What's the weather like where you are?
Every time I hear the word "Tornado," I think of The Wizard Of Oz.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Quote:Northern but more in central CA.

Also I JUST EXPERIENCED MY FIRST TORNADO TODAY!!!!!!

To celebrate, lets watch Twister now Tongue

Describe it.. It can't have been very strong, or you wouldn't be worrying about posting.

Was it confirmed by the NWS as a tornado? If not, did you see rotating debris on the ground with cloud base rotation*? If not, it might have been something else like a microburst (which can have tornado strength winds).

*When there is tornadic rotation in the clouds, it's REALLY REALLY obvious. There's no mistaking it for anything else.

Also, for fun:

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/mkx/?n=scary-clouds

Thankfully, most tornadoes do not look like this (enjoy the stock image, lol):

[Image: Binger_Oklahoma_Tornado.jpg]
Quote:You tested your own land mine. It worked!
This one reminds me of Cold War-era propaganda, for some reason:

[Image: falsefunnel.jpg]

Maybe it's the idyllic playground set against the ominous sky...who knows.

Sky let loose with a torrential downpour this morning. It'd been brewing since last night. Luckily I have my raincoat with me. Thumbs up
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
It's cold here. Very cold. I might just wear my winter coat tomorrow; forget how crappy I'd look.

It might rain tonight. I'm prepared as far as my raincoat goes. Can't say I look forward to the four mile walk home, though.
It's going to in the 90's Fahrenheit this weekend here. Oh dear.
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
I need to move to California. As in, immediately.
Trust me, the weather might be nice but the people, as well as the state itself SUCKS. Wink
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

People, in general, suck. If there's only one life lesson that I've accumulated in my 23 years on Earth, that is it.

And the state itself can't be any worse than Indiana. At least CA is reliably blue. Wink
Quote:People, in general, suck.

Thumbs up

Quote:And the state itself can't be any worse than Indiana. At least CA is reliably blue. Wink

When I say the state itself, I mean the laws here. They are just so ridiculous! Well, at least we can pump our own gas in our cars here, as I heard that's illegal to do in Oregon Tongue feel free to correct me if I'm wrong though.
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

We have blue laws! You can't buy booze between midnight on Sunday and 7:00 AM on Monday!

Not to mention that we'll probably be one of the last non-deep-South states to legalize gay marriage.