New TW Glitch?
I have discovered that pressing certain keys in Tile World 1 has some strange effects that can change the outcome of the level. After pressing any key to start the level, pressing the following keys will have these effects:

F2: decreases the "Chips Left" count by 1

F3: adds a red key to inventory

F4: adds a blue key to inventory

F5: adds a yellow key to inventory

F6: adds a green key to inventory

F7: adds skates to inventory

F8: adds suction boots to inventory

F9: adds fire boots to inventory

F10: adds fliipers to inventory

This could be a problem because it allows players to cheat, but this does not work in TW2.
when I used TW 1 (through CC Edit 2.0) this doesn't work; pressing the F keys makes chip oof in any direction (even if he could move in that direction) Raised eyebrow

/ does not work in Lynx at all, even the oofing, for me

-----

on a side note: I swear you used to be able to "view" the whole level while playing by holding down some key then pressing arrow keys. The 8x8 viewing grid would pan away from chip and look around the level. Am I crazy or is that possible in some version of TW?
my CC2 sets: Mobi's Challenge (166 levels)
Walls of CCLP2 (V2) presently: ~50 levels

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakwin Rinzai

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man"
-'The Dude' Lebowski
I used TW1 (with the ice block patch because that's what I had downloaded), and it did work. I'm surprised I haven't seen this before.
You should probably be playing CC2LP1.

Or go to the Chip's Challenge Wiki.
Nice Debug Mode nobody knew about lolz.
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
I always thought this might have been a function intended for developing the program and was kind of forgotten into some released versions of TW1. It is not mentioned in the documentation. Moving of the viewable window that mobius mentioned works when you press shift and the arrow keys while playing (not during replay). Viewing the whole map during replay would be much more useful for analyzing the level. The F-key cheats don't really help anything that you couldn't do out of an editor yourself.
Is this all for real? I never heard of these "cheats" before.
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
I remembered these too, but I just tried them now in TW1 with no luck... Maybe it was older, pre-v1.3 versions of TW1 that had it?
Mike L

My level sets:
MikeL2 - 200 levels, updated 1/22/2017
MikeL2-fix - Lynx compatible version of MikeL2
MikeL3 - 86 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - a best-of set with levels from MikeL2, MikeL4 or my now-hidden rejects set
MikeL4 - 27 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - home of any new post-2009 levels I make
MikeLrejects - 351 levels, updated 5/16/2013 - all my older/experimental/not as good levels
I have two versions of TW1: one regular, one with ice blocks. (The latter was downloaded from pieguy's site if I remember right.) This only works in the one with ice blocks.
They call me Earthling, for I come from Earth.

Earthling1.dat, my levelset.
So *that's* what this refers to.

Quote:2002 Jan 28: version 0.10.3

Added "Melinda" feature.

(http://www.muppetlabs.com/~breadbox/soft...gelog.html)
Update: The version of Tile World i have is the ice block version.

Also, i discovered that it cannot be used to cheat, because if any of these keys are pressed the game doesn't save the score. For example if you complete the level and advance to the next one, you'll see that if you go back to the previous level the "Best Score:" is missing.