Program to execute routes?
I had this idea some time ago (and forgot about for some time) of having a program which reads a route (preferably in directional notation, but not necessarily) and attempts to execute it in MSCC or TW(2). Useful if the route is extremely difficult to execute and you're not entirely sure if it will even work.

Would anyone know if such a program already exists? Any ethical objections to such a program?
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
I believe I had that talk with James Anderson quite some time ago. Not quite the time to reply now, but we could have it here too.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
There was a program for the original Chip's Challenge I think that does that, not Tile World. I believe you had to email and ask for it, though.
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
Pretty much destroys optimization. Let's hear James.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
Quote:I believe I had that talk with James Anderson quite some time ago. Not quite the time to reply now, but we could have it here too.

You'll have to refresh my memory...
I think an ideal feature would be "replay" which basically allows you to watch the level happening but then take over at any time. This is great if you're solving a big long level and mess up near the end. It totally negates having to do tedium all over again.

Other games have such features however, considering some of the random elements in chips challenge it might not be so easy to do.

One way I've seen in other games is the program copies all your mouse/key presses or something like that. But I don't know exactly how it works or how to make something like that.
my CC2 sets: Mobi's Challenge (166 levels)
Walls of CCLP2 (V2) presently: ~50 levels

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakwin Rinzai

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man"
-'The Dude' Lebowski
Quote:Other games have such features however, considering some of the random elements in chips challenge it might not be so easy to do.

If Tile World 2 can do it, then I think MSCC could as well. Don't look at me though I don't know anything about programming what-so-ever. Tongue
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
I like the replay feature, since you obviously have to input it in order to review the route afterwards. Though that's another debate here.
My YouTube Channel
A while back I wrote a program to take a route (in tick-by-tick notation) and produce a tws. Most of my solutions from the chips.dat public tws were produced this way, since at the time I was still playing MSCC.
I was wondering about that - I seem to recall that CCLP2 #85's bold route was released on the TWS before you scored it.