Submission duration?
Quote:Agreed there. Hadn't we pushed towards doing this thing, you guys would probably still be in CCLP3 mode saying "I got time, took 3 years, will take 3 years again."

Screw laziness. If you had to have ideas for CCLP1, they should already be ongoing and most possibly done with. No intervention on our hand and it'd still be the same argument listed above, while now we're pushing towards it. We told you what we want, you had time to think of it (5 months is enough to produce what you have to produce CC1-difficulty-style), we'd have to conclude at some point that either you weren't interested in contributing (which is too bad in a way), having shown absolutely no concrete proof of working in this direction, you haven't had any idea up to now (which is very unlikely) or you were too lazy to start working on it, in which case we can't wait forever.

Well, that was a somewhat-aggressively-worded reply... Or maybe it was just the unexpected way that "we" and "you guys" were used that made me feel that way. Slight smile

I'm quite sure that the assumptions you're making about those who haven't contributed yet aren't correct, but I cannot prove it.

5 months isn't as long a period of time as it once used to be (and apparently, forever has become even shorter...)

Quote:There's always another CCLP.
So?

- Madhav.
So, if you specifically, Madhav, need more time, talk to the staff and ask for an extension. It's not like we're a dictatorship; we just want to get things going. Testing, updating, voting, compiling and so on take a long time.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
Quote:So, if you specifically, Madhav, need more time...
I currently have no plans to make any levels for CCLP1.

- Madhav.
Honestly guys, I agree with all the staff about this argument. I'm not just saying this, I really do agree. Everyone has known about CCLP1 since last April when it was first mentioned for consideration. Basically almost a full year ago.

If anyone really needed more time to finish with their levels to submit, just ask the staff for a bit more time. There not gonna hold it against you if you need more time.

Problem solved.
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
I feel the CCLP3 situation was drastically different. The people who did CCLP2 said, we should make another one some time and then never followed up on it. Life happens, so we shouldn't even blame them. And now that set is done, so we can look forward. I see a dedicated group working on CCLP1. At least that makes me optimistic. Can we churn out a new set by the end of the year? Sure, but will it feel rushed? It might. Will it contain levels made by me? I don't know. Personally I need to consider just not being a part of this one, and that's mainly due to the time available. Perhaps I just feel it needs to happen now only because it can. I don't feel this is the right reason, and it confuses me.

-Miika
Quote:I currently have no plans to make any levels for CCLP1.

So what's the issue exactly?

Also my reply was quite aggressive because I'm kinda bored of people just shouting around "We need time, we need time!" but never to explain why. The cards were played that way, but there's always a way around it. If at least the designers in question had shown interest towards the project (which I can only say for Miika so far)...

@Miika: The easiest solution I say is: get your things done whenever you can. If by the deadline, there's something going on and for XYZ reason you need some more time, we're always open for discussion.

Same applies for everyone. If you feel you have the idea of the century for CCLP1, we certainly don't want to go on without it. But we also need to get things moving forward.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow