IHNN's levels feedback/discussion (New inside: TradingPlaces, a collab with Josh!)
I have made a lot of progress in Ultimate Chip 3 since my last feedback, and here is some more:

31: It is all right. I had a certain amount of trouble at the end and I was a little frustrated, but it was all right.

32: A simple level, but still fun.

34: I find the level itself ordinary. However, I was completely stuck when it came to identifying the password.

35: A nice dodging level. The hint is a fun bonus.

36: Simple and ordinary.

37: I guess that can be your style. The level itself was all right.

38: Not the best variety level, but still enjoyable.

39: A really creative and unusual level!

40: It looks good. Playing it is all right.

41: It is possible to reach the exit between the teleports. I don't know if this is intentional or a bust?

43: Another fun variety level. That walker really was awesome.

44: I really don't like digging levels like this, so I didn't like it. Sorry.

46: The idea of putting hints in other levels is good, but I don't think this level will work as intented. Most players will probably end up looking in the editor without bothering to solve the puzzles.

47: Yes, I think you should not put them in the order in which they are designed. But I don't think this one is too hard for such an early level.

48: Simple and hard, if you want the bold.

49: This level, however, I find it hard. The puzzle was rather challenging, and I found it ordinary.

52: I like the walker room too because I hate walkers and I love to see them blow up pointlessly. My favorite is the sokoban.

53: Ordinary and fun.

54: I prefer this one to Puzzle Box.

55: I once had a dream in which JB told me to help his wife get the role of Melinda in a film adaptation of CCLP1. As for the level, I'm afraid it is not very good: the blue walls and small number of keys mean that the entire level is based on guesswork, with no hints to tell Chip which locks to open...

56: I would love to see this in CCLP4.

57: I like it. The only possible improvement I could suggest would be a hint saying that all blocks have a chip underneath.

58: I really like that bust. I think it involves using the block cloner to bridge a path to the exit? In fact, I prefer it to the intended solution.

59: I like this level, and the fact that there is no particular structure in the paths. However, I don't like that ball and teleport room. I don't know why.

60: Thanks for putting the insect room at the start. And thanks for skipping the odd-step even-step chip snatches.

61: This level is so unusual. The title is entirely appropriate.

62: My favorite part is the tank line. And why did I spend five minutes trying to partial post?

63: A really fun concept. For some reason it took me forever to figure out the final room.

65: Reminds me of The Lake in Winter, only much better.

66: I find it ordinary. And why the invisible walls to prevent the teeth from moving? They wouldn't move anyway.

67: It took me a while to get those fireballs to work. The rest is ordinary, just like you said in the CCX file.

68: Another prime candidate for CCLP4.

69: I'm sorry, I don't like it. I am terrible when it comes to fast boosting.

70: One way to solve it is to build a long bridge and blow up the bomb manually. The second one is to redirect the gliders. The third one is maybe to use the crawlers? I don't know, but either way, this reminds me of Island Hopping in CCLP2.

71: It's fun. The title is probably inspired by Cloner's Maze?

72: For some reason, I kept pushing the block right at the start of the level, cooking it. Apart from that, the level is rather enjoyable.

73: The level itself is all right. I especially like the use of toggle walls, which made me think that they would be opened at some point. However, I found the time limit annoying.

74: I know it's been done many times, but I generally love these levels if they don't have too many monsters. The tank section was really great.

75: I'm really sorry, but this is my least favorite level so far. I spent fifteen minutes to make it past that walker, only to cook the level by forgetting to pick up the green key, as there was no such path on that side of the teleport in the original. I spent a while angry after playing this level.

76: I would have prefered the level with just one walker, but then, I am biased against walkers. Apart from that, I really liked it. There precise boosting at the original led me to think that it would be that way fo the entire level, but I was relieved to find out it was the only one.

