ArchieP1
J.B. I think my 8 second solution to #90 was on the older version, that's why I included a disclaimer at the start of my post. I don't have a grasp on the long route at all.

Syzygy, we appreciate even "wrong" suggestions, since it creates discussion and still gives insight to the designer on which parts of levels are unclear. I appreciate your notion that I seem to be able to solve almost any level, but I assure you it does not feel like that to me, and even my occasional successes usually are accompanied by having spent an absurd amount of time on a level.

Archie, on #143 I also meant that I didn't see why the change would be needed in lynx if one understood the solution in ms. As for #134, it seems I was a bit confused myself. In ms, you get the skates, and then lose all your footware, and at the end you don't need either of the skates or the suction boots, but may get the the suction boots if you wish. In lynx this logic also applies, except you must get the suction boots. In addition, in lynx you can save the first pair of skates, because the block on the trap can be retrieved without the other block. (Just push the block down and go press the button after.) I guess this means the level is busted in lynx, though I first assumed all these solutions were intended and that none of them worked the same in both ms and lynx. That's what I was referring to, as I thought this level had clever yet different solutions between each rule set. I'm not sure how you could fix the bust, except maybe if you wanted the solutions to be different, you could make the suction boots only reachable if you had the skates, like with ice at [13,28].

I also wanted to take a closer look at #106 in lynx, as that has been mentioned in this thread already but I didn't get the feeling everyone understood what was going on exactly. In ms, the level is straightforward, as the tanks all point in one direction or the other every time. J.B, listed this level as unsolvable in lynx, as he probably experienced this room with the tanks pointing in different directions than originally, as can happen in lynx. (When some tanks are stopped against obstacles, and other tanks are moving between tiles, pressing the tank button only changes the direction of the stopped tanks.) I replied to this saying that the tanks can still be switched back in the desired directions using the available blocks. Archie then briefly commented that this can be done but there is a simpler way. Perhaps his method was to always wait for all the tanks to stop prior to pressing the tank button from the start of the level, which would guarantee the tanks to be facing the correct directions once you get to the final room. In any case I think the level is fine as is in both ms and lynx, and the difference in tank behavior is just inherent to the rules being used. It is somewhat of an unequalness, but I don't see why this notion should be used to disqualify all levels with tanks and easily accessible tank buttons.

If you find a way to make the timing in lynx easier on #133, that would be very welcome. Have you tried it yourself?

-Miika
I find it really odd that out of majority of the levelsets out there, this one tends to get the most feedback and review...
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
I just picked a set randomly from the yahoo group, and it happened to be this one. Begins with an A, so it was high up in the list.

Haven't played so many levels yet but So far I like it and there are some levels I'd really like to see in CCLP1! With a bit longer time limits for a newbie though...
Miika, I agree with you about the tanks. I misunderstood the unequality regarding #106, which is full of tanks. What I meant by "simpler solution" is by placing the two blocks in the final room on (23,6) and (24,9). I was not considering the case where the tanks switches position because the rule in Lynx.

For #133, I think the timing in MS and Lynx are about the same, except the tank area near the end. The intended solution requires you and the fireball to press the tank button at the same time. It's obviously harder to do in Lynx than in MS, but I thought it was okay since the original CC requires you to do the same in Paranoia. A question though: Is this the timing issue you pointed at? I might misunderstand you once again Tongue .

Lastly, for #134. I know that in Lynx you can release the block to the south, but I missed the fact that you can save the skates! Yes, this is a bust that I should fix in the next version. Thanks for pointing that out.

It's quite a surprise for me too to have so many responses to this levelset. I myself don't consider this to be a 'good' levelset, only some levels are 'good'. But then again what I thought to be 'good' levels aren't considered to be 'good' by some (or most) of you. Strangely though, what I meant to be 'filler' levels are considered 'good' and worthy enough to be in CCLP1 Laughing .

The list in the Yahoo Group also helps promoting this levelset. As for now, it's the highest on the list with 149 levels stated in the description.
I really liked your level "black heart replacement" (I don't remember if I have the name wrong or not) It's a cool idea and not too long to be tedious and annoying.

Also the early one where you use chips and blocks to block force floors.

I learned about this set from Hornlitz videos. Honestly I've only played sets I've seen on youtube that appear to be good. And I usually don't play all levels of a 149 pack like this one. I just play the levels that look fun to me.

anyway thanks for the inspiration! (every good pack I play gives me inspiration... if only I knew how to channel that inspiration into my own levels...)
my CC2 sets: Mobi's Challenge (166 levels)
Walls of CCLP2 (V2) presently: ~50 levels

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakwin Rinzai

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man"
-'The Dude' Lebowski
I know I am awfully late for playing this set. Actually, I knew about this levelset for the longest time but for some reason the Yahoo Group website was messed up or something meaning that when I clicked the link on pieguys website it didn't work. Anyway, thanks to Andante for sending me a copy for the levelset and I can play it now! Slight smile I am currently on Go Swimming (62) and I am stuck on "the marsh" section of the level and I can't figure out the bridge building at the end involving the trap button surrounded by force floors. I need some assistance on that section and the ending but so far great levelset; thanks again Andante for sending me a copy Slight smile !