NeverStopGaming Discussion
Hey everyone,

I wanted to say that I posted a new set on CCZone and pieguy's site titled NeverStopGaming.

You are more than welcomed to post anything related to the levelset here.
It looks like a great set! I can't wait to play it Slight smile

One thing I should point out is that Breen District is also in J.B.'s set. Not that this is really an issue, but I've never seen a collab level between two people be in both said people's sets.

And a question - will you be submitting this set or some levels of it for CCLP4?
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Eddy, this set looks amazing so far! One question - is Imperial Elevator meant to have extra chips?
I plan to make a CCLP4 consideration set in the days to come. The set will be a combination of both my sets and possibly some of the rejected levels. That being said, you can go ahead and pull out the other set that is currently under consideration.

As for a specific level in the set, Imperial Elevator intended to have extra chips.
I very much enjoyed this set! It was the right length and not quite as challenging as your previous work. My main gripe with it is that you released it at a time when I could have been doing other things but I was tempted to play this instead! Here a few comments on select levels:

13 - Incisive Paragon

This was just perfect! I like the size and I like the puzzle and the symmetry makes it look nice. You could make ten of these with variations and I would play them all! (Then we'd vote the best one into CCLP4!)

19 - Golgi Apparatus

Novel concept, great execution. I've been wondering if there was some interesting way to play around with toggle buttons and toggle walls that I haven't seen, and this was just that. One of my favorites in the set.

21 - Breen District

I think it's fine to have collab levels in more than one set. Having said that, this was my least favorite level in the set.

29 - Orbital Station

You found some interesting monster interactions and added a story to it. Cool!

36 - Zero Potential

I want to see a sequel! This is fine as a small challenge and introduction to the concept, but now I want to see the next step with a tougher challenge.

40 - Tooth Skin

Is this possible with the teeth doing everything on one go-around? I just cloned the blocks myself.

43 - Seven Layer Salad

I played this when it was part of the create comp two years ago, and it was better than I remembered! Carrying the block through the level worked well. I was still a bit confused with the block cloners towards the end as they didn't do much, but I managed to figure it out again.

47 - Nova Prospect

Nice puzzles with a connecting theme. I can also tell you put effort into the visual impact of this level. This is also probably an interesting level to optimize.

49 - Forgive Is Our Trespassing

A bit hard, but maybe ok for almost last level.

50 - Tank You Very Much

A gem. Every room works nicely and I would love to see this in CCLP4. A great way to finish off your set!

What are your own favorites from the set? Which levels were a pain to build? What's your next set and have you planned any sequels?
A few thoughts now that I've finished the set:

I really enjoyed this. There's a steady difficulty increase, but it's nothing terribly harsh, and the levels can be solved fairly quickly and don't feel tedious at all. One of the qualms I had with 60 Minutes was that there were concepts that felt rather obviously lifted from other levels - some of which looked almost literally copied and pasted into the map. This set had much more originality and felt fresh. Even when it borrowed a few ideas from other levels and sets, I appreciated that there was at least a different spin involved, at least for the most part. Some improved on the idea: I enjoyed Forgive Us Our Trespassing, which felt inspired by Hip to Be Square, though without all the tedious walking around. So far, my favorites are Melody Rain, Cloud City, Flea Market, Golgi Apparatus, Torn Landscape, Nova Prospect, and of course, Tank You Very Much.

Quote:47 - Nova Prospect

Nice puzzles with a connecting theme. I can also tell you put effort into the visual impact of this level. This is also probably an interesting level to optimize.

@Miika: Oh, it very much is! Hope you submit a few scores of your own on this set. Slight smile
Quote:36 - Zero Potential

I want to see a sequel! This is fine as a small challenge and introduction to the concept, but now I want to see the next step with a tougher challenge.

I made a level called "Frozen Over" which I believe is what this level is based off of. My level, however, is a tougher challenge as it spreads the whole 32x32 grid. So technically speaking that can be considered as a sequel.
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
How on do you solve Serenity Now (34)? I need some help please. BTW, great levelset so far, the last level was a great modification of Key Color (149) in CCLP2.

Never mindSlight smile Solved it.
Review for the first half,

1- Great Intro level mixed with various challenges

2- Reminds me of Mud Pit from Josh.

3- At first I didn't know if there was a specific order but I liked the key and chip swapping

4- Extra chips in the end and a little bit tricky too, since it is possible to cook the level by trapping the exit

5- This level was fun, I like this kind of concept and reminds me a little bit of Elemental Park (128) from CCLP1

6- I like this level too, in my opinion it is a better version of lesson 6 from the original game

7- It has that great How To Get Around In Venice aesthetic.

8- Great level, some of the force floor kind of reminds me of Toxic Ride from JoshL5

9- A little ordinary

10- Fun small blob level, like the extra recessed walls for protection more than enough

11- Fun

12- Nice creative "SAMPLER" level

13- Nice little Puzzle

14- This level reminds me of And The Walls Kept Tumbling Down form the Other 100 tiles

15- Fun

16- Good squared cell level

17- Ordinary

18- I like this level, filled with various challenges with gliders, particularly the chips by the upper right and lower left corners of the level.

19- A little nerve-wracking to get the fireballs into the bomb. If one went into the the "toggle rooms" and you were in it, that's scary

20- Reminds me of Carousel (112) in CCLP1, like the twist at the end with the 2 blocks.

21- What is Breen District? Isn't it supposed to be Green District?

22- Great challenge that requires players to look further into the level. Nice "Mudpit" concept

23- Ordinary in my opinion

24- LOL at the name not sure if it was intentional, with a great Amsterdam concept put into it.

25- Reminds me of Phoenix in JoshL5.

Great level set so far, Slight smile looking forward towards level 35-50. Right now I am stuck on Serenity Now (34). I'll post my reviews for the second half of the level set when I finish level 50.
I recently finished (well, almost finished) optimizing the set in MS- there's some pretty fun stuff in here both casually and to optimize, but there were also a couple levels I didn't like for some reason or another.

(levels 1-10)

[Click to Show Content]

(levels 11-20)

[Click to Show Content]

(levels 21-30)

[Click to Show Content]

(levels 31-40)

[Click to Show Content]

(levels 41-50)

[Click to Show Content]
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter