January 2014 Create Competition - Simple Template
Happy New Year everyone! Let's kick-off this new Chip Cup!!

Your task is to download this <a class="bbc_url" href="https://cczone.invisionzone.com/index.php?/files/download/310-competition-suggestionccl">http://cczone.invisionzone.com/index.php?/files/download/310-competition-suggestionccl</a> and use it as a starting point to create a straight-forward level for a new chipster to play! The template provided was made by Syzygy and it only has floor and walls. In the spirit of having the voting for CCLP1 just close, the judging will be done by someone who has not played a tremendous amount of CC, so do not make the level overly complicated. If you wish, you might try to make it a kind of a Nuts and Bolts level that would fit right after some lesson levels.

[Image: gallery_19_2_2491.png]

Important!
You may not add any more normal walls or remove any of the existing walls. This shouldn't be a tough restriction considering all the other tiles you have available.

Notes:
-Submissions are open as long as it is January 2014 where you live!
-The level must be solvable, but does not need to work in both ms and lynx.
-The level must be new; it must not have been released earlier.
-Please give the level a name, time limit and set a password.

-You may submit more than one entry, but please keep the levels distinct from each other.
-Points will be deducted for late entries, but will be accepted until a notice is posted in this thread.
-You may write about 100 words describing your creation and the process of creating it.

-Entrants receive the normal prizes: the "You're Winner!"-award, Chip Cup points, and "Tool Box"-award for first time entrants.
-Please ask about other unclear situations.

Submissions will be judged in the beginning of February 2014. Email and attach your submissions to valeosote at hotmail dot com.

List your username and this competition in the subject. Keep it short and simple, something like: "January Create - James"

Everyone is welcome to join!

-Miika
What a great idea, Miika !

Ian Wilson
Quote:-The level must be new; it must not have been released earlier.

It would be rather extraordinary if an already existing level had that exact wall configuration. Slight smile
So we can't add walls as borders? I don't really like making levels without proper borders but I can always add other tiles to fill in that gap Slight smile
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Yeah, that bothers me too...I suppose I can make the border out of blue walls, though.
I guess it's ok to add borders using normal walls because some designers always do that, but please then fill in the whole border or none at all.

Eric, yes, you are right Tongue I copied part of the rules from before and didn't change that part.

Ian, it wasn't completely my idea, but thank you anyway. I was actually looking at your latest levels and thinking about how much work you must have put into them, and then hoped you might participate again in this competition. It's been two years since the last time Slight smile
Quote:You may not add any more normal walls or remove any of the existing walls.

Is it allowable to place blocks/creatures, or (in MS) other tiles on top of the existing walls?

Quote:... the judging will be done by someone who has not played a tremendous amount of CC

So the judging will be based purely on gameplay, and not on any shmart-ash approach to the level design? Wink

- Madhav.
I think I'll allow for layer shenanigans with the walls. Keep in mind though, that using crazy techniques in the level might confuse a novice player. As for judging based on game play, I believe that to be a very possible outcome, though the judge might take into account other aspects when making a tough call between levels. I'll see if I can find someone who is also willing to write out a bit of reasoning for the results. Slight smile

Keep the questions coming!

And your eyes open for a new Time Trial!!
sounds fun! I plan on joining Laughing

this will be a challenge since those walls aren't exactly cut out into even rooms. But I like this idea a lot.

Quote:Submissions will be judged in the beginning of February 2014. Email and attach your submissions to valeosote at hotmail dot com.List your username and this competition in the subject. Keep it short and simple, something like: "January Create - James"

a dumb question but: I assume when writing the email it is really <emailformat>? not with "at" and "dot" spelled out?
my CC2 sets: Mobi's Challenge (166 levels)
Walls of CCLP2 (V2) presently: ~50 levels

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakwin Rinzai

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man"
-'The Dude' Lebowski
Just sent in my entry Slight smile
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon