Poll: Do you (generally speaking) let music play when you play Chip's Challenge (the original program)?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
No: I don't use the original Chip's Challenge program.
7.69%
1 7.69%
No: I leave it off.
53.85%
7 53.85%
Yes: the original tunes that came with the program.
15.38%
2 15.38%
Yes: custom tunes (which may or may not include the original tunes).
23.08%
3 23.08%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Do you use sounds in MSCC?
I happen to be listening to the original CHIP01.MID right now. On loop. With nothing else on the playlist. Thumbs up

CHIP02.MID, on the other hand, is mediocre.
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
I don't listen to the music in the game, however, I do like the CHIP02 MIDI file. The canyon.MIDI is also amazing.

Sound effects wise... I use them all the time. I add the bomb and socket sounds from tile world 2 though since I don't have the originals. Slight smile
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
I had the version that didn't include Canyon. Slight frown

Back when I still could play MS version I added over 20 songs from other games, notably, Lemmings, Jewels of the Oracle and JourneyMan. But I did keep the one chip song, idk 1 or 2. It's the one that's NOT the 'bouncy' trumpet carnival like song. I didn't really care for that one and thought it gets really annoying after awhile especially if the level is long.

With only 2 or 3 songs it can get quite monotonous I think, but with a good variety it's great.

I always loved the BWIP sound when you collect a key in MS. Rolling eyes
my CC2 sets: Mobi's Challenge (166 levels)
Walls of CCLP2 (V2) presently: ~50 levels

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakwin Rinzai

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man"
-'The Dude' Lebowski
Apparently, i didn't get the canyon.MID either.

Quote:It's the one that's NOT the 'bouncy' trumpet carnival like song.

But...that's the one i like...

And BWIP totally looks like a password. Slight smile
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
I still have the MSCC sound effects and use them in Tile World. I also have the CHIP01 and CHIP02 MIDI files, and sometimes play them in the background while playing TW, but sadly, I never had canyon.

And about CHIP01, the carnival-song: I always thought it sounded like it would have the lyrics "dancing, dancing, with a bomb". Don't ask why.
They call me Earthling, for I come from Earth.

Earthling1.dat, my levelset.
Intersting, I was just wondering if MSCC had sound for bombs (as I didn't, the time, have sound for MS. I finally found a file with the original CCL1 sound play that everyone above has mentioned...but it doesn't have the bomb sound. It appears from reading Flareon that it can be added. Wish I knew where to get it and how to add it.

Anyone that knows and can help, please do. Thanks, Ian Wilson
I generally listen to music when playing cc, so i normally keep the sounds off.
<p>Proud owner of absolutely no untied bolds.
Quote:Intersting, I was just wondering if MSCC had sound for bombs (as I didn't, the time, have sound for MS. I finally found a file with the original CCL1 sound play that everyone above has mentioned...but it doesn't have the bomb sound. It appears from reading Flareon that it can be added. Wish I knew where to get it and how to add it.

Anyone that knows and can help, please do. Thanks, Ian Wilson

The bomb sound file should be HIT3.wav in the folder you have MSCC in... If you have one of the complete Windows Entertainment Packs including Jezzball, it should have a file JEZZDEAD.wav which is actually the same sound effect - if you make a copy of this file and rename it HIT3, that should give you the bomb sound effect... Hope that helps!
Mike L

My level sets:
MikeL2 - 200 levels, updated 1/22/2017
MikeL2-fix - Lynx compatible version of MikeL2
MikeL3 - 86 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - a best-of set with levels from MikeL2, MikeL4 or my now-hidden rejects set
MikeL4 - 27 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - home of any new post-2009 levels I make
MikeLrejects - 351 levels, updated 5/16/2013 - all my older/experimental/not as good levels
Quote:Apparently, i didn't get the canyon.MID either.

But...that's the one i like...

And BWIP totally looks like a password. Slight smile

To each his own number one. Slight smile

Actually to be precise I don’t dislike that song. It’s just the kind of song I don’t like to listen to for a long period of time. Kind of reminds me of Yakaty Sax. Whereas the other one for some reason just sounds really cool to me and I could listen to it for a long time. That bass line is crazy! (of course it’s probably not an actual bass guitar but midi instruments…) those two songs used to stick in my head for hours... at night while I tried to sleep.

hey have you guys heard the music from the Lynx original? I really liked that, even thought the video I saw was pretty laggy, from what I saw there were at least 4 different songs and they all sounded pretty good. I wish they had adapted them in some way.

--------------

have you heard of this?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKiCpk1Wwxw
my CC2 sets: Mobi's Challenge (166 levels)
Walls of CCLP2 (V2) presently: ~50 levels

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakwin Rinzai

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man"
-'The Dude' Lebowski
I don't use music or sounds when recording, otherwise usually the default tunes and regular + custom sound effects. mscc ftw
ZK1 / ZK2 / ZK3 / ZK3: Abandoned / ZK4 / ZK5

Bronze / Silver / Gold