Giraffe Pack - Discussion
Quote:Giraffe#37 Exit Garden: Don't like it.

Umm... why exactly?
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
I generally dislike "run around grabbing chips while teeth chase you" levels. I feel like this one was one of the better ones of that style but it didn't mean I really liked it.
Okay then. I admire your honesty at least.
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Quote:

Since I finished Shampoo, Cardboard, and Giraffe today, I can comment on them. I already commented on most of Shampoo and Cardboard, but I haven't touched on Giraffe, so I will now:

Giraffe#40 Enter the Teleporter: This level is too hard.

With words like tiresome, obnoxious, boring, meh, hated it, uninteresting, annoying, and disgusting to describe the levels, I was going to point out how negative your comments are, but then I looked at your levelset submitted for voting. Ummm, yeah, you got all the rights to comment as you wish. Your levels are some of the best. I found I gave most, if not all, of your levels a 5 (so far).

Level 40 isn't really that hard. I am not that good and I solved it without any problems (time 486). It sounds like you are giving up too soon on some of these.
Quote:With words like tiresome, obnoxious, boring, meh, hated it, uninteresting, annoying, and disgusting to describe the levels, I was going to point out how negative your comments are, but then I looked at your levelset submitted for voting. Ummm, yeah, you got all the rights to comment as you wish. Your levels are some of the best. I found I gave most, if not all, of your levels a 5 (so far).

Level 40 isn't really that hard. I am not that good and I solved it without any problems (time 486). It sounds like you are giving up too soon on some of these.

Maybe I am a little negative, when I look at it. I'll keep it in mind. I wanted to be honest but I also don't want people to think I'm dismissive of their levels. There were only a few levels that I really didn't like playing.

I don't feel like I can adequately judge my levels (some of them I'm proud of, some of them I'm not happy with) so I'm glad that you enjoyed my levels and gave them high marks. I don't always feel as great about them myself.

I am not a very good player, so some levels that have elements I'm bad at (monster dodging and timing in general) are problematic and I don't finish every level if I feel like I can get the gist of the level. Maybe I give up too soon on some of them, but I tend to give up because I want to play other, more exciting levels. Although I didn't give a ton of effusive praise, even the "meh" ones were fun enough that I kept them to the end.
After yesterday's stream of this set, my favourite levels were Sleeping Dragon, PortalSwapper, Cross Over, A (Mostly) Simple Maze and Finding.

That being said, my favourite (or any player's favourite) aren't necessarily what might fit best in CCLP1, and so far that's what I've noticed with you guys. Liking a level doesn't mean it fits in the mould, and disliking it doesn't mean it doesn't. I won't hint you guys with any ratings I've given since I don't want to cause bias, but yeah, maybe try to understand the purpose of a level before pointing the finger, and analyse what it could bring to CCLP1, perhaps, maybe, question mark?

We certainly don't want to go "this-level-is-the-best-let's-have-149-copies-of-it-into-the-product"...
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
#5 (Lots of Stuff): This level suffers from the boss glitch. (The boss for the machine at [6,25] is one of the bugs two rooms before it. After it drowns, the boss is the circling glider in the next room.)

#8 (Caved In): Busted? Three exits are reachable in MS. Also, i'm not sure how i feel about that wetblock screw (like hotblocks, but with water).

#14 (Dodge and Run): This has an issue with the controller glitch, though it's not significant.

#32 (Death Box): I don't know if this was mentioned in earlier posts, but a proper boss for the teeth cloner?

#39 (Hate This and I'll Love You): Do we need this kind of message in CCLP1? It sounds like the designer should see a therapist.

#48 (Blocked Alley): dat missing hint tile

#50 (Clone Field): Good concept, but a bit short on time i think.
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
Quote:#39 (Hate This and I'll Love You): Do we need this kind of message in CCLP1? It sounds like the designer should see a therapist.

I'm pretty sure hint messages would be changed (if not removed entirely) in CCLP1 for some levels. I thought it was obvious this level's hint was a mere joke. Btw, Tyler designed this level.
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Quote:I'm pretty sure hint messages would be changed (if not removed entirely) in CCLP1 for some levels. I thought it was obvious this level's hint was a mere joke. Btw, Tyler designed this level.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO IT MUST STAY!

except idc
You should probably be playing CC2LP1.

Or go to the Chip's Challenge Wiki.