March 2012 Create Competition
Create

Competition March 2012

The really important things:

- This level must be solvable in both MS and Lynx, but Pedantic compatability is not required.

- Email this level to Rockdet at rocket_rg (at) msn.com *

Be sure to specify who you are and what competition this level is for.

(*note: This isn't a direct email link to make it harder for spam bots scanning the web to grab my email address.)

-For this month's competition, you need to design a 9x9 level.

-Bonus points will be allowed if you place the 4 elements into it.

A few important notes:

- First, these are not rules, that would be too restrictive. They are useful notes and advice for what we're looking for.

- Second and most importantly, design something fun.

These levels will be due by 0:00 GMT April 1, 2012. If you're not sure what time that is by you, submit it a day early (or earlier!) to be safe.

Submission requirements:

Email to rocket_rg (at) msn.com

You must list your username and the competition that your submission is for in the title. Keep it short and simple, something like:

""From Lessinath - Create Submission.""
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
The four elements being fire, water, ice and what?
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
Quote:The four elements being fire, water, ice and what?

And suction...
<p>Proud owner of absolutely no untied bolds.
Four elements being Ice, water, fire and suction.

This one is all on rock, because I hadn't planned anything ahead of time.
Quote:You tested your own land mine. It worked!
Are elements outside the 9x9 grid allowed, as long as they don't interfere within the grid and are completely inaccessible?
Well, the way I understand it is everything that interacts with chip must be in the 9x9 area but you can have stuff outside of it for decoration if you want. However, to count for the "four elements" it must be within the 9x9 area.
"First, these are not rules, that would be too restrictive."

I say go for it! This seems to be a good month to submit several levels too, so why not make a few with ghastly mechanisms outside the box you're confided to yourself?
Quote:"First, these are not rules, that would be too restrictive."

I say go for it! This seems to be a good month to submit several levels too, so why not make a few with ghastly mechanisms outside the box you're confided to yourself?

This is important to remember too. If your level requires you to use something outside the 9x9 area we're not going to hold it against you as long as you don't totally abuse it*. This is even more true if the level is good - we're going to have a better opinion of a level that doesn't follow all the rules but is an absolutely outstanding level as opposed to a level that fits the "rules" to a T but really isn't all that good.

*Such as by having chip run circles around the outside of the level before he enters the 9x9 area - I think we can all agree that would be against the spirit of a 9x9 level concept.
I've submitted a level! this was fun. Slight smile
Hmmm...9x9 w/4 elements huh?

Sure why not I'll give this one a try. Haven't FULLY tested my skills at making 9x9 levels Slight smile
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon