Stupid deaths.
I did the same thing on skate search.
Quote:You tested your own land mine. It worked!
Quote:I did the same thing on skate search.
Me too! Amazing!

- Madhav.
Really tired of my pictures not posting....
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
Quote:This was incredibly annoying, being so close to the end of Twisted Chambers:

http://geodave.webs.com/omg3120.PNG

The ffs in that level took me forever in MS.

I had a similar problem at the end of Mistakes. Because I didn't feel like going through that all again just to get killed, I semi-cheated: I copied the level into a new set, placed Chip near the end, and played that small section until I'd perfected it. Then I went back and played the full level for real.

Is this a popular technique in the Chips community? How severe is it on the "cheating" scale? For the record, I also did this for Freezer (the fireball room) and a few other levels in CCLP3 (specific titles elude me at present)...
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
I don't consider that cheating. I've done it for many levels. As long as you go back and do the whole level.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
Phew! I think I'd have gone mad if I had to solve the block room in Floating Plaza without the benefit of an edited level. Wink
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
The sokoban in Floating Plaza isn't that bad once you know how to solve it. It's the blockslide portion of the level I don't approve of.
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Quote:The sokoban in Floating Plaza isn't that bad once you know how to solve it. It's the blockslide portion of the level I don't approve of.

ALL sokobans aren't that bad once you know how to solve them!!!!

That particular sokoban did cause me many hours of consternation.
I actually found the sokoban in floating plaza quite easy, I managed it on my first attempt Smiley. It is easy to avoid mistakes that will cook it and the structure is simple.
Quote:The sokoban in Floating Plaza isn't that bad once you know how to solve it. It's the blockslide portion of the level I don't approve of.

At least you can go to that part whenever you'd like after you finish the beginning, though. Slight smile