Expansion Pack - Discussion
This is the official discussion thread for CCLP4 voting's Expansion Pack, which contains the third and final batch of nominated levels by the community and is also the shortest of the voting packs. Feel free to share your thoughts, opinions, and comments on the levels here!
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Expansion Pack was just updated to make two unsolvable levels solvable, #1 (Bumper Blocks) and #19 (Volcano Lake).
You should probably be playing CC2LP1.

Or go to the Chip's Challenge Wiki.
Any hints for #20 (Death Box)? I figured that the first (or possibly second) step must be releasing the glider. Thought that the clone block at the bottom-left would be used to direct it to a bomb, but Chip cannot escape the block in time. Looks like a very interesting puzzle.

#17 (Bothersome Ball) was very fun to solve.
Death Box has a different solution in both MS and Lynx, though I don't recall the specifics of either at the moment.
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter
Quote:Any hints for #20 (Death Box)? I figured that the first (or possibly second) step must be releasing the glider. Thought that the clone block at the bottom-left would be used to direct it to a bomb, but Chip cannot escape the block in time. Looks like a very interesting puzzle.
Your idea works in Lynx. Clone a block, then release the glider and let it explode the bomb guarding the flippers.

In MS, the teeth to the left can be freed (odd step or [1] wait is required). Then, get the teeth to press the block cloner button.

Unfortunately, the level is busted as none of the chips are required.
Thought dump:

1. Bumper Blocks: Is that bust intended?
2. Toxic Caves: This level was a lot of fun. The wall aesthetics are a bit distracting but i eventually got used to it.
3. Ruined Canal: Fun fact: There was a time when i forgot the solution to this. Also the password was hand-picked.
5. Frog Baseball: Fun concept, but a bit too long. Could use a higher time limit, too.
12. Forcing II: This would have been a decent level if it didn't feel the need to fill the entire map. And really, i feel like this the most common issue with the levels in voting, if not Chip's Challenge levels in general.
17. Bothersome Ball: I wonder if it's possible to bust this in MS using slide delay.
20. Death Box: I remember a while ago we were coming up with crazy tank mechanisms to fix the bust, but looking at it again i realize all that's needed is a thief in front of that blue button (and a S thin wall at (24,9) for a separate minor bust). I like the level either way.
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
This may have already been discovered by the staff, but there is an even more extreme bust that I'm not sure has been mentioned anywhere (I'm not sure if it's what Ruben had in mind): release the teeth, then get the glider to deflect off it and straight into the tank button. Time 242.

Random 8's proposed fix would solve this specific bust, but a teeth/glider collision looks like it can break other areas of the level as well. (Then again, it might take longer to use this to do anything else useful.)