Elephant Pack - Discussion
Level 46 (350 Degrees Fahrenheit) appears to be busted: the 6 chips in the lower left of the force floor/water area can be accessed via (12,21) after picking up the fire boots, no block pushing (or opening the blue/red locks in the blue wall maze) is needed.
Quote:Level 46 (350 Degrees Fahrenheit) appears to be busted: the 6 chips in the lower left of the force floor/water area can be accessed via (12,21) after picking up the fire boots, no block pushing (or opening the blue/red locks in the blue wall maze) is needed.

As the designer of this level, I'll say that wasn't intended but I wouldn't call this a bust since there are no other red or blue locks beyond that point in the level. Consider this an alternate (easier?) solution. I haven't tried it myself.
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
  • #20 (The Poison That Flows Through Me): Good level. The bugs around the toggle wall can get messy to dispose of - a minor blemish in an otherwise clean level.
  • #36 (Chip Leak Watermelon): Upvoted just for the feel of it, though I haven't yet solved it nor even spent much time on it. With so many levels to play and not a lot of playing time on my hands, I'm generally not going back to levels that I've skipped. I figure I'll play this one in CCLP4 directly. Wink
- Madhav.
Unwanted Guest (#4): I had to replay this level a few times, as I can never remember what my thoughts were on it. And I have to say, I kept underestimating it. At first, it seems to be a 'rush' level where mistakes will force a restart. But then you realize that doesn't work out and try to look for different approaches- the low time limit helps by making it seem like there's only one method. The teleport and buttons end up working very nicely as well. 45 seconds is low, but the level can be done in ~20. I can't completely quantify why I like this level.

No Green Key (#14): Simple in concept, but quite fun. I especially like the symmetry used here and the ability to manually set the toggle and tank cycles.

Escaping Nowhere (#19): SE thin walls are the only multi-thin walls in CC1, and stacking them in a grid like this has a lovely aesthetic to it. However, that's really all the level has going for it- I enjoyed it, but there's a lot of wandering around through winding pathways. I wouldn't mind seeing it in CCLP4 as a 60-90 breather level, but I think there's probably stronger picks for both itemswappers and this sort of aesthetic. (Still comes to mind)

Totally Inappropriate (#22): So, it's a medley level of concepts from its source set. (Bowman? KTNUSA2) There are some really neat rooms (the glider room especially) but the tank and walker sections really just aren't fun to play.

Typical Hollywood Christmas (#26): Ugh. Speaking of not fun to play. I'm really not sure how this is in the voting- I remember testing it to make sure it was solvable and it's just a chaotic mess. There's no safe places and you can get trapped and killed by collisions you couldn't even see beforehand. There's melee levels, and then there's memorize the safe route levels, and then there's this level where you try to find a route and then hope the walkers don't screw you over.

Chip Leak Watermelon (#36): Not a very strong pick from me. The solution is pretty much just follow a wall and zigzag around- I solved it on my first attempt without the map. There's just not very much going on here for a recessed wall level- Connect the Chips from CCLP1 looks like a burned chip tile which is neat and makes up for the lack of gameplay depth. So that leaves this level as a puzzle... which, well, it's not much of one.

Come to the Light (#37): I haven't replayed this level since I went through the CCLP1 voting packs. I didn't like it then, and looking at the map and remembering what the solution takes, I don't like it now. Similar to Unwanted Guest, I can't really completely put my finger on why I can't stand this level. Sorry Dave!

