C1059-CC2
C1059-CC2 IS NOT FINISHED!

I have released an update, the set now has 109 levels. Here is a complete list of changes:

[Click to Show Content]

Essentially: Replay levels 1, 9, 16, 28, 43, 55, 60 and 85. Level 100 used to be level 86. Levels 86, 95, 96, 97, 99 and 101 to 109 are new.

Some of the removed levels will be readded later on in the set, in the slots where I originally wanted them to be.

Please tell me which levels you liked and didn't like so I can improve future levels. Thanks for playing!
CC is awesome!

CC2 sets (still being updated): C1059-CC2 --- Walls of CC2

CC1 sets (all complete): C1059-2 --- C1059-1 --- 1059PG01 --- C1059-Christmas --- C1059-INSANITY --- C1059-CCLP4

My Youtube channel --- Fiver's Honeycomb --- Fanfiction.net

Good posts don't cost too much, yet many go unwritten.
I played through most of your levels when they came out, but never gave feedback on any, partly because I was too lazy and it takes quite some more work to give useful comments on levels than just playing them, partly however, since you have a reasonable amount of crazy monster dodging / timing levels in your set, which are not my preferred type of level - if you read what I wrote in other threads probably not unexpected and therefore not too helpful... However there are some great levels in the set, and for the most part, I had a lot of fun playing through all levels Slight smile

Generally as always, included replays would imo be a nice thing. Rolling eyes

But let's have a look at some of the new levels to give some hopefully useful feedback Tongue

101 PUSH AND PULL
A lot of clever mechanics, the block pushing puzzle with push up walls is really cool, not too sure about the single shot you get at the ghost room to progress, but it's OK, since it is a short level. Over all a great level, I had a lot of fun solving all rooms. Thumbs up

102 BLOB BLAST
A lot of blobs in the outer space, together with a transformer, which sometimes leaves you no exit, because there will be an angry teeth blocking your way. Randomness pure, not my type of level.

103 GHOSTS' WORST FEAR
60 times a second, the ghosts change direction, great too look at, and the walls are deadly, another advantage of this level, since the maze is relatively big and requires a lot of direction changes. If we compare it e.g. to level 40 - THE LEVEL THAT WILL DRIVE YOU INSANE, which is a nice fun to play maze, perhaps visually not the easiest, but not a hard one, especially since you don't have to fear to die, overall easy - 103 is nothing of this...

104 SUDDENLY THE TANKS DO THINGS

A cool concept, but the level could imo either be smaller or there could be extra red keys to make it even more fun to play.

105 ISLAND SOLITAIRE
Overall a nice and easy level which is a lot of fun to play. B)
Yet it could be better, e.g. by using a blue teleport instead of a red one. (Edit: Probably a better solution is having a floor tile behind the teleport and moving the water tile one position to the right...) This is imo just a bad design choice. Don't show of that you are a clever designer by implementing traps via hidden information here in form of splash delay which will kill the player. Making the player restart a level more than necessary just makes a level annoying.

106 MANIPULATION
Either I really miss something in this level, and there is a reliable way of not getting the blocks stuck on the blue teleport, but it seems to be trial and error respectively luck timing wise.

107 FOLLOW THE YELLOW TUNNEL
Teeth manipulation in this way might be fun for some people, yet generally not my type of level, but regardless, at least to me, it feels like you overshot the size/length of this concept here.

108 ARMS LENGTH
The idea of the concept of freeing monsters this way is really cool, the resulting chaotic monster dodging a bit too much for my taste. I would give the player either more space, to set up traps for the monsters, or reduce the amount of them, or use just one or maybe two types of monsters top get a reasonable predictable behavior.

109 FEARLESS
Again a really cool idea, just that trusting the designer is a really bad idea in this level, because of delay between stepping on a tile and triggering the mechanism via your mirror. Part two is still doable, just precise timing (short stops), but number four seems to be impossible this way, use a chip instead of a toggle bomb, or remove one toggle door control, to make re-stepping to bump into a toggle reset not required. In the end the time limit should probably be increased by three seconds or so as well, to make it more fun to play.
Thanks for the feedback _H_! Slight smile

I'll make the fixes you suggested for several of these levels. Thank you for pointing out these issues.

106: no you didn't miss anything, the whole level was a failed experiment, it will be removed in the next update.

In the next update, there will probably be more puzzle levels and less dodging.
CC is awesome!

CC1 sets (all complete): C1059-2 --- C1059-1 --- 1059PG01 --- C1059-Christmas --- C1059-INSANITY --- C1059-CCLP4

C1059-CC2 has not been updated, I just want to ask you all a question.

In several of the levels in the set, I put a transmogrifer that seemingly serves no purpose. The only thing it does is that it allows the player to choose whether they play as Chip or Melinda. However, as I recently went through many of the levels in the set to add replays, I realized that they can cause problems. Monsters can sometimes enter them, and in several cases the level is unequal between the two players.

What do you think? Should I keep these transmogