January 2016 Create Competition - Palettes
That would be great
Queen
Deadline extended to February 13th
, 2016
by request. I will be releasing and judging the levels in the morning/when I wake up on the 14th and will accept submissions until I do so. Conveniently that allows a Valentines mini competition right afterwards without overlap (sorry Josh!)
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter
Quote:(sorry Josh!)

Slight frown

Well I might still release my levels into my set before this date, depending on where I am with my set (see that thread for more details) so I hope that's fine.
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
I discovered this site yesterday, and I'm glad you extended the deadline. I didn't even have 1 month to participate but I'll try my best in some challenges.
Also, are monsters allowed to face any direction at start, for palette 4 ?
Yes, monsters can begin oriented in any direction (that goes for all 4 palettes).

Always happy to see new faces in the community, can't wait to see what you come up with Slight smile
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

IHNN1 | IHNN2

http://itsalmo.st/#januarycreatedeadline

Just so there's no timezone confusion, there's the official deadline for submissions (approximately 90 hours from this post). The unofficial deadline is still when I compile the levels and post them here.

I'm still hoping to see a few more entries! Yes Miika and ProKeys and Benj and Ryan and anyone else this means you.

Especially you Michael I know you're reading this.

IHNN1 | IHNN2

My levels are ready. I realised tonight we were allowed more than 1 submission per level, though I have only 1 idea per palette (I have a second idea for one of them but I'm a bit lazy to do it in 24 hours)
How do submissions work ? Through a private message ?
Quote:How do submissions work ? Through a private message ?

Quote:Email and attach your submissions to jbardonjr at charter dot net
. I will reply with a confirmation that I have received your entry as soon as I can (this should be within 72 hours of the message being sent). I prefer if you use your username and this competition in the subject. Keep it short and simple, something like: "January Create - I am a person"
Or attach them to a private message- I'm not too picky about how I get the levels as long as I do Tongue

Since I'm posting, for everyone else there are 26 hours remaining. Miika and RB3ProKeys had better both submit an entry since the deadline was extended for them...

IHNN1 | IHNN2

Thank you !
Well, the fact there were "dot" and "at" in full words instead of . and @ made me miss it.

I can't wait to see these levels.
aaaaaand submissions are officially closed. Minor updates to already submitted levels will still be accepted until I judge the levels (more on that in a bit). In the cases of Benj and Miika (who both have a level that slightly stray from the palette), I've included a minor 'fix' within the palette, but won't use these for judging unless okayed by the submitter (I believe Benj did via e-mail, but I'm not sure of this. Miika's level took a bigger change, so I'm hoping to hear back with an update from him specifically). Since the levels could be adapted relatively easily, I don't think discounting those levels would be all that fair to the submitters, while judging equivalently wouldn't be entirely fair to the other submitters, so I'll be deducting 1 point from the overall total per tile use (currently 1 for Benj and 2 for Miika) assuming they aren't changed.

If that sounds convoluted it kind of is, and I do apologize for any potential confusion from this.

Anyway, here's the submitted levels, with my own test levels also included! Levels are ordered in the order I received them, sorted by palette.

http://cczone.invisionzone.com/index.php?/files/file/535-january-2016-create-levels-packaged/

Now for judging! I've only played my own levels and the ones that looked like they had obvious problems, so I'll have a semi-blind experience with each...which as mentioned a while ago, I'll be streaming the judging process on my twitch channel. Tentative timing for this is tomorrow evening, starting at around 6 PM EST. I'll post again in the thread when I start.

Gotta say though, the results blew my expectations out of the water. There's a very nice variety of play types for each palette and despite the same more restricted starting point, everything feels different.

So, to re-iterate:
  • Updates allowed until I judge
  • Miika and Benj should update to fix the issue
  • Judging will be streamed
  • Said judging will probably be done tomorrow
  • Great work designing everyone Thumbs up

IHNN1 | IHNN2