Death to Us All (#43): Everything has it's place. The neat part is how the 'excess' blocks are used for redirection and then dirt to deflect the pink balls at the end. It almost solves itself, slowly, but there's a few design elements I'm not huge on with ordering and such. Still a great level, but at least for me it's not quite exceptional. (If there were decimal ratings, this would be ~4.3 from me)

Favorite level: Variety Show (#29)

Least favorite: Typical Hollywood Christmas (#26)

Yes, I know that my favorite from the pack is one of mine. I just really like the flow of the level and the ball room at the start. This pack has a lot of very good levels- I expect to see 6 to 8 from it in the final set.
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter
Quote:Favorite level: Variety Show (#29)

Least favorite: Typical Hollywood Christmas (#26)

I guess I won't feel so bad to admit my favorite level from this pack is one of my own - Malachite Thumbs up Variety Show is honestly one of my least favorites, but Typical Hollywood Christmas is my definite least favorite.
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
(Short) Thoughts on the levels:

1 - This level was fun at first, but it doesn't really have much replay value. Doesn't really stand out from the others.

2 - Not a great level, but also not a bad one.

3 - I'm glad this concept didn't span the entire map. It's great as it is.

4 - It's nice to have a short level in the mix.

5 - Great theme, and it's a great challenge.

6 - This level has that replay value I value in a level. It's beautifully designed and a great play every time.

7 - Fun, and I like the mix of water and ice.

8 - Some clever puzzles here.

9 - I remember thinking this was going to be more difficult and being disappointed when it wasn't at all. That would've been the only thing to redeem this level.

10 - An amazing melee level with a focus on teeth. A great candidate for CCLP4.

11 - Very confusing, but that's what makes this level great.

12 - Somewhat dull and tedious without anything to redeem it.

13 - A nice break from the difficult sokobans in other packs. This level has some great variety that makes it fun.

14 - It's true that there is no green key, but that has absolutely no bearing on this level at all because none of the green locks are accessible. Other than that, this level is a fun itemswapper.

15 - Nice exploration level. Its simplicity makes it easy to navigate and difficult to cook, which is nice.

16 - This level has some nice puzzles and I like the way they're brought together with the center piece.

17 - I like that the different floors are brought together with the elevator, which is a great concept and a good candidate.

18 - The checkerboard seems kind of like an afterthought, but the other puzzles are simple and fun.

19 - Visually appealing, but not much else.

20 - Just an amazing level all around

21 - Fun and beautiful

22 - It might be totally inappropriate, but I enjoyed this level, even though the puzzles are nothing new. It's nice to see them together like this. Kind of a compilation level, which is always welcomed (at least to me).

23 - I appreciate the concept, but the level doesn't have any redeeming properties.

24 - Interesting maze. I love the design and the time limit is small enough to create a challenge.

25 - This is the type of concept that should not standalone. It is fine extending to the bottom, but there should be more surprises.

26 - One of the most difficult melee levels I've seen, but I like the challenge.

27 - Lots of little challenges that are fun to play. It is also fun to see which allow for a faster time. Good candidate for CCLP4.

28 - I like these backtracking levels, but this one is a bit too simplistic for me.

29 - The variety in this level is great and it's nice to know you can choose the order of paths without cooking the level.

30 - This level has just enough variety to be interesting.

31 - Nice puzzle that'll keep you on your toes.

32 - The lesser of the many free fall levels.

33 - Cool pathfinder level.

34 - A great mix of puzzles that is interesting and fun.

35 - This level is in no way pathetic. It is a work of art and it has a great mix of puzzles that flow well together.

36 - I don't at all get the title, but I enjoyed the level the first time I played it. I lacked the motivation to play it afterwards, but I would if I had to.

37 - This level reminds me of another, and that appeals to me. I also love the long sokoban.

38 - A short, simple, and fun level that could go at the start of CCLP4.

39 - Amazing concept executed so well. I would love to see this level in the set.

40 - Nice mix of challenges that are fun to play.

41 - Great thinking puzzle. Also a great candidate.

42 - Really nothing special.

43 - This level is challenging and a great level that covers monster manipulation.

44 - Simple yet fun.

45 - Great concept that I would definitely play again.

46 - Beautiful array of puzzles.

47 - This level is alright.

48 - Challenging and somewhat convoluted, but fun and rewarding to complete.

49 - Interesting four corners level that doesn't really have anything that makes it special.

50 - This level is really nothing special.
Queen