March 2017 Time Trial + Mini Time Trial
As it's the last month of CCLP4 voting, the levels this month aren't very heavy to optimize.

http://cczone.invisionzone.com/index.php?/files/file/612-%7B?%7D/

Enjoy!

-Miika

EDIT: A new Mini Time Trial is announced a few posts down in this thread!

Technicalities and details:

[Click to Show Content]
Can't say I'm surprised who designed these levels. Tongue I'd like to design some levels for time trial competitions sometime.

Usually not a participant in these sort of comps but since they aren't terribly hard to get a decent time on and I'm going through CCLP3 time improvements as we speak anyway, I'll give them a shot (already kinda did actually).
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Cool, Josh! On both accounts!

At the beginning of the year I was spoiled by having a bunch of TT levels ready to go for the competitions. I still have like five, but IHNN wished that his would be used soon so he can release them in his own set without too much delay. New ones are always welcome, and fresh blood in the gears (as the Finnish saying goes) has proven to give us some variety in these things. Slight smile
Quote:As it's the last month of CCLP4 voting, the levels this month aren't very heavy to optimize.
By the way, CCLP4 voting ends at the end of next month, not this month. Slight smile
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Quote:By the way, CCLP4 voting ends at the end of next month, not this month. Slight smile
So you're saying I have an extra month! YAY!
A new March 2017 Mini Time Trial is starting!

The level is 'Choice Tools
', also by Ihavenoname248, and you can find it in either of these two sets:

http://cczone.invisionzone.com/index.php?/files/file/583-%7B?%7D/

http://cczone.invisionzone.com/index.php?/files/file/616-%7B?%7D/

I see a few different reasons to hold these Mini TTs, and this level fits the bill in more than one way. It's a custom level that might not otherwise be optimized. It looks like it's not too difficult to optimize, while still possibly being complex enough that one person might not find the optimal solution alone. It doesn't take too long to exhaust one of the possible ways to attack it and post your score here. It has some characteristic that might not make it a perfect fit for a normal TT (which this time is just that it's not an exciting level to work on for a month, but maybe for a day). It is not too long or complex to just solve so anyone can join without too much hassle!

In addition to what the levels look like in a Mini TT, I like that these competitions are short and allow for several people to work on the same level at the same time. Just post your score below (you don't need to send in your solution!) and we'll see who first finds a quickest solution! Considering the level this time, I think you can also post which tools you used (though maybe hide these under a spoiler tag if someone else doesn't want to see it). I'm posting this on Monday, so let's keep this one open through Sunday (the 26th).

Additionally, I'm not sure how many Chip Cup points playing in this will be worth, but I'm sure we can throw something at the people who want to join in! Slight smile

-Miika
Post the score for the mini TT level here? Alright!

I got a 365. It might be improvable, but I'm pretty sure I have the optimal route for my selections... now I wait for J.B. to claim 367 Tongue
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter
I wouldn't mind knowing all the best times with any of the twenty combinations so I started with something that is a bit slower... 347. Slight smile

[Click to Show Content]

And in Lynx the same route earns 345.
347 (Lynx) using

[Click to Show Content]

(first try just to report something, can be improved)
I tried a couple of combinations in Lynx

[Click to Show Content]

[Click to Show Content]

351 (improved from 347)

[Click to Show Content]

[Click to Show Content]

[Click to Show Content]