For anyone who is on the CCLP4 staff
Honestly, I don't really care what difficulty curve CCLP4 will bring to the table. I just want it to have fun levels! Slight smile
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Quote:Honestly, I don't really care what difficulty curve CCLP4 will bring to the table. I just want it to have fun levels! Slight smile

That's a really good point.

"Is it fun" should be a bigger question than "how hard is it?" Because an easy level can be boring and hard levels can be fun.
Quote:You tested your own land mine. It worked!
CCLP4 in my opinion should be a combination of CCLP1, 2 & 3 when it comes to difficulty, however, it should not pass CCLP3's difficulty at all.

SO I guess I do somewhat care about the curve but whatever Tongue
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Quote:CCLP4 in my opinion should be a combination of CCLP1, 2 & 3 when it comes to difficulty, however, it should not pass CCLP3's difficulty at all.

SO I guess I do somewhat care about the curve but whatever Tongue

The reason I originally suggested this idea was so that all players can submit levels towards, and for players, Beginners - Veterans, can enjoy as a whole. Plus the reason that our previous official sets were only catergorized in one specific difficulty level, it would be nice to see something else for a change.
Quote:ΓΓΛΠ IV

Mildly off-topic, but you do know this says "GGDP" don't you? And "IV" is a part of the latin numbering system, whereas the first piece of text is greek... Not quite sure what you're getting at.

With regards to CCLP4, I don't believe it should be harder than CCLP3, and I probably won't play it if it is. I found a good deal of CCLP3's later levels far beyond my playing ability, and sadly I kinda gave up on it. I've really enjoyed playing through the CCLP1 voting pool, and even though it's aimed at "beginners", I've still found some incredibly fun, challenging and innovative levels, which is far bigger attraction to me than playing a difficult level I don't necessarily enjoy just to say I could beat it.
CC1: 5,954,550 (completed)
--- CCLP1: 5,989,110 (completed)
--- CCLP2: 5,936,410 (148 levels completed)
--- CCLP3: 1,223,887 (a few levels completed)

My levelset JRB_CCLP1.ccl
Quote:Mildly off-topic, but you do know this says "GGDP" don't you? And "IV" is a part of the latin numbering system, whereas the first piece of text is greek... Not quite sure what you're getting at.

'C' and 'G' were both derived from gamma, and what looks like delta is actually capital lambda. I'm also aware they are Roman numerals, not Greek, but i don't care Tongue.
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
Quote:Not people, only one person I know of... Unamused

- Madhav.
If Madhav is just a nickname of yours, I can bet you thought of me. Regardless, you need to bump that ante up to two. I mean, I look forward to a lot of crap. Christmas Music only for December and Late November? PSHHH, START IT ON EARLY SEPTEMBER. Need I say more on that topic?
Sewiouswy, Pom-Pom, whewe is that CCLP4 I so want?

~Chipwoodstock
Chip Win
Quote:Christmas Music only for December and Late November? PSHHH, START IT ON EARLY SEPTEMBER. Need I say more on that topic?
Yes? Elaborate? Or was that just an expression?

P.S. He was called Madhav before you ever wielded a keyboard. I hear that the d and h are pronounced separately, and not as a voiced dental non-sibilant fricative, or even the aspirated consonant of Irish Gaelic.
Quote:'C' and 'G' were both derived from gamma, and what looks like delta is actually capital lambda. I'm also aware they are Roman numerals, not Greek, but i don't care Tongue.

So it is a lambda... My humble apologies. I would have thought kappa would be closer to c than gamma, but it's been a long time since I did Greek, so maybe I'm wrong there too.

Quote:P.S. He was called Madhav before you ever wielded a keyboard. I hear that the d and h are pronounced separately, and not as a voiced dental non-sibilant fricative, or even the aspirated consonant of Irish Gaelic.

^ This.
CC1: 5,954,550 (completed)
--- CCLP1: 5,989,110 (completed)
--- CCLP2: 5,936,410 (148 levels completed)
--- CCLP3: 1,223,887 (a few levels completed)

My levelset JRB_CCLP1.ccl
Quote:I'm personally not a proponent of making CCLPs increase in difficulty. It would severely limit what kinds of levels we include once we reach the point where the vast majority of levels are quite difficult for most players (and I'd say CCLP3 is pretty close to that) and discourage designers who compose simpler, easier levels. Perhaps the "hardcore" levels should get their own pack specifically geared toward veteran players.

Judging by the layout of this post and by the complexity of where it is discussed, there is only one solution that can be done to execute such a perfect idea.