Voltage Pack - Discussion
This is the official discussion thread for CCLP4 voting's Voltage Pack. Feel free to share your thoughts, opinions, and comments on the levels here!
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
  • #45 (Monorail): Nice level. Partially busted in Lynx: The red door near the tanks doesn't need to be opened (hit the tank button mid-move), and so the toggle/trap puzzle can be completely bypassed.
  • #43 (15.2 B - Pentomino Lake): Are the flippers really supposed to be there?? Also, block splashing in Lynx makes finding an optimal route harder.

- Madhav.
Quote:
  • #43 (15.2 B - Pentomino Lake): Are the flippers really supposed to be there?? Also, block splashing in Lynx makes finding an optimal route harder.
Yes, it was a Time Trial level and not having them would have made the level too long for this purpose. It took me about five minutes without the flippers instead of the two provided. Would it be better for CCLP4 without them? Hmm, I think the change would appeal to a wider audience than the current version, and perhaps some of the extra teleports (and blocks with sockets) could be (re)moved out of the way.

The other thing you mention is positive feedback, isn't it? Slight smile
I was able to solve the level without the flippers within the allotted 2 minutes. (in MS- splash delay would have prevented me from doing so in Lynx)
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter
Quote:Yes, it was a Time Trial level and not having them would have made the level too long for this purpose. It took me about five minutes without the flippers instead of the two provided. Would it be better for CCLP4 without them?

I think with that level having flippers makes the level a lot more fun, especially with the somewhat tight time limit. I would not suggest removing the flippers. Slight smile
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

With the flippers, I don't get the point of the teleports and adjacent blocks. I think it has little replay value for casual players and optimizers alike.

With the flippers removed, things naturally become much more interesting.

In either case, the block splashing in Lynx is an interesting addition, but does make the level somewhat "unequal" between the modes.

- Madhav.
Quote:In either case, the block splashing in Lynx is an interesting addition, but does make the level somewhat "unequal" between the modes.
I wouldn't say it's unequal. It's essentially like How I Learned to Stop Bombing and Love the Worry from the Ravioli Pack - in that, multiple blocks could be pushed at once to deduce the splash delay.

I don't know the teleports are pretty pointless but I think without the use of flippers the level just becomes tedious and nothing interesting.
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

The extra teleports could go if the level would be in CCLP4. They are a nod to a similar TT level that collected chips and had some ice on the edges on the way to the exit, but add very little of anything else to this level. (Not including the four that allow starting the level from any of the corners.)

The flippers were better in the TT version, but I think it would appeal to more players of CCLP4 without them. If there were monsters to dodge or something similar, then it would be different, but as it is, there is really no fear of failure. The time limit should take this into account.

As for being unequal between modes, I realize you guys try to concentrate on this in CCLP3, but I would almost argue for the exact opposite. I play both modes and enjoy it when similar looking areas feel different in some way. I would love to see more levels that made use of this, perhaps even with completely different rooms for whichever mode you were playing. Having said that, here the splash delay is a a minor difference and also it can't be avoided.

In case you haven't seen it, there's a four second difference between MS and Lynx in the submitted TT solutions (Lynx starts at 2:43):