...so, what do you think about tomorrow's Wikipedia/Reddit blackout?
I have decided my YouTube channel is doing it too. My videos will still be accessible via search but I am going to hold up on the uploads for a full week and take down the channel entirely for that time period (yes, I found a way to do so not permanently). I completely don't approve of Let's Plays becoming illegal and whole sites being taken down just for a few pirates that exist on it; it is similar to pepper spraying an entire crowd for the innapropros of one person.

If the bill passes, I will then black out for a month and YouTube will probably be killed during that time. Slight frown Not very likely though, so I'm counting on it flopping.
Quote:Does this mean we lose the Chip's Challenge wikia? Slight frown

I don't think that's Wikipedia itself, though, so no.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Quote:I have decided my YouTube channel is doing it too. My videos will still be accessible via search but I am going to hold up on the uploads for a full week and take down the channel entirely for that time period (yes, I found a way to do so not permanently). I completely don't approve of Let's Plays becoming illegal and whole sites being taken down just for a few pirates that exist on it; it is similar to pepper spraying an entire crowd for the innapropros of one person.

Good for you! I hope other Youtubers are doing the same thing.

And yeah, if the bill passes, Youtube will be DOA. Obama's said that he'll veto the bill, but who knows what might happen after November...
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Wikipedia blackout confirmed for England. You can print screen just before the page loads up though if you're quick enough. Tongue
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
...there are ways of getting around the blackout; even Wikipedia admits this. The blackout FAQ page gives instructions on how to do it.
Looks like rateyourmusic.com also shut down today. Thumbs up
I just blacked out my channel today too. I'm not taking any chances Thumbs up
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
^Nice!!!

...people talk about the Democrats as the party of the people, but then you find this sort of atrocity in which three REPUBLICANS jump ship, while Harry Reid continutes to push for the bill:

http://latimesblogs....n-congress.html

This is why I voted for Nader in 2008 and will never vote for a major party candidate for as long as I live.
I didn't do it, for sole reason that I don't have the time to.

But I do agree with Wikipedia, it's such a great idea they had.

Between you and I, that's never gonna pass anyway.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
Quote:Between you and I, that's never gonna pass anyway.

...you never know. Look at the Patriot Act. I think there was ONE senator who opposed it. ONE.

(Just saying)