CCLP4 Leaks
My guess is that Eric Schmidt is designer #42 and thus has a level in every CCLP.

(Though I can't help but think there's more to this video.)
Quote:On 6/12/2017 at 5:09 PM, rubenspaans said:

My guess is that Eric Schmidt is designer #42 and thus has a level in every CCLP.

Congratulations! Both to rubenspaans for figuring this out, and to Eric Schmidt for having the only ongoing perfect CCLP streak!

I'll go over the clues in the video below:
  • The keys represent the number of designers represented in each CCLP: red for CCLP2
    , yellow for CCLP3
    , green for CCLP1
    , and finally blue for CCLP4
    . The quantities for the first 3 of those were already known, so you could infer that the 21 blue keys represent the 21 designers in CCLP4.

• Even if you didn't make the keys-to-designers connection immediately, there are some hints that the different key colors have to do with CCLP2, CCLP3, CCLP1, and CCLP4 in order. First is the fact that we already knew the first three but not the last. Second is the number of monsters Chip must dodge before entering each corridor of keys--2, 3, 1, and 4, in that order. And finally, pay attention to the force floors. This is a bit trickier; anyone know what they represent? It's not necessary to solve the clue, but could help, and confirms something you technically don't know yet but could probably guess.

• Also, to make the "keys=designers" connection more obvious, the level is titled "Monument". What is a monument? Usually a structure or symbol used to honor or thank a person or group of people. In this case, it thanks CCLP contributors, for making such delightful and creative levels to play, and for allowing us to compile them into a set for everyone to enjoy.

• Now moving onto the "monument" itself, i.e., the tower of locks. As rubenspaans theorized, each row represents a designer, and each column represents a CCLP. With keys representing designers in a specific CCLP, it only makes sense that an unlocked door in a given row and column means the designer in that row got a level into the CCLP in that column.

• Further, you'll notice that there were only 2 rows with all 3 of the first doors open, which matches a fact we got from the CCLP1 leaks--that two designers who each had levels in CCLP2 and CCLP3 would have a level in CCLP1. (Those designers were Mike Lask and Eric Schmidt, which became public knowledge upon CCLP1's release.) And this was visible during the part the hint said "you already knew".

• Then, the tanks and bombs. The fact that only one tank makes it through indicates that only one designer has a perfect streak. Sadly, one of the two ongoing perfect streaks broke....

• The specific numbers of the rows aren't important; we just added the numbers so it would be easier to count how many doors Chip was unlocking and where. It was a (neat) coincidence, based on the way we grouped rows by CCLP representation, that the 42nd row was the one with the perfect streak. However, the total number 71 is important; that's the number of distinct credited designers among all 4 sets (including "CCLP3 Staff" so as not to throw off the count for anyone referring to the wiki).

• After all that, there's the final room, offering congratulations to the designer with the perfect streak. Note the constant "e" (2.71828...) repeated all over the floor, and the question, "What are these?" The answer to the question is, "e's", which points to E.S., or Eric Schmidt, being the sole remaining perfect-streak designer!

Some other things you can note from the monument:

There are 5 new CCLP contributors in CCLP4, and the remaining 16 have levels in a previous community pack. (rubenspaans pointed this out in his post.)

3 designers missed CCLP2 but have an active streak of 3 packs: CCLP3-CCLP1-CCLP4,

and 3 are coming back after having a level in CCLP3 but missing CCLP1.

The rest of the designers in CCLP4 had a level in CCLP1 but no other pack.

Interestingly, while some designers had a level in CCLP3, missed CCLP1, and came back for CCLP4 (which is awesome), not a single CCLP2 designer has ever come back after missing a pack.

Anyway, thank you for your efforts in solving this clue, and look for another clue to appear here sometime soon, most likely by the end of the week!
Quote:Congratulations! Both to rubenspaans for figuring this out, and to Eric Schmidt for having the only ongoing perfect CCLP streak!

Thanks much!

After I made my previous post, I worked on the problem more and realized what it meant. Since I already knew I was included (and so had an advantage in solving the problem), and I wasn't supposed to tell anyone, I waited until someone else solved it (and it was confirmed) before saying anything.

Extra tidbit no one has mentioned yet: The time limit for the level is 596 = 149 * 4.
OFFICIAL DISPATCH to All BIT BUSTERS Concerning REMODELED Levels

Having made challenges for many years, the Bit Busters have designed hundreds and hundreds of distinct floor plans for the levels of the clubhouse. With so many existing layouts at their disposal, however, some designers have experimented with reusing them. Now I know that to some of you, recycling a plan might seem like cheating. However, let me assure you, producing a new challenge from an old one is both difficult and very fun! As such, the Bit Buster leadership has agreed to encourage this behavior, and has even held a few design contests around the concept.

For those of you who haven't tried yet, the process of reusing a floor plan is simple. First, pick a level with an interesting configuration of walls. Take out all the other objects jumbled up between them, leaving just bare floor. Then fill it up however you like! Squeezing your ideas into the space allotted by the walls is tough without tearing them apart. Mental marvels like me find it difficult at times, even! But in the end, you'll often find that a shiny new set of mazes, electronic gizmos, and puzzles is much more fun to play with than a smelly, decrepit lab infested with dangerous monsters.

Remodeled floors often play so differently from the original that visitors mistake them for brand-new ones. For example, a cavernous level decorated in sapphire might look completely different after introducing the ruby of fire. You'd swear the chambers themselves had been twisted, but no; each and every wall was left in place. Usually, that is. Occasionally a designer will make adjustments to a wall here or there while leaving the essence of the floor plan the same. The upcoming rendition of the clubhouse's official challenge (known as "CCLP4") reuses some older floor plans exactly, and a few others with minor alterations.

Additionally, you should be aware of the financial benefit of remodeling. Leaving some of the walls in place, as opposed to knocking them all down and building them elsewhere, saved us quite a bit of time and money on this iteration of the official challenge! The only issue is that sometimes the remodeled floors of the clubhouse become too hard or too easy compared to their neighbors. Fortunately, Bram, a brilliant transfer student who joined us last year, saw this issue and invented an easy way to shift the levels around.

Using a powerful anti-gravity beam emitter, he slides out the floors that need to be swapped, like drawers from a dresser. He carefully raises each to its proper height, then inserts it into the clubhouse from the side. (You may have seen him demonstrate a prototype of this beam on his pet hamster. Damage to the clubhouse is minimized due to the modular nature of the floors which were built with easy swapping in mind.) It's admittedly disconcerting for passerby in the nearby plaza to see slabs of concrete floating hundreds of feet in the air, but the Bit Busters are careful to keep the floors suspended above fenced-off clubhouse property where people aren't allowed to walk. This sort of transfer turned out to be necessary all but twice in the latest official clubhouse iteration.

You might be wondering, which old levels were remodeled for CCLP4? If you read this briefing very carefully, and know your Bit Buster history back to front, you should already know all but one of them upon reading to this point. (And no, "Clubhouse" isn't one of them.) In any case, the CCLP4 staff and I are full of wishes that you'd do well on this search. Let us know what you manage to find!

Reminiscently,

Melinda
Thanks Melinda for the hints!

In the first paragraph, the last letters of each of the four lines that my screen splits into are e, u, s, t (from the words clubhouse, you, As, concept). Obviously since Melinda is talking but there is a change of perspective from the point of the reader, the letter "U" can be changed to an "I" and still mean the same thing. Combining these letters with the first letter of the paragraph, H, we discover a leak: Heist
, the first level from Yodel.
I couldn't find a level named HBBWNIHABB, which was hinted at by the capital letters of this paragraph.

I'll leave the similar hints in the other paragraphs for others to find.
Yeah, like we all have the same screen resolution. Are these clues formulated for only certain people to figure out and leave the rest of us in the dark? I can't even make sense of their logic sometimes! Slight frownRaised eyebrowFlushed

Edit: I would come up with something like "Escape the Hamster Tubes" from the Gazebo set.
Quote:In the first paragraph, the last letters of each of the four lines that my screen splits into are e, u, s, t (from the words clubhouse, you, As, concept). Obviously since Melinda is talking but there is a change of perspective from the point of the reader, the letter "U" can be changed to an "I" and still mean the same thing. Combining these letters with the first letter of the paragraph, H, we discover a leak: Heist, the first level from Yodel.

I couldn't find a level named HBBWNIHABB, which was hinted at by the capital letters of this paragraph.
(this post reminds me of the "half life 3 confirmed" memes that exist where completely unrelated things and arbitrary calculations result in 3)
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter
Quote:However, let me assure you, producing a new challenge from an old one is both difficult and very fun!
Mental Marvel Monastery uses the walls of Producing.

I'll be back with more speculation later.
Fortunately, Bram....

Could it be a level like Fortune Favors the...?

Or.. Bram Stoker wrote Dracula, so could it be "Monstrous Whimsy" or "The Haunted Blocks"?
I might as well list of few as no one else has...

Monster Lab - Seven Layer Salad

Twisted Chambers - Tropical Hibiscus

Jumble - Fire is my Enemy

Floating Plaza - (I don't recall seeing a level using these walls though)

Sapphire Cavern is probably the one that we wouldn't know.