July Mini Time Trial - Fool's Gold
Some of us have been discussing about occasionally running shorter and more casual competitions. We finally got around to doing that on the Skype chat group, but figured it would be fun to share the opportunity with the rest of you as well. The level is by Flareon350 and it nicely combines collecting two types of objects. You can download it here:

http://cczone.invisionzone.com/index.php?/files/file/583-%7B?%7D/

This is a mini competition, so the rules are a bit different than proper Time Trials. We hand out some Chip Cup points as a small participation award, but more likely just playing a fun level is a bigger incentive for joining. You don't need to send or post your solution anywhere, just post your time below in this thread (or you may post other people's scores if they post them somewhere else first). So sharing scores while the competition is running is ok, but let's not share solutions just yet. After the deadline, it would be nice to see the quickest solution posted somewhere Slight smile

Here are how we'll try to give out Chip Cup points:

5 points - first to report the best time in either MS or Lynx

4 points - anyone who eventually scores a best time

3 points - anyone who had a pretty good time

2 points - anyone who solved the level (but I guess they didn't have a good time with it?)

1 point - anyone else who comments on having played the level

Let's see how this works. Oh, and I guess we need a deadline for scores, let's say the end of July where you live. And thanks to Josh for letting us use your level!

Enjoy!

-Miika
[Click to Show Content]

Pretty fun level to optimize- no clear starting point, but some individual sections that can eventually be joined into a route...and then balancing the keys collected.
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter
I'm glad this level decided to be used, and I hope it's fun for those who enter this Slight smile

[Click to Show Content]

[Click to Show Content]
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
My scores for now:

[Click to Show Content]
Slight smile
Best times fo far:

201 Lynx

214 MS

I may improve them eventually if I feel like it.
CC is awesome!

CC2 sets (still being updated): C1059-CC2 --- Walls of CC2

CC1 sets (all complete): C1059-2 --- C1059-1 --- 1059PG01 --- C1059-Christmas --- C1059-INSANITY --- C1059-CCLP4

My Youtube channel --- Fiver's Honeycomb --- Fanfiction.net

Good posts don't cost too much, yet many go unwritten.
Neat stuff, here are my times so far --

[Click to Show Content]
Managed to increase my time to 252 (MS)
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Alright, managed to improve my (MS) time to

[Click to Show Content]

Oh and also, not really sure how to properly ask this or so but, even though I'm still a sort of relatively new user around here, could I possibly join the skype chat? If so, my skypename is gamebop.
Nice job Mote!

My new times:

[Click to Show Content]

In the days when nobody else seemed to play Lynx competitively, I would have thought that nobody else would ever bother equaling this Lynx score. Now I'm sure someone can do it, but it's still not too easy.
Heyyyyy found the

[Click to Show Content]

route for the level. I guess now I should look at Lynx.
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter