Unsolvable Level Reports
JoshL6 - Level 2 - Scandinavia

I found this level to be unsolvable. There is no way to push the block into the water to get the green key. The wall at 15,22 could be changed to a FF south. Has anyone else had this problem or am I missing something?
First off, Scandinavia is level 14 of JoshL6, not level 2.

Second, the level is solvable, as seen on pieguy's site... Push the block at (15, 23), go back to the toggle button at (18, 16) then press the one at (13, 26) to get the green key.
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Firstly, I did not edit the set. I have it as level 2 of JoshL6, but level 14 in JoshL6-extended. Secondly... SHOOT, I did miss something. It must be my blurred eyes these days.
Quote:Firstly, I did not edit the set. I have it as level 2 of JoshL6, but level 14 in JoshL6-extended.

JoshL6-extended is the latest version and is only titled as such on pieguy's site. It's still JoshL6. Tongue It being level 2 sounds like you have the 40 level version, which has been out of date for quite some time and I strongly recommend updating. That version holds levels I've since rejected out of the set.
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Uh-huh. Okay. I'm not gonna report any more unsolvable levels. Raised eyebrowSlight frownConfused

BTW, your levels are awesome! Thumbs upSlight smile
I can at least confirm that all JoshL6 levels are solvable, in both rulesets Slight smile

Thanks Thumbs up hope you enjoy them!
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

It should be noted that I have been working on a comprehensive database of ALL unsolvable levels.

Jimmy and I collaborated on one several years ago, and fortunately I saved my notes. I working on updating those notes (many sets have since been fixed), plus adding on the new sets that have been released.

Note that I will need volunteers to confirm (how shall we call it?) unsolvancy! Tongue

It's important that players more experienced than I am (er....that would be anyone) take a look and confirm that a level is indeed beyond repair.

Just as Josh has been doing for Steven. :-)
It's Jan A from the early Chip days. I've been collecting user level sets since 1999, and am happy to share from my collection. Let me know what you're looking for.
Quote:It should be noted that I have been working on a comprehensive database of ALL unsolvable levels.

Jimmy and I collaborated on one several years ago, and fortunately I saved my notes. I working on updating those notes (many sets have since been fixed), plus adding on the new sets that have been released.

Note that I will need volunteers to confirm (how shall we call it?) unsolvancy! Tongue

It's important that players more experienced than I am (er....that would be anyone) take a look and confirm that a level is indeed beyond repair.

Just as Josh has been doing for Steven. :-)

That's what I was hoping to accomplish with my recent changes to my level database, to allow for other players to update level set links, level title lists, solvability in both rulesets...and to take all that work off of me Tongue since there was a lot of missing information on my site with just me updating it. Maybe we could somehow combine our projects/information to make one super-database...it sounds like you have already gathered way more data than I have. Slight smile
Mike L

My level sets:
MikeL2 - 200 levels, updated 1/22/2017
MikeL2-fix - Lynx compatible version of MikeL2
MikeL3 - 86 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - a best-of set with levels from MikeL2, MikeL4 or my now-hidden rejects set
MikeL4 - 27 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - home of any new post-2009 levels I make
MikeLrejects - 351 levels, updated 5/16/2013 - all my older/experimental/not as good levels
Quote:Maybe we could somehow combine our projects/information to make one super-database.

Was already thinking that. Sent you an email.
It's Jan A from the early Chip days. I've been collecting user level sets since 1999, and am happy to share from my collection. Let me know what you're looking for.
hello..i have 2 questions:

is there a .dat file available out there for "will's world" and "will's world advanced" level sets?

Also...is the advanced level 39 "New adventures of Will" actually impossible?? i refuse to believe i'm stuck at such a level (i think i'm rather an expert in chips challenge). help!