May 2017 Create Competition - Simply A-Maze-Ing
So, hopefully the end of CCLP4 voting hasn't burned you all out! While going through the levels, I noticed that there were multiple different kinds of fun- levels that were fun to play, fun to solve, or both. Many of the best levels scratch both itches at the same time, and this is reflected in Create results. I didn't really realize this formally, however, until Walls of CCLP1, where my simpler level just couldn't go farther due to being simple to solve. I love this sort of level and I think it's underappreciated, so now it's time to focus on it!

Your task is to make a maze level. There can be other features to the level- itemswapping, puzzles, dodging and so on, but the focus of the level should be on the maze aspect. You may make your level in either CC1 or CC2, with neither being the dominant or preferred method of entry. Be creative, and make sure it's a fun experience to play!

Notes (as usual, shamelessly cribbed from Miika):

-Submissions are open through June 3rd where you live!

-The level must have the main theme of a maze. Additional sections are fine and may even add to the level if used carefully, but I want a maze!
-The level must be solvable, but does not need to work in both MS and Lynx.

-You may submit more than one entry, but please keep the levels distinct from each other. Your best two entries is recommended.
-Points may be deducted for late entries, but will be accepted until I judge the levels.

-Entrants receive the normal prizes: the "You're Winner!"-award, Chip Cup points, and "Tool Box"-award for first time entrants.
-Please ask about other unclear situations.

Email and attach your submissions to jbardonjr at charter dot net. I will strive to reply with a confirmation that I have received your entry. I prefer if you use your username and this competition in the subject. Keep it short and simple, something like: "May Create - Tyler"
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter
I have one maze level made already Thumbs up trying to get another made as I type this.

It's nice to have a simple create competition again, thanks in advance for hosting this!
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
[Image: dyFHudy.jpg]
Just a reminder that this competition is open for another 2-3 days and I will be streaming my first impressions (and the judging process) for all submitted levels once the competition closes!

Get your labyrinths in while you still can!
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

IHNN1 | IHNN2

Submissions are (un)officially closed! After I get something to eat (and do a couple other things, so about 2 hours from this post), I'll be streaming here so you can watch me get lost in a bunch of mazes- I'll still accept any levels received before I start the stream, but once it's up that's it.

IHNN1 | IHNN2

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/149583259

While I arrange the results in a finalized format and prepare the files for upload, here's the judging stream!

IHNN1 | IHNN2

Download the levels in question so you can play them yourself!
http://cczone.invisionzone.com/index.php?/files/file/624-may-2017-create-entries-simply-amaze-ing/

With that out of the way, onto the results!

[Click to Show Content]

[Click to Show Content]

[Click to Show Content]

[Click to Show Content]

[Click to Show Content]

[Click to Show Content]

[Click to Show Content]

And now for some brief comments on what I liked.
Hot Buttons (AN ACTUAL MAZE where 3 button presses allowed, 2 required. Basically ghetto Repair the Maze combined with Chip Be Steady)
In Low Water (thief+bribe maze where the dirt boots become extra at the end, a gotcha moment done right))Tori (screenwrap maze, really nicely done with a 5x5 introduction, a 7x7 with one wrap, and then a 9x9 to finish. Perfect scaling on the difficulty- basically Ryan's Continuum without the long ice slides as allowed by CC2)
Ice Maiden (small, confusing ice maze split across screen lines with a surprising way to reach the exit.)

[Click to Show Content]

[Click to Show Content]

So, here's the points breakdown.

[Click to Show Content]

Thanks to all the entrants! I think that mixing CC1 and CC2 worked well here and hope future competitions continue attempting this. We need more CC2 levels!

IHNN1 | IHNN2

I can safely say I was not expecting my entry to get 2nd place, but I'm more than happy with it. That 1st place level deserved the win Thumbs up

Regarding my level - the only reason I didn't include more loops in it was simply just to keep it as a true maze aka have dead ends and include the "lost" factor. Being a create competition looking for mazes, I wanted to at least have a level that stayed as true as possible to how good mazes should be Slight smile
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Yeah, I sent eight entries to make sure to have really easy levels which you cant cook, pure mazes as well as levels with some itemswapping or puzzle elements Slight smile

[Click to Show Content]
Quote:There can be other features to the level- itemswapping, puzzles, dodging and so on, but the focus of the level should be on the maze aspect

...make sure it's a fun experience to play!

Additional sections are fine and may even add to the level if used carefully, but I want a maze!
Come Together and Stop the Clock definitely crossed the line from maze to puzzle in a mazelike space, and certain other elements of these levels weren't fun for me.

I'm just to to quotestrip inside the spoiler...

Quote:

<div class="ipsSpoiler" data-ipsspoiler>
[Click to Show Content]
I hope that explains what my issues were with those levels better.

IHNN1 | IHNN2