CCLP1 Early Release Opportunity
nooooo Slight frown

i wanted to wait another week : (
ZK1 / ZK2 / ZK3 / ZK3: Abandoned / ZK4 / ZK5

Bronze / Silver / Gold
Thank you very much, Michael! This means I'll actually get to play CCLP1 when it's released, since on April 4 I was going to be heading out of town. Slight smile

JB, it must have been fun for you to watch all of us frantically run in circles around the solution and trip over random coincidences everywhere before Michael finally nailed it! Tongue It was enjoyable though, kept me busy during the evenings.

One question though: So far the bold time for this level is 949 out of ---. The highest reported time for Blobdance is 949 out of ---, by...............JB. Did you do that on purpose? Wink
Quote:nooooo Slight frown

i wanted to wait another week : (
You don't have to play it the day it is released. Just wait one week.
CC is awesome!

CC2 sets (still being updated): C1059-CC2 --- Walls of CC2

CC1 sets (all complete): C1059-2 --- C1059-1 --- 1059PG01 --- C1059-Christmas --- C1059-INSANITY --- C1059-CCLP4

My Youtube channel --- Fiver's Honeycomb --- Fanfiction.net

Good posts don't cost too much, yet many go unwritten.
Quote:You don't have to play it the day it is released. Just wait one week.
This.

I wanted it released a week earlier because it makes the scheduling for the race I have planned work out much better-I get to play it the day after it's released, blind, then jump in the optimization without having to wait until a specific event has passed.
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter
If this is really happening, it is very upsetting for me at least. It's not got to do with how my weekends look, but the release date was announced and people have made plans around it. Personally, this is very disappointing and do not think it fair for the score board. Just now I was gone for a week. What if I had been gone for a bit longer and missed the whole release? I do not understand the rush behind these decisions. Let's hope it all turns out well.
I don't really think this is that much of an issue. So far, the only people who were in favor of keeping the original release date were not optimizers, and the only optimizer who has responded since the release date change was happy about it. On top of that, most people who seriously optimize invest a lot of time in doing so and probably won't have a terribly difficult time adjusting their schedule or finding time to start working on CCLP1 on release day, if any at all. And if anyone who optimizes is unavoidably busy on March 28, then it would be no different than if they were unavoidably busy on April 4 when we announced that date.

(And I still intend on participating in the March Create and Time Trial competitions, by the way, so this doesn't change that - at least for me. Slight smile)
Quote:This.

I wanted it released a week earlier because it makes the scheduling for the race I have planned work out much better-I get to play it the day after it's released, blind, then jump in the optimization without having to wait until a specific event has passed.

Wait, when were you planning on doing this race? I'd love to join in on it. I wouldn't be doing it completely blind though, since I'm technically on the CCLP1 staff (though I've been absent for a while), however, I still beaten/played all the levels. But if you wanted it just between you and your friends, or just for people who have never played it, that's fine.
<p>Proud owner of absolutely no untied bolds.
March 29th, 3 PM EST.

Though technically no one can stop anyone here from joining if they want to, it was sort of meant for people who hadn't played any of the levels yet (I may have played a couple from their native sets, but either way I haven't actually looked in any of the voting packs). It could be interesting having a sort of baseline time from someone who has played through already, though, so I guess if you're interested you could, even though it's specifically being called a blind race Tongue
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter
JB, I wasn't just thinking of the optimizing side, but rather the principle. It's not fun to go to a train station and realize the train has left half an hour early. By comparison, being late is different. I guess you guys have now kind of promised it so it is happening. I guess we can live with it. I've calmed down from my initial reaction Slight smile

IHNN, I can report my solving total time to you for comparison, though I have played all the levels.
I can totally understand how you feel, but often in the past, crowds have reacted with strong (often uncontrollable) enthusiasm to giant game developers releasing their games one or two days early. I'd say I'm in the same boat, although I could easily have waited another week because I have plenty of other exciting stuff happening in the meantime (though not as exciting as CCLP1!).