Where were your level designs/titles thought of?
Thanks to an epic Skype chat, I thought of this topic. Tongue

Basically, whatever levels you have made, explain where or how you thought of your designs or titles. They all had to origin from somewhere!

One of my levels, Bacon Cave [JCCLP #147] was originally thought of in the freezer at my job. Tongue
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
School, dreams, title bank, and hell.
ZK1 / ZK2 / ZK3 / ZK3: Abandoned / ZK4 / ZK5

Bronze / Silver / Gold
Mostly movies and Sonic games for me. I've also done places I've been to in real life.
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
A decent number of the titles of my levels are references to things:

The Good, The Blob and the Toothy is a reference to the well-known movie The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

The Trouble With Toggles references one of the best episodes of Star Trek, The Trouble With Tribbles.

Wheels in Wheels is taken from a certain line in the Bible (Ezekiel I think) that stuck in my mind because it sounded cool and seemed appropriate to the the level design.

Advanced Lesson obviously plays off how the level superficially resembles LESSON 1 but is significantly trickier.

Tank! is a reference to the title of the opening track of the anime Cowboy Bebop with the same name.

Chip Battles The Blue Robots is a reference to the opus album of The Flaming Lips, Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots.

The Straight and Narrow, besides being a saying, is also a reference to the lyrics of the song Getting in Tune by The Who.

The Long and Winding has symmetry with The Straight and Narrow, and refers to the title of a song by The Beatles.

Taking Tooth Castle is a reference to the Brian Eno album Taking Tiger Mountain (By Strategy)

Of the rest most were self-explanatory, or silly puns, or forgotten moments of serendipity. A few, like Nine Rooms, are cop-outs because I couldn't think of a name, or hints as to how the level works.
For most of my levels, the title is one of the last things i deal with unless i happen to think of one i like before i finish making the level. My level design is focused more around concepts than references, though there's a bit of that as well.

And then, of course, i occasionally take ideas from the level title bank.
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
After hearing that ccexplore made a level for a 2-bit adder, I thought of making a level with a demultiplexer concept.

(Guess which level this is.)

- Madhav.

P.S. rockdet was right: I do like to convert things into puzzles. Tongue
I just get my names from random things that pop into my head. Sometimes my levels are named for what's in the level (Such as Cluttered Warehouse), sometimes after song titles (Such as "Keys to the Kingdom"), sometimes from movies (Such as the Indiana Chip series), and sometimes it's just plain random and has no purpose at all (Such as Schnitzel and Dr. Awkward).
<p>Proud owner of absolutely no untied bolds.
For some reason, imo the title bank's Anonymous section has the best titles. Random people have the best ideas Thumbs up
ZK1 / ZK2 / ZK3 / ZK3: Abandoned / ZK4 / ZK5

Bronze / Silver / Gold
I get a lot of ideas from everyday's routine. Some of my greatest ones were made at school, in class with a friend while the dull professor in front just reads his notes... Dominion and Mind Cluster were born that way.

Most of the time, a level randomly appears in my head, then I design it in 10 minutes or less. Hard to believe, but Whirl Blast was made in 10 minutes.

As for titles, I have to say James is a great inspiration with his everyday exaggerations, but whenever I get an idea or see something that looks cool, I write it down. My list has insanely grown up :S
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow