Stupid deaths.
True...but all the same, the more block pushing one has to do at the start of the level, the higher the level of frustration when one cooks the sobokan yet again.

(Or maybe it's just me.)
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
It's better than the hard sokoban at the end of a long, already difficult level. Yes, you. You know who I'm looking at.
Quote:You tested your own land mine. It worked!
...I didn't know that the designer of Cityblock follows the threads at CCZone. Wink
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Quote:...I didn't know that the designer of Cityblock follows the threads at CCZone. Wink

Classic example
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
Quote:At least you can go to that part whenever you'd like after you finish the beginning, though. Slight smile

Yeah true. I guess I forgot about that Tongue

Quote:ALL sokobans aren't that bad once you know how to solve them!!!!

Not ALL sokobans. I will never be able to fully know the one in Warehouse II and at the end of Cityblock.
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Quote:

I had a similar problem at the end of Mistakes. Because I didn't feel like going through that all again just to get killed, I semi-cheated: I copied the level into a new set, placed Chip near the end, and played that small section until I'd perfected it. Then I went back and played the full level for real.

Is this a popular technique in the Chips community? How severe is it on the "cheating" scale? For the record, I also did this for Freezer (the fireball room) and a few other levels in CCLP3 (specific titles elude me at present)...

Unless I'm wrong, I believe that is called ghosting and it is pretty popular. I did that before I knew what it was when I was playtesting my own levels and get frustrated over one part.

Also, as a side note, Mistakes was impossible in Lynx for my version of Chip's Workshop that I was using at the time. It was that final ball part. I wonder what version of C.W. Dave was using when he posted that picture...?
~Bowman
I was playing CCLP3. That's an actual screen capture of my death in TW.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
I never considered Cityblock particularly hard. Long, yes, but not horibbly difficult. I did that one for pleasure when chips.dat was the only puzzle I played. But I hated Jumping Swarm. Died so many times there.

Ian
Cityblock's more boring than hard, I suppose...there are worse sobokans out there, but given that this one occurs at the end and that it's so easy to cook...

It's certainly not the easiest block maze out there, though, no matter how you slice it.
Just died on Water Trap WITH THE FLIPPERS by being hit by a glider.....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr