Suggestions for Create Competitions
Competition, suggestion

This idea came to me in a dream.

The procedure:

Have someone make a simple outline of shapes/lines using an editor and post the file to The Next Level Downloads section.

To compete, a designer has to download the file and use it to make a finished level.

To enter they would upload their finished level to the Downloads section.

Players could then evaluate each submitted level and designers could compare development techniques.

The winner of the competition could create the next level outline.

I have made an example file located here

http://cczone.invisionzone.com/index.php?/files/download/310-competition-suggestionccl
Hi Syzygy Slight smile

If I ran the competition using your template, would you like to act as judge for the submissions? I could announce the competition start and end, as well as any other requirements. Do you have any other requirements in mind? Would you rather be part of the competition by creating a submission and someone else would judge it?

-Miika
While this is about competition ideas, i'd like to share one i came up with (and forgot about): a Time Trial, Treasure Hunt, or Survival competition where contestants have a limited ability to edit the map. Say, a level needs a wall added to it before a submission is eligible, but the wall can replace any floor tile we choose.
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
Quote:While this is about competition ideas, i'd like to share one i came up with (and forgot about): a Time Trial, Treasure Hunt, or Survival competition where contestants have a limited ability to edit the map. Say, a level needs a wall added to it before a submission is eligible, but the wall can replace any floor tile we choose.
Ok, but who would make the level initially? Want to take a crack at it? Slight smile Keep it simple and it might just work.
While we're tossing ideas around, I've always thought it might be fun to do something like this, but with CC1's levels: take a CC1 level, remove everything but the walls, then build something else entirely...without any new walls. Slight smile
Quote:While we're tossing ideas around, I've always thought it might be fun to do something like this, but with CC1's levels: take a CC1 level, remove everything but the walls, then build something else entirely...without any new walls. Slight smile

I had that idea in mind a while back, but I don't think it would be a nice idea to go through with it all the way to the finish, just for creativity sake. On the other hand, this might work best not for CC1, but for CCLP2, considering the fact that Miika's CCLP2 project needs help making levels compatible in both rulesets. As stated above, this is just an idea.
I second all of these amazing ideas.

While I love J.B.'s idea the most, I think we should have a competition where one chooses 10 random levels from CC1 and gets rid of everything nothing but walls and some rules can be applied to some levels, like one must be an itemswapper, etc... I don't know, just something to think about Slight smile
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
As a tribute to all those levels that were eliminated in the earliest stages of CCLP3 and CCLP1, I would love to see a create competition where the objective is to make a level (or maybe a small levelset) that reeks of "poor quality". One star

But without using obvious techniques like being excessively difficult, trivial, repetitive, random or derivative in nature.

(I once played a Doom II set called thissuxx.wad which did a marvellously terrible job of this kind.)

- Madhav.
What about one that's "Make a hard level like BLOBDANCE, but no using blobs or walkers at all."
Sewiouswy, Pom-Pom, whewe is that CCLP4 I so want?

~Chipwoodstock
Chip Win
Quote:What about one that's "Make a hard level like BLOBDANCE, but no using blobs or walkers at all."

There's already something like this. It's called CCLP3.
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon