February 2013 - Create Competition
Okay guys submissions are officially closed! I'll have the results within the next 3-4 days tops. Thanks to everyone who participated! Slight smile
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
That fast?! Oh man, can't wait!
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
Thumbs up

Also in addition, here are all the levels that were submitted. The order they go in is the order I received them all in. Slight smile

http://cczone.invisionzone.com/index.php?/files/file/216-feb2013-create-comp-entries/
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

I like what I'm seeing! Can't wait for the results!
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
While we're waiting for the results, I thought I'd share a few comments about my level now that all of the entries are available to everyone. Slight smile

A while back, the thought of naming a hurricane after Melinda had crossed my mind, but I never sat down and made a level about it. However, when this competition was announced, I knew what I was going to build. The original idea involved Chip having to brave the remains of the damage that the hurricane inflicted to make it to Melinda's house, where there would be chips in a "C + M" formation or in a heart shape waiting outside the door. But in my first few attempts at designing the level, the space required was just a bit much and took away from the rest of the level. Eventually, I settled on Chip and Melinda going out on a date as the Valentine's connection and created a "movie theater" with rows of monsters watching the "movie." Much of the inspiration for this section came from Tom P.'s Treasure Hunter level from February ("First Date"), which also had a teeth monster as Chip's date. While revising the level, I thought it'd be fun to have the standard "couple making out and not looking at the screen" thrown into the mix as well, which took the form of a couple of, um, "love bugs." Wink The "movie" was also somewhat fun to make too. I thought about having a Wild West shootout sort of thing going on, but then I realized that something more romantic would probably be more appropriate given the circumstances. So I created a "dance" scene with various monsters circling around and two "kissing" teeth that were conveniently placed right in front of where Chip and his teeth date would sit. Slight smile

The rest of the level was fairly straightforward. I had envisioned Chip traveling along the "coast" and passing some docks with glider "ships" in a sokoban-style puzzle that was supposed to be simple. But before he enjoyed his time at the movies, he needed to do some good deeds, which included leading a teeth refugee to safety, stopping the "panic" (monsters flying around, basically) at City Hall in a simple Xenocide-style puzzle that basically involved sending them into corners where they'd be still, and preventing insane asylum fireball patients from committing suicide in the water by closing those toggle doors. Add a "Thieves and Teleports"-esque puzzle in the lower left, a random maze room, and a teleport mechanism at the end, and you've basically got the gist of it. (FYI: I never intended for the fireball to follow Chip into the "theater," but I thought it would be rather funny if a movie theater "security guard" ran after Chip after he dashed into the building soaking wet in a panic to get to his date. Wink )

Enjoy playing!
Okay so I don't have the results quite ready yet, however, I did do a little review for all the levels. Based on these reviews, you can kind of get a feel on who is the winner but nothing's final yet!

1. Day 0: To The Bunker

Designer - rockdet

First off, kudos to the title. It really suits the level and it's idea a lot, which I personally love. Now for the level, you must know me really well, because I absolutely love fire mazes. Tongue I really loved the aestheics of this one. The level was beautifully crafted, despite that it's a maze. I also loved how certain chips couldn't be collected right away for the fireballs paths. It reminded me of Cloner's Maze (which I know is your favorite CC level of all time). The teleport mechanism at the end was a lot of fun too! I never thought of that idea before, but it's so simple. I honestly really wish it were for CCLP1, because I'd definitely vote this one in.

2. Drain the Ocean

Designer - geodave

This one was very enjoyable. When I first looked at it in the editor, I thought it was gonna be one of those "carry blocks across the level" levels, but I was wrong there! I was very tempted to get those 9 chips near the bottom of the level at first but good thing I didn't. It reminded me a lot about After the Rainstorm in CCLP2, but better and without the ram. The idea with the underwater magma vent was cool as well.

3. Just Stuff Goes Everywhere

Designer - M11K4

This level was pretty good. I liked the idea of the tornado, which is what I was told is based off of. I also liked how only certain dirt can be traveled through without cooking the level. I was very disappointed it was not made compatible in Lynx mode though.

4. Avalanche Mayhem

Designer - Michael (partially)

This level unfortunately doesn't really get much to say about it as I literally made a little over half this level, so only partial credit goes to you. There isn't anything in this level either that resembles an avalanche (I made the title up by the way). Only a few changes were made in this version. Creativity for this competition wasn't so good on this one sadly.

5. Hurricane Melinda

Designer - jblewis

I loved this level! Everything about this level was put together so well and every part of it has a meaning to the disaster itself. I love the design of the docks and the "maze" to the flippers. It's kind of like a destroyed version of Floating Plaza in CCLP3 to be honest (which ironically you made as well). The movie theater at the end was absolutely perfect for this level too. I liked all the puzzles included too. The only thing I didn't really like was the fireball at the end, but then again it was pretty easy at the same time.

6. The Big Crunch

Designer - random 8

I haven't actually solved this one yet, but I think I played enough of it to get a somewhat decent review of it (I got to 6 chips remaining) First off, I love the difficulty of it. Definitely is the hardest one I got in the competition. I like the idea of this disaster too, I never expected something like this. This one is definitely hands-down creative. I would probably make the hint a little more clearer on what exactly to do first though.

7. Remains

Designer - IceyLava108

This level was the last I received of the competition, getting it right when it ended! It was a lot of fun to play; I really loved it a lot. The design of it is so unique and different from most the others I recieved. One thing that really got me loving this one was actually going outside of the main section into the bomb ring. I did not see that coming at all and I remembered how CC1 didn't do that a lot, or at all for that matter. I laughed at the idea of the level's creation too, with Melinda burning your house down. It was an enjoyable level.

I'll post the actual results tomorrow. Slight smile
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

I haven't played all of them I admit but from what I've played I like Rock and J.B's the most. Smiley
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
Okay guys here you are! The results are in! It was a tough choice between the final two for the record Wink

1st place - rockdet
2nd place - jblewis
3rd place - random 8
4th place - IceyLava108
5th place - geodave
6th place - Michael
7th place - M11K4
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Ohhh yeah!!! That's 1 in 1 baby!
My YouTube Channel
Huzzah! Congrats, Rock!