CCLP1 Speculation
Quote:There were never goalposts. He's making a new point, and there's nothing wrong with that (though maybe we should switch to another thread).

Well from what I mostly read, all mobius did was brought severe negativity and completely changed the topic. Honestly, if you (as in mobius) hate CC for some random reason (since you didn't clearly state why you randomly started to hate it) and don't want to play or anything to do with CCLP1 then keep it to yourself. Seriously. An open friendly community like this shouldn't have to put up with closed-minded negative people like that.

And just for the record since a bunch of negativity was already brought here I might as well say that Chuck's Challenge is a far worse game than CC. I also don't support the idea of having a checkpoint system and I second everything J.B. has said in his argument towards that.
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
tl;dr checkpoint system sucks, traditional cc plz
ZK1 / ZK2 / ZK3 / ZK3: Abandoned / ZK4 / ZK5

Bronze / Silver / Gold
Before i respond to anything in particular, i want to bring this back to what it was really about:

Quote:why can't it happen and what does the ice block patch have to do with it?
I don't care if it's "not suitable for scoring" or whatever, I'd use it and throw away the old tileworld forever.
The majority of levels I voted down during voting were those that could've been tons of fun but I simply got tired of repeating the same process over and over again.
Quote:Then CC isn't the game for you. Try Chuck's Challenge instead.

I took this to mean that "repeating the same process over and over again" is not a good reason to vote down a level because it shouldn't be an issue if you enjoy CC; otherwise it "isn't the game for you." However, I think that (and i imagine J.B. does too) it's the level designer who is at fault for not taking into account the restrictions and limitations of CC, rather than the player for disliking the fact (s)he has to restart the whole level after every attempt. This was the point i was trying to make.

This philosophical debate on whether adding checkpoints changes the game is not one i meant to argue. I say it all depends where you draw the line, and my line happens to not match J.B.'s.

That being said:

Quote:Then it's not Chip's Challenge anymore. It's an entirely different game.

Tetris is an entirely different game. I do not agree with your use of the word "entirely".
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
Quote:Tetris is an entirely different game. I do not agree with your use of the word "entirely".

Tetris isn't CC so I don't see where your going with that statement.
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Let's put it this way: CCLP1 is/was designed with the original MS and Lynx rulesets in mind. While checkpoints may be considered by many to be a modded or updated version of Chip's Challenge, it would undermine the goal that we are going for with CCLP1; as J.B. mentioned it would be shifting the goalposts, after the ball has been kicked because all of the levels are currently finalized. If you want checkpoints maybe you should try to implement them with a source code mod to Tile World, as if you really want it I'm sure you can make it!
The thing I'm confused with the whole checkpoint system argument is why is being "demanded" for CCLP1? I would at least consider supporting it if it were argued for CCLP3. So with all due respect, a checkpoint system isn't really necessary at all for CCLP1, considering it's for people who'd rather play easier, friendlier levels!
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

I am against all checkpoints and everything. I am satisfied with the way CC is currently. The only thing I would support would be to modify Tile World so that it would a CC2 emulator. But Puzzle Studio is already attempting to do that.

And there is a hacked version of TW that displays the whole map:

http://www.microstupidity.com/tworld/
CC is awesome!

CC2 sets (still being updated): C1059-CC2 --- Walls of CC2

CC1 sets (all complete): C1059-2 --- C1059-1 --- 1059PG01 --- C1059-Christmas --- C1059-INSANITY --- C1059-CCLP4

My Youtube channel --- Fiver's Honeycomb --- Fanfiction.net

Good posts don't cost too much, yet many go unwritten.
I feel that if we are truly attempting to create CCLP1 as a legal rendition that is already intended to be in favor of the beginner play style, I feel that this checkpoint system or modification should not be integrated into Tile World as an update for the program, and let the play style of the current TW1/TW2 advance with CCLP1. If at all should there be a TW update, I would prefer an aesthetic or even possibly an audio change over any addition that turns the tide on how the game is played.
ZK1 / ZK2 / ZK3 / ZK3: Abandoned / ZK4 / ZK5

Bronze / Silver / Gold
Quote:If at all should there be a TW update, I would prefer an aesthetic or even possibly an audio change over any addition that turns the tide on how the game is played.
Like that skin mode that everyone mentioned many times?
CC is awesome!

CC2 sets (still being updated): C1059-CC2 --- Walls of CC2

CC1 sets (all complete): C1059-2 --- C1059-1 --- 1059PG01 --- C1059-Christmas --- C1059-INSANITY --- C1059-CCLP4

My Youtube channel --- Fiver's Honeycomb --- Fanfiction.net

Good posts don't cost too much, yet many go unwritten.
Quote:The thing I'm confused with the whole checkpoint system argument is why is being "demanded" for CCLP1?

I'm not entirely sure when that question entered the discussion, but i never requested for checkpoints to be considered for CCLP1. The CCLP1 staff already decided to not make full 32x32 maps or knowledge of certain glitches a requirement for reasonably solving any of CCLP1's levels (at least i assume that's the case), so even if checkpoints are added to Tile World, the staff can make a similar decision toward those.

-----

I speculate there will be no more CCLP1 speculations in this thread because everyone is too busy talking about checkpoints.
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam