Your Favorite "Tutorial Review" Level
Since the release of CCLP3, many custom set designers have built level sets that are meant to be veritable games in themselves, complete with tutorial levels. And, as we all know, tutorial levels are usually packed with a Nuts and Bolts-style review at the end.

CCLP1 will probably have one of these after its introductory challenges, so what would you like to see in that spot? I'm personally pulling for "Chip Suey" from Henry Potts.
Not to be modest, but I'd really like to see History in Action there. Slight smile
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Tyler's tutorial levels were quite good. In all fairness I haven't really played many, but I also like my Heavenly Challenges from TomPCCLP1 which was kind of like Nuts And Bolts from TomP4.
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
I really liked "Chip Suey" as well, even though I didn't play it, I only saw it in your videos.

I haven't played many levels like this either. I do really like the Nuts and bolts remakes however. The levels that look similar to nuts and bolts except modified to be harder.
my CC2 sets: Mobi's Challenge (166 levels)
Walls of CCLP2 (V2) presently: ~50 levels

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakwin Rinzai

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man"
-'The Dude' Lebowski
Aren't History in Action and Heavenly Challenges a good bit harder than Nuts and Bolts? One of the things that made Nuts and Bolts feel like a review level, to me, was its linearity, and neither of those levels are linear at all.
Yeah, I prefer linearity for that spot as well, to be honest.

And while I like many of the Nuts and Bolts edits, we unfortunately can't include edited CC1 levels in a CCLP due to the copyright on the original level set. Plus, it's a CC1 alternative - going for something different should be the goal!
Quote:Aren't History in Action and Heavenly Challenges a good bit harder than Nuts and Bolts? One of the things that made Nuts and Bolts feel like a review level, to me, was its linearity, and neither of those levels are linear at all.

Quote:Yeah, I prefer linearity for that spot as well, to be honest.

And while I like many of the Nuts and Bolts edits, we unfortunately can't include edited CC1 levels in a CCLP due to the copyright on the original level set. Plus, it's a CC1 alternative - going for something different should be the goal!

I think a non linear level would be better because it wouldn't stress the player as much. Plus having the freedom to do whatever you want first is a lot better in my opinion. Linear levels are okay too I guess since that's usually my style in level designing.
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Quote:I think a non linear level would be better because it wouldn't stress the player as much. Plus having the freedom to do whatever you want first is a lot better in my opinion. Linear levels are okay too I guess since that's usually my style in level designing.

that's a good point about non-linearity. A level with multiple paths or solutions is always fun. that would be different from CC1.

why not have two levels? One linear and one non-linear... unless you're pressed for level space which you probably are.
my CC2 sets: Mobi's Challenge (166 levels)
Walls of CCLP2 (V2) presently: ~50 levels

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakwin Rinzai

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man"
-'The Dude' Lebowski
If it weren't for MSCC's error when playing sets that aren't 144 or 149 levels, I'd push for CCLPs to have 200 levels.
I like yours a lot, J.B.

Also, let's just start another series of 200-level sets afterwards, nothing keeps us from doing that. We'll have the CCLPs and something else.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow