Poll: Defined as somebody who plays CC with the intention of improving their best times (mostly in the 3 official sets). One can be both a casual and competitive player.
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I am
21.74%
5 21.74%
I was in the past, but I lost interest
0%
0 0%
Sort of...I don't consider myself a serious one
60.87%
14 60.87%
No, but I might try competitive play out
4.35%
1 4.35%
I will die before I care about my best times
13.04%
3 13.04%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Are you a competitive player?
Quite clearly, I've been one of the most competitive players in Chip's Challenge for many years, and I was learning far more in the CCLP3 era than I ever had been in the past; I could figure out what parts of a route could possibly be improved upon, and if I knew someone had done better than me, the required time improvement also assisted with this. All of a sudden, dramatic personal change has pulled me away from the game and I haven't even touched it for weeks (though I've opened the editors to re-check levels); it's been quite sad to have the Wiki disappear completely from my browsing history and to forget CCLP3 level numbers. Most of you have Facebook accounts, though Miika asked about it directly, and know basically what's happening. Chip's Challenge is currently of much less importance; there are still tasks I wish to accomplish (such as finishing the ChipWiki annotations), but this may come much later. I'm honestly not sure when.
Sometimes I can be competitive but usually not anymore. I love improving my scores, which put me at 29th place for CCLP2! And I'm currently replaying CC1 for scoreboard purposes. On level 54 (which sucks...)
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Quote:Though I enjoy competitive playing, CCLP3 playtesting helped me appreciate the value of casual playing.

My encouragement to the other playtesters during that period was, "Think like Rock." Slight smile

I am quite surprised and honored to see that line. That made my day.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
I'm not that patient when it comes to getting a bold time, especially when I'm not the only one trying to get the best time. I just sometimes do it, but I don't expect to get the best time.
Glider
First chipster ever reported to fill ON THE ROCKS with blocks.

HASHLEVELS.dat (49 CC1 levels)
If I finish a level and find that I'm within a few seconds of the bold I might give it another couple of tries, provided it wasn't too long or annoying a level, but generally I'm not all that fussed about them. I just don't have the time resources skill.
CC1: 5,954,550 (completed)
--- CCLP1: 5,989,110 (completed)
--- CCLP2: 5,936,410 (148 levels completed)
--- CCLP3: 1,223,887 (a few levels completed)

My levelset JRB_CCLP1.ccl