77: It's easier than it looks. I ended up using two blocks to trap the first fireball, I spent five minutes trying to figure out the solution of the second room, thinking the fire tiles were the solution (without realising that only one block needed to be pushed). I tried to trap the next fireball on one ice tile (that was stupid on my part). I like the level, it is a fun puzzle.

78: The only thing I don't like about this level is that ice and water tiles looks similar in the MSCC tileset. But I should blame that on Microsoft instead.

79: I don't find the glider section at the start mean. The crawler section isn't mean, but I think it should have been earlier in the level.

80: It took me a while to get the large monster section to work, but I like it. However, I don't think it fits with the rest of the level.

I will try out UC4 this weekend.
CC is awesome!

CC2 sets (still being updated): C1059-CC2 --- Walls of CC2

CC1 sets (all complete): C1059-2 --- C1059-1 --- 1059PG01 --- C1059-Christmas --- C1059-INSANITY --- C1059-CCLP4

My Youtube channel --- Fiver's Honeycomb --- Fanfiction.net

Good posts don't cost too much, yet many go unwritten.
Quote:41: It is possible to reach the exit between the teleports. I don't know if this is intentional or a bust?
This is intended. The puzzle in that room is figuring out how to get all the keys without hitting the exit.

Quote:69: I'm sorry, I don't like it. I am terrible when it comes to fast boosting.

70: One way to solve it is to build a long bridge and blow up the bomb manually. The second one is to redirect the gliders. The third one is maybe to use the crawlers? I don't know, but either way, this reminds me of Island Hopping in CCLP2.
I'm not sure what you mean, since there's no boosting in the level. The 3rd solution uses the blocks from the first half of the level to bridge to the exit the short way.

Glad to hear that you've been enjoying it for the most part so far Slight smile
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter
Quote:I'm not sure what you mean, since there's no boosting in the level.

I think what Chipster means is he dislikes dodging the blocks when pushed onto 1x2 ice slides (which is understandable because I dislike it too but that's besides the point Tongue) The time limit probably has something to do with that as well but I haven't played the level myself.

Edit:

K just played the level and it's honestly not that bad.
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Quote:I'm not sure what you mean, since there's no boosting in the level.
Josh is right. When I have only a split second to react, I frequently fail, so it took me many attempts to get it right, plus the occasional slide delay in the bottom section.
CC is awesome!

CC1 sets (all complete): C1059-2 --- C1059-1 --- 1059PG01 --- C1059-Christmas --- C1059-INSANITY --- C1059-CCLP4

I hate to double post, but there have been no posts in over a month...

Here is some feedback on the rest of UC3:

81: I think this is a good level. The bugs are really nice. The time limit imposed by the fireball is not a problem and I like this concept.

82: I find this to be all right. It hasn't got anything special. The hint feels a little pointless as a button just under a block that doesn't move seems suspicious.

83: I think it is annoying, considering that there is no pattern. Or maybe there is one?

84: This is a fascinating concept. It is possible to burn the glider in MS, but that's not a major problem. The blobs are a nice addition.

85: Slightly easier in MS due to boosting, but still a really great level. The random force floors are a really good way to fill the level.

86: It's simple, but not too easy due to walkers.

87: The thieves are unfortunately not blue in TW, but that doesn't change the way the level plays. Despite being entirely blue, it wasn't a problem for my eyes and it was fun.

88: I remember it from the competition. The first part took me a while to figure out, and it is a challenge, and the rest was not that hard. I like it.

89: I pretty much agree with Josh's comments for the competition. Sorry.

90: I didn't solve it yet.

91: My favorite part is the ice and force floor room. A fascinating concept.

92: I would love to see this in CCLP4.

93: The teeth part felt rather hard. I would have preferred it at the start of the level. Apart from that, I liked it.

94: It was fun. I prefer the teeth room. Those balls were not a problem due to the four possible tries.

95: It's harder than it looks. I liked it, but it's nothing special.

96: Another level I would like to see this in CCLP4.

97: I like the sokoban. The teleports are an interesting way to handle the blocks.

98: I like it, but it's nothing special.

99: I prefer the original. This one feels a little annoying due to the walls sometimes toggling at the worst possible moment.

100: There are not enough walkers to make this level painful. The tank concepts are interesting.

101: I didn't solve it yet. The first room is very hard, but thanks for putting it at the start.

102: Three of the four rooms are all right. The teeth room is very hard very late in the level, especially with invisible walls. Sorry.

103: This level title has been done more times that I can remember. The worst one I played is, in my opinion, the CCLP2 version. This one is all right.

104: I like the fact that there are a few tiles which make it easier to spot the invisible walls.

105: A rather simple level. I like it.

106: An interesting type of puzzle that should be done more often.

107: I found this to be very hard, even with boosting. Also many force floor levels have been done and this one doesn't seem to have anything special. Sorry.

108: I found it to be fun. The pink balls were the hardest part of the level, but not a problem.

109: I would love to see this in CCLP4.

110: A rather confusing level, but not frustrating. It was fun.

CCLP1 Abridged: Overall I like this idea and I prefer this series to Tyler's CC1 Abridged. Most of the levels were well represented and I don't mind the fact that it takes ten levels to go through the whole set. There are a few minor annoyances, but no big problems.

121: I didn't solve it yet. I keep dying at the top right room.

122: This reminds me of Frozen Birdbath and I prefer it.

123: I think this is good enough for CCLP4.

124: Such a fascinating way to exit. I like it.

125: This is one of the rare sliding levels were boosting is pretty much useless. This is great.

126: This is a good level. There doesn't seem to be any pattern, but that's not a problem. The mechanism to release the fireballs is, in my opinion, better than just a release after a predetermined amount of time.

127: The time limit is rather short, but still enough to complete the level without optimizing. The last part is fun.

128: It's nothing special, but it was fun to play.

129: The first four rooms were ordinary. The fifth one was unusual. The last one uses a really interesting concept.

130: The complex mechanisms are nice.

131: The teeth room is all right, unlike the one in 102. The last red key is an interesting idea. The rest was all right.

132: I generally don't like levels with lots of invisible or hidden walls, especially when they involve dodging. Sorry.

133: It doesn't feel like a complete level. It feels like there is something missing, but I don't know what that would be...

134: The mazes feels a little ordinary. Those monster rooms are nice especially since there is no need to dodge walkers!

135: The hardest level I solved in this set. It didn't take me three hours, but it still took me a long time.

136: A very fun level. Thanks for putting extra blocks!

137: I didn't solve it yet.

138: It is a very fun level. But is it actually possible to read the hint? Also, I love the "cruel" ending part.

139: "lots of tricky boosting"? I didn't find anything hard, but then I don't optimize.

140: The concept has been done a few times, but I still like it. It is fun.

141: This seems rather easy for such a late level. Apart from that, I have nothing to say.

142: Not solved yet.

143: The concept is interesting. The cube seems a little large, but it's still all right.

144: A very good sokoban, one of the best in the set.

145: The concept is interesting, but it gave me a headache. Sorry.

146: A surprisingly hard level. It was fun.

147: There should be more open levels like this. But this doesn't deserve the 147 slot. This is way too easy.

148: I generally don't like digging paths for monsters, but this one is all right.

149: Not solved yet.

I hope to leave feedback on UC4 soon.
CC is awesome!

Thanks for the feedback!

Quote:82: I find this to be all right. It hasn't got anything special. The hint feels a little pointless as a button just under a block that doesn't move seems suspicious.

83: I think it is annoying, considering that there is no pattern. Or maybe there is one?

92: I would love to see this in CCLP4.

96: Another level I would like to see this in CCLP4.

100: There are not enough walkers to make this level painful. The tank concepts are interesting.

102: Three of the four rooms are all right. The teeth room is very hard very late in the level, especially with invisible walls. Sorry.

133: It doesn't feel like a complete level. It feels like there is something missing, but I don't know what that would be...

135: The hardest level I solved in this set. It didn't take me three hours, but it still took me a long time.

138: It is a very fun level. But is it actually possible to read the hint? Also, I love the "cruel" ending part.

141: This seems rather easy for such a late level. Apart from that, I have nothing to say.

147: There should be more open levels like this. But this doesn't deserve the 147 slot. This is way too easy.
82: I remembered someone complaining about a block cloner not being obvious. If a tank cloner had fit with the aesthetic I'd have used that, but in this case a hint was the best solution.

83: No pattern, just a fairly long path.

92: Huh. I didn't find this one that great, honestly.

96: Agreed completely!

100: That's intentionally so, this is a bit of a breather.

102: I nerfed the teeth room in my CCLP4 submission set.

133: Again intentionally so: I wanted the level to feel somewhat surreal to play through, and it did the job.

135: I went overboard with the ridiculousness :V

138: Yes, the hint is possible to reach.

141: Again, breather level. Constantly increasing difficulty wears thin without easier level between.

147: See above comment. Further, I quite like it as a 147 since it subverts the traditional expectation of being the absolute hardest.
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

IHNN1 | IHNN2

Here is some feedback on Ultimate Chip 4:

1: Not very challenging, but the way to exit is creative.

2: This is an ordinary level. I appreciate the fact that it doesn't fill the entire map.

3: This level is much easier than it looks. That Pi<sup>2</sup> in the corner is nice.

4: Small and fun level.

5: The various rooms fit perfectly. I like it.

6: I found it rather confusing, but with levels that are completely different in both rulesets, this always happens. The partial posting with the explosion is nice.

7: I like levels where there are various challenges without many walls to seperate them.

8: The gameplay is ordinary, but the level looks great.

9: No, I'm sure the hint cannot be read. The rest of the level is all right.

10: Why do you give a password in the hint? The pattern of thin walls and ice is creative.

11: This is a very interesting concept. The pattern of exits looks nice.

12: The level is fun. The blue key is a nice addition.

13: It is slightly harder than it looks at first sight, but once the safe spots have been discovered, it's rather easy.

14: Better than Deconstruction.

15: My favorite part is the last one. Really interesting.

16: This reminds me a little of Exhibit Hall, especially since it is required to move a block from one painting to another. I like it.

17: No. I'm sorry, I don't like it much. I appreciate the fact that you put gravel to prevent Chip from pushing against an invisible walls for a long time.

18: The thin wall part is ordinary. The rest is unusual and interesting.

19: This reminds me of an ice block level you made for a Create Competition. I prefer the ice block version.

20: I would have preferred it with a shorter time limit to make it more challenging. I still like it, however.

21: I think it's better than most of Ultimate Chip (1).dat.

22: The blobs are not cloned fast enough to make it painful. The fireball part reminds me of Glider and Fire. And why the bug?

23: A fascinating idea. It is much more creative than just toggle walls. I like the fact that the level remains solvable after the balls have cloned.

24: For some reason, it took me a while to find out I needed to avoid the red keys. The level is still fun, however.

25: I didn't solve it yet. The first part feels very hard for such an early level, especially since there doesn't seem to be any pattern. I failed the second part each time I made it there because I didn't have enough time left.

26: I really like this concept of items that do more harm than good.

27: The level itself is ordinary, but the bugs and the complex mechanism for the fireballs really add to it.

28: I think it's easier than it looks, but fun.

29: Perhaps my favorite level so far.

30: It is a very rigid level, but different from most of the others, so I like it.

31: My favorite part is the tank part. The rest is all right.

32: I like the fact that Chip can play the rooms in any particular order.

33: This looks great and...blue. I especially like the use of walkers.

34: One of the most creative cypher levels ever.

35: The title is hilarious. The level is fun.

36: After playing this level, I had a headache. Sorry.

37: An interesting concept.

38: This level was slightly frustrating due to the quick timing that is sometimes required, but apart from that it was all right.

39: Really fascinating. I solved it by working my way from the exit to the fire boots.

40: I would like to see this in CCLP4.

41: An ordinary level.

42: An interesting twist on this old concept.

43: Another level I would like to see in CCLP4.

44: I prefer the previous level. This one feels very different.

45: The way to exit is nice. The rest is also enjoyable.

46: A nice way to put two mazes in one.

47: An interesting way to build an itemswapper.

48: It's slightly harder than it looks, but I like it.

49: I haven't played the original, but this one is great.

50: It feels different from many other levels. I like the fact that no precise timing is required on the force floor slide.

51: This level could have been good, but it was ruined by slide delay. Sorry.

52: A fun level.

53: This feels a little like Deserted Battlefield. The wall feels a little out of place, but replacing it with a block cloner would be a little mean.

54: A really fun level. I had no problem with the blob part, although I appreciate the hint.

55: An ordinary level. The hint is really nice.

56: A really creative level. The various steps to solve it are fun.

57: The title is extremely appropriate. The only problem I have is the teeth getting stuck in the teleport, rendering the level unsolvable.

58: A really creative way to build a simple maze.

59: The various rooms are fun. The ice paths are well built.

60: A really unusual block pushing level. It was fun and not tedious at all.

61: A really simple level. I don't really understand why it was made. Sorry.

62: A few very simple mazes. It was all right.

63: Do you have any plans to publicly release this other game? As for this level, it is really creative.

64: The layout of the level makes it slightly confusing. But that's what makes it different.

65: It took me forever to solve the first room, becuase I was searching for a complex solution when it was really easy. The sokoban is all right, but I have seen some better ones in UC3 and earlier in this set.

66: The title is funny. The level is fun to play, An interesting challenge would have been to add the green key later on, but the level is still fun.

67: I was completely stuck until I found the solution on the other side of the teleport. Really creative.

68: It's amazing how fun and challenging such a small level can be. I really like it.

69: The teeth part feels rather ordinary. The force floor part is slightly harder in Lynx due to lack of boosting. Essentially, this level doesn't feel special.

70. The red key and the tank are not required. Is this intentional or a bust? Still, this level is nice.

71: I really like it when some parts of the level can only be achieved when specifically looking for them. The sokobans are not very hard, but that's not a problem.

72: It's interesting. I prefer the ball part, which reminds me of a level in CCLP1. I prefer this version.

73: The various rooms fit perfectly together.

74: I think it's harder than it looks due to the way the insects are spinning. But it's still interesting.

75: The hint explains everything that needs to be known. The level is fun. Is the force floor Pi intentional?

I will leave some feedback on the other half of the set once I will have solved more levels.
CC is awesome!

Quote:10: Why do you give a password in the hint? The pattern of thin walls and ice is creative.

17: No. I'm sorry, I don't like it much. I appreciate the fact that you put gravel to prevent Chip from pushing against an invisible walls for a long time.

19: This reminds me of an ice block level you made for a Create Competition. I prefer the ice block version.

21: I think it's better than most of Ultimate Chip (1).dat.

22: The blobs are not cloned fast enough to make it painful. The fireball part reminds me of Glider and Fire. And why the bug?

23: A fascinating idea. It is much more creative than just toggle walls. I like the fact that the level remains solvable after the balls have cloned.

29: Perhaps my favorite level so far.

34: One of the most creative cypher levels ever.

35: The title is hilarious. The level is fun.

39: Really fascinating. I solved it by working my way from the exit to the fire boots.

40: I would like to see this in CCLP4.

43: Another level I would like to see in CCLP4.

44: I prefer the previous level. This one feels very different.

47: An interesting way to build an itemswapper.

50: It feels different from many other levels. I like the fact that no precise timing is required on the force floor slide.

51: This level could have been good, but it was ruined by slide delay. Sorry.

53: This feels a little like Deserted Battlefield. The wall feels a little out of place, but replacing it with a block cloner would be a little mean.

56: A really creative level. The various steps to solve it are fun.

57: The title is extremely appropriate. The only problem I have is the teeth getting stuck in the teleport, rendering the level unsolvable.

60: A really unusual block pushing level. It was fun and not tedious at all.

61: A really simple level. I don't really understand why it was made. Sorry.

63: Do you have any plans to publicly release this other game? As for this level, it is really creative.

64: The layout of the level makes it slightly confusing. But that's what makes it different.

65: It took me forever to solve the first room, becuase I was searching for a complex solution when it was really easy. The sokoban is all right, but I have seen some better ones in UC3 and earlier in this set.

66: The title is funny. The level is fun to play, An interesting challenge would have been to add the green key later on, but the level is still fun.

70. The red key and the tank are not required. Is this intentional or a bust? Still, this level is nice.

72: It's interesting. I prefer the ball part, which reminds me of a level in CCLP1. I prefer this version.

75: The hint explains everything that needs to be known. The level is fun. Is the force floor Pi intentional?
10: I decided to have hints in out of the way places with passwords in them, because I liked the idea of having to look for hints.

17: It's the obligatory invisible wall level, except it's not a maze.

19: I made this one first and replaced all the blocks with ice blocks for the create level.

23: This maze concept is my favorite in the set, honestly. That's saying a lot since I had some good ones Tongue

29: I always found it to be fun, but not that great.

34: I'd say it's probably one of the most subtle, but not creative.

39: First level made for UC4. I solve it that way, too.

40: Honestly, I like most of the level. I still feel like the walker room should be redesigned further, especially for a CCLP.

43: Agreed!

44: Intentionally different. Fun fact: this and the previous level were made over 100 levels apart.

51: I was careful when designing that part to make sure the slide delay shenanigans would never kill Chip or cook the level.

53: That was the idea when designing it.

56: Anothing of my favorite maze concepts.

57: I noticed that after the fact, though there is a way to make the tooth monster not get stuck.

60: That was exactly the intent: block on water is really underused.

61: It's a simple walker dodging level with wide open spaces. It serves as a nice bit of variety from some of the other levels surrounding it.

63: No plans to publicly release it if it's not already available from the Dragonfly engine site-I don't even have the final version of the source code available.

64: Another of my favorite maze concepts, though I went more of an itemswapper/collection route here.

65: Honestly, the sokoban didn't necessarily need to be tricky, it just needed to utilize the gimmick well, and that's what it did.

66: See #64 but with collection.

70. It's a bust made intentional- random 8 found it during testing, but since it forces a linear order I believe it's actually slower than doing both paths at once. Regardless, I think it adds to the level.

72: Nitroglycerin inspired the pink ball part.

75: The pi shape wasn't intended, it's just how the design of the rooms force the shape into.

Thanks for the feedback!

IHNN1 | IHNN2

Fun set so far! I'm currently on level 52, and I think I found a bust...the block at 8,17 can be pushed up to 13,19, then over to 17,19, at which point Chip can get underneath it and down to the exit, completing the level in about 25 seconds... I figured I'd give you a chance to fix it before I report a score for it at pie guy's site... Slight smile
Mike L

My level sets:
MikeL2 - 200 levels, updated 1/22/2017
MikeL2-fix - Lynx compatible version of MikeL2
MikeL3 - 86 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - a best-of set with levels from MikeL2, MikeL4 or my now-hidden rejects set
MikeL4 - 27 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - home of any new post-2009 levels I make
MikeLrejects - 351 levels, updated 5/16/2013 - all my older/experimental/not as good levels
Nice find Mike! Fixed it with an additional thin wall.

IHNN1 | IHNN2