February 2013 - Create Competition
Quote:Oh geez. I didn't see that Tongue Yeah, that bomb should be one tile lower.

I don't get people being so strict whenever something like that happens and jumping to the "IT'S UNSOLVABLE! SHENANIGANS!" mode though. Perhaps getting there can be harsh to realize something's wrong, but that's something usually one would understand as a little drop. Worst is that testing initially caught that until I decided to redraw the thing and assume it was just fine. It is indeed one tile lower in my current version, though, so perhaps I forgot to resend it, I sent 2 versions of it and had Josh change the latter over a skype call, so mistakes can happen, I guess.
Agreed 100% there Rock! I did in fact make that fix myself, since it was kind of obvious (at least to me). I'll reupload the package of levels so you guys can solve it.
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
One of the benefits of having new people run a competition, is to find improvements to some of the existing methods of doing so. Not punishing someone for a small mistake on a create level is, I believe, one of the things that we just didn't think about before. In a time trial or similar, we have to do that, but for a create competition, it's not the point at all to make the most perfect level, but to come up with a good concept and execution. Allowing for small, obvious fixes improves this competition as a whole.

I guess it took Flareon350's own level from last September to give him this idea and teach us this lesson Tongue
Quote:One of the benefits of having new people run a competition, is to find improvements to some of the existing methods of doing so. Not punishing someone for a small mistake on a create level is, I believe, one of the things that we just didn't think about before. In a time trial or similar, we have to do that, but for a create competition, it's not the point at all to make the most perfect level, but to come up with a good concept and execution. Allowing for small, obvious fixes improves this competition as a whole.

I guess it took Flareon350's own level from last September to give him this idea and teach us this lesson Tongue

But I didn't enter last September's create competition. The only ones I joined were January, March and Christmas of last year.
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Quote:But I didn't enter last September's create competition. The only ones I joined were January, March and Christmas of last year.
Yes, I'm sorry, I meant the January one where you submitted an unsolvable level. Should've checked. Do you have an updated version of that somewhere for me to include in the collected set for the whole year?
Quote:Yes, I'm sorry, I meant the January one where you submitted an unsolvable level. Should've checked. Do you have an updated version of that somewhere for me to include in the collected set for the whole year?

What? It was unsolvable? I was never aware of this, nor do I think anyone told me of it.... But no I don't have an updated version of it. I actually don't like what I submitted that month anyways.
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Quote:What? It was unsolvable? I was never aware of this, nor do I think anyone told me of it.... But no I don't have an updated version of it. I actually don't like what I submitted that month anyways.
So my reasoning falls apart... except that:

Quote:My entry from last month is impossible to beat actually. Most be why I got last place Tongue
But if you had forgotten this, it doesn't help my reasoning at all.
Hmmm...I guess I forgot then.

Where did you even find where I said that?
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Quote:Hmmm...I guess I forgot then.

Where did you even find where I said that?
You can click the little curved arrow at the top right of a quote to go to the original post.

(you seem to still be up, drop by the chat again. I didn't hear you when you came by a bit earlier)
Hmmm...I honestly think it would be best to just remove that level I submitted entirely. I don't really have the motivation to edit it to be solvable Tongue
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

OH MAN DRAMA!
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow