Walls of CCLP3 discussion
Roughly two years ago, I attempted at a project that would have been my ultimate CC1 set - Walls of CCLP1. I was inspired enough by Joshua Bone's Walls of CC1 to attempt it but as a CC1 set. However, after about 20 levels were made, I lost sight of the project for one reason or another and aborted it completely. Though I savaged most the levels made for it and placed them into JoshL6-extended, but the thought of doing a walls of set with a different set of walls remained in the back of my mind since then.

Then Walls of CCLP4 came out. That... brought back the inspiration to try a walls of set again. Though, I had already placed the ones with CCLP1's walls into JoshL6 so reattempting it, didn't make much sense. CC1's and CCLP2's walls is already being done by Joshua Bone and mobius respectively as CC2 sets. J.B. started up his own Walls of CCLP1 set, which is better suited for him than me. So what other official set is left?

CCLP3.

I initially planned to not release this till it was completely done, however, iterative releases are a fun way to get other members involved with the process of any set and honestly aren't done much anymore these days. This first release holds 40 levels - I'm planning on releasing another update once 70-80 levels is reached, which should provided plenty of time to make any adjustments and/or fixes to these levels, if any exist.

Feedback is very appreciated! Any input on how the levels play out, look, etc. would be helpful to make this set as good as it can be. I hope you enjoy!

Walls of CCLP3
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Hey Josh it's very nice to see you making levels again after youre JoshL7 set. Having played the first 10 levels, I am having lots of fun with them.

1. Interesting and not too straightforward level as the first one. At first I was stumped at the trap section with the glider but it was a dumb oversight. Still a fun level.

2. Easy and nice blue level.

3. Pretty simple bomb maze type of level. I read the hint too and that teleport was kind of mean.

4. Very interesting title and easy green lock maze. If this were to be a 149 set it should be in the 63 slot or 114 for a JoshL2 reference.

5. Fun key lock type of level and nice blue aesthetic. I think the title Medallion is more of a yellow type thing but blue is still fine.

6. Really liked this level and the puzzle at the end was awesome. The chip collecting part is sort of nerve wracking but not too bad

7. Very interesting twist to a teeth chasing while chip collecting level. With me being a huge Super Mario fan, this feels like I am jumping into bunch of invisible blocks.

8. Fun puzzle sections rolled into one level.

9. This level is a LOT LOT easier than Color Wheel. Luckily, I didn't FRET about this level though.

10. Intuitive "Wrong Exit" type of level. Would be a hard 1st level if you were to release a CCLP3 wall order though.
Here's part 2 (11-20)

11. Great level. Felt a little bit like "Clay Tunnel" and I wish there were more levels featuring recessed wall and block puzzles.

12. Somewhat easy level, thankfully the pink balls weren't too chaotic. Also felt a little of Jeffrey's "Deflection Field".

13. Easier and better than Wireframe. Both were good levels but I like this one more.

14. Simple chip collecting level.

15. Fun clone disruption type of level.

16. Pretty fun level. Don't know what that recessed wall on (5,9) is for since I didn't need to use it.

17. Fun puzzles rolled into one level. The tank section is a bit easier in MS due to tank rule differences in rulesets. That sokoban at the bottom is legit.

18. Really fun water maze chip collecting level with thieves. I like this more than Blue Moon, I am not too big of a fan on ice mazes.

19. The "zippers" make the corridors amazing along with the intuitive puzzles. Thought I severely busted it at first since I didn't need the three blocks along with an unused pair of flippers and suction boots. I know that on the Discord chat a thief was forgotten to be put there, so I go back and play the level the intended way. Still, a great level.

20. Gloomy level is gloomy. Not only that it's asymmetrical! (Toadman reference)
Here's part 3 (21-30)

21. Really entertaining level, I enjoyed this one.

22. Extremely brilliant puzzle, this is the first level so far that stumped me quite a bit. Had to think outside the box on this one.

23. Yet another yet another simple chip collecting level with an awesome aesthetic maze.

24. Awesome level and a whole lot better than the original Blue Blocks in my opinion.

25. Despite the title, this level is somewhat nerve wracking. The paramecia seem to stabilize but the walkers mess it up and this set seems to introduce monster patterns with both random and non-random elements. Okay level.

26. Despite the title, I don't see that much difference between this one and the original Whitepoint from JoshL5. Both are equally fun and simple.

27. A little like "Blurry" except this one is a little more difficult, but not too much due to the wide open space.

28. Creative glider themed level. Whole lot better than YAYAP. YAYAP was a great puzzle but that block slide at the end killed it.

29. Level that is somewhat easier than it looks with the sokobans. I did beat both the right and left side though.

30. Okay chip collecting level with teleports.
Thank you for your feedback, mmoraleta.

Even though I said I wasn't going to release updates to this set, I've decided to anyway since I'm taking a short break from designing new levels here. These updates include...

Technicolor Theatre: re-fixed the blue lock/walker maze corner in MS.

Magnetic Workout: thief tile placed after first flipper to prevent bust towards the end of the level.

Digitized Disaster: adjusted aesthetics to prevent getting trapped in the teleports upon exiting.

The Internal 3D Dungeon: fixed sardine can room to be possible

It's unfortunately worth mentioning that The Internal 3D Dungeon was updated twice since I'm dumb and can't make my own difficult sardine cans. So to ensure your copy is the correct, the sardine can room in the NW should have a socket near the red button.
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Just finished all 40 levels. This is a great start for the future of WOCCLP3. Many many enjoyable levels and great puzzles.

Part 4 (31-40)

31. I find this level to be equally amazing as the original "Mini Challenges"

32. I enjoyed this level a lot and that sokoban with the FF's is legit.

33. Interesting aesthetic with the toggle walls and teleports. This level is better than the original.

34. Very nice to break the trend once in a while with the "my friend" with a tooth.

35. Very cool puzzle and blowing up the bombs are satisfying. Heck, bombs are a beautiful thing.

36. I got lucky and solved this on my first try without skipping any rooms. Despite, the challenging dodges I prefer this one over which one next. That level is pretty tedious and just downright boring.

37. Awesome level, especially with that ice slide with chips.

38. Well crafted level, especially that fire boot puzzle.

39. Confusing level at first but turned out to be very fun. I was able to have several blocks left over in the water room.

40. Said it before, I enjoy block puzzles and this one was a blast.

Well, that's all the levels completed (so far), this set is at a great start and keep up the good work. As said before creating 149 levels is quite a tall order but just in case that this set isn't going 149 levels that's okay. What matters is that the players have fun and use their brain. Also, for the most part I believe that this Walls Of series improve the original level. YAYAP was a great example (that blockslide!). But anyway, very fun levels and hope to see more soon!Slight smile
This is definitely going to 149 levels Wink thank you for your feedback again! Glad you have enjoyed these so far Slight smile

My goal with this set isn't to make improvements of the original levels that use these walls, but instead the challenge of using them to make something different than the original did. That's what makes Walls Of levels so much fun to make!

Quote:15 hours ago, mmoraleta said:

this set seems to introduce monster patterns with both random and non-random elements.

Partially true! This was done in Gloomy Minute Village only because I didn't have anything else interesting in mind to do with those walls, but I find it very fun to try new things out that players would most likely hate right off the bat but present them in small doses (see: Blurry/Blind). Spectral Blood Rave is more revisiting the concept I've done in one of my reject levels than anything else.
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Quote:On 5/14/2018 at 3:40 PM, mmoraleta said:

20. Gloomy level is gloomy. Not only that it's asymmetrical! (Toadman reference)

Oh brother.

I only used that word to describe a level, just once.

And I didn't notice the whole map at the time.
MY WEAPON SUCKS!
A new version of WoCCLP3 has been released! This release features 25 new levels as 41-65 and are arranged in somewhat of a difficulty curve themselves. Some further updates to some previously released levels are also available in this release.

Walls of CCLP3

Enjoy!
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

This looks good so far. I think it will turn out to be an awesome set to play when it's all finished.

I was playing a little bit of the "demo version" (or whatever you want to call it) and I managed to find a bust in Exit Exaggeration. Apparently with perfect timing, you can guide the tooth monster into the bomb at the beginning and exit. If you choose not to go there, you can use the flippers provided to exit in the NW room under the same circumstances.
My Levelset: TomB1.dat (95 levels, Version 1.3.3, Last updated May 8th, 2021)

YouTube l Twitter l Twitch l Instagram l Discord