved yet.

131: It seems that the first rooms are to show the solution to the next one, but I didn't notice many patterns. I eventually solved it using the editor.

132: Great title. As for the level, the hints are a nice way to limit the block pushing. The rooms that cannot be accessed look great.

133: Not solved yet.

134: A nice way to use nails. The hint is very funny, especially with the title.

135: A very creative concept.

136: I think this is very nice, but I would have preferred it if all four key colors were required

137: A nice idea. I spent a large amount of time trying to drown the teeth, which was slightly annoying, but I guess this wasn't required.

138: It looks great, but I haven't solved it yet.

139: The concept is interesting, but I find the sounds to be annoying, so I disabled them, rendering this level nearly impossible. Sorry.

140: I think it's ordinary, but I still like it.

141: Several raooms have interesting concepts. A good level.

142: A really good and fun level.

143: I think it is a good level. The walkers can sometimes be annoying, but then, I hate walkers.

144: The level has not been solved yet, but I really like how the various rooms look like or play like several official levels.

145: A surprisingly hard sokoban, and very fun.

146: A great level, good enough for CCLP4. the tank room was especially hard. I don't really see the point of the trap that cannot be accessed, but I guess that's all right.

147: Not solved yet.

148: This feels like a good "easy 148" level.

149: One of the best levels of the set. I love how you used parts of several previous levels and some in UC3. A great way to finish a great set.

I'm looking forward to UC5.
CC is awesome!

CC2 sets (still being updated): C1059-CC2 --- Walls of CC2

CC1 sets (all complete): C1059-2 --- C1059-1 --- 1059PG01 --- C1059-Christmas --- C1059-INSANITY --- C1059-CCLP4

My Youtube channel --- Fiver's Honeycomb --- Fanfiction.net

Good posts don't cost too much, yet many go unwritten.
Quote:82: There is a minor bust in MS: it is not necessary to stop the cloning of walkers, only to walk through the tile in which they drown. The teeth part feels much harder than the rest of the level. Apart from that, it is fun.

83: This is a very creative level. I would like to see this in CCLP4.

89: I never played the original. I especially like the room where there is one solution per ruleset, and the last room.

95: Not solved yet. I am stuck at the beginning.

96: I would like to see this in CCLP4.

97: I don't know how I managed it, but this took me less attempts to solve than Knot.

99: Thanks for making only three keys required! Did you manage to solve it using the long method?

105: The problem I find with this level is that the various rooms don't seem to fit together very well. The blob room feels like an attempt to fill the rest of the map. Sorry.

108: I have the feeling the shape of the level is supposed to represent something. The gameplay is all right.

118: This is the best level title I have ever seen. As for the level, I would like to see it in CCLP4.

120: A really nice concept. However, I was slightly disappointed by the small size of the level.

136: I think this is very nice, but I would have preferred it if all four key colors were required

144: The level has not been solved yet, but I really like how the various rooms look like or play like several official levels.

146: A great level, good enough for CCLP4. the tank room was especially hard. I don't really see the point of the trap that cannot be accessed, but I guess that's all right.

149: One of the best levels of the set. I love how you used parts of several previous levels and some in UC3. A great way to finish a great set.

I'm looking forward to UC5.
82: It's very minor, so I don't think I'll be changing it within UC4. For a CCLP I'd probably have it fixed, though.

83: It might be a bit tough on the execution side to just solve for a CCLP, but I'm glad you liked the concept!

89: I put a lot of effort into making sure the last room couldn't be busted, kept the general theme of Valen's Fortress and could be done without stopping.

95: You have to get the 2 monsters nailed on the toggle door, and then push the block to nail on the monsters. It's a pretty tricky puzzle, though!

96: Me too Tongue

97: There's about 3 times as much time to spare here (in MS), so even though there's more opportunities for slides, there's also a lot more room to mess them up.

99: I have reached the hint. All it took was a bit of patience.

105: The different rooms were meant to be very different while fitting the theme of a structure that recreates itself over time. The blob room has gliders and components of the glider gun from Conway's Game of Life-unfortunately, any proper structure wouldn't fit! Blobs were the closest to automata as well, so I put a few in.

108: Cleyra is a location in Final Fantasy 9, and it's a tree surrounded by a sandstorm. I borrowed the roots and then a mechanism from FF9 (with the bugs representing sand flooding through) for inspiration: there's even a chase at the top!

118: I came up with the concept, made a level around it, and then the name hit me and I knew I had to use it.

120: I think the small size works in its favor, especially since it was difficult keeping the paths varied with the limiting aesthetic I chose.

136: It was tricky enough designing a good maze that worked with both keys without trying to add more colors in. At that point it would pretty much be ripping off Tunnel Clearance, as well: this keeps it as its own level.

144: I figured this was a good concept for 144, especially since by this point I'd played through CCLP3. This level also took the longest to design of the entire set, at 5 and a half hours. The Jungle/Jaywalker section underwent a lot of changes to keep it fair and allow recoveries from failed attempts.

146: The trap is hooked up to each of the buttons along the fireball path so that there's auditory feedback of "yep, this is going the right way!" in Lynx, as unconnected/useless buttons don't make a sound.

149: I agree-taking so many of the most memorable concepts and putting them all together in one level was something I knew I wanted to do from the beginning, it was only a question of which concepts and levels would be put in. Gravity Well, In the Pipeline, Cluttered Crosswalks, Error Code 512, Antidisruptive Caves and the ending from UC2's Storage Facility were things I definitely wanted to include, from there I drew up a list of about 40 levels I wanted stuff from, and cut it down to around 25, divided up into 3 groups and then built the level around that. This one took about 4.5 hours to make, but it definitely paid off.

IHNN1 | IHNN2

http://cczone.invisionzone.com/index.php?/files/file/476-ihnn1/

So this is my first CC2 set release.

Feedback is especially appreciated as I'm not fully sure how my CC2 designs come across, yet.

IHNN1 | IHNN2

Really liking it so far.

Trial by fire: good all round level

Friendly Loop: nice, short level. Could use a shorter time limit maybe

Linear Interpolation: Very nice puzzle

Slaps: This one was fun, not much else to say

Infernal Sokoban: Good sokoban, I didn't find it all that difficult, but it was fun to solve

Winter Storm: Good use of speed boots + time limit, It'd also be cool to see a longer level like this

Slime River: I don't have much to say about this one, it was alright

Frogger: this one was neat, I also like how it's pretty easy but getting all the bonuses is is much harder

War Zone: Haven't beat this yet, though I ran out of time near the end due to me using a bunch of time pushing ice blocks into bombs, pretty fun level, time limit is probably fine
My MSCC tileset: Felix Challenge My CC2 tileset

[Image: nlaNSog.png] [Image: wldHYRt.png]
Trial By Fire: Great introduction level, I quite liked this one. I might have a soft spot for Nuts & Bolts type levels though Tongue

Friendly Loop: I don't know if I can add anything to FelixNemesis's critique. It was a nice level to have early on.

Linear Interpolation: I haven't beaten it yet, but I'm pretty close. Liked it so far, even though it's a bit messy.

Slaps: Nice, short level. Could be nice to sandwich it between two bigger levels.

Infernal Sokoban: I don't think I'm the biggest fan of sokobans, but I really liked this puzzle. So I think that's an endorsement Smiley

Winter Storm: Ok level. Was a nice change of pace after the sokoban level.

Slime River: Not all levels can be special, so this one is kind of scraping the bottom of the barrel for me. May be due to my dislike of the ugly slime tile.

Frogger: Feels like there's a lot of Frogger-themed levels, but maybe that's just me? For what it was it's pretty good.

Overall, I really like what I've seen so far! Gonna continue it later and return with more feedback.
My levelset: https://forum.bitbusters.club/thread-1491.html
Any feedback is much appreciated! Slight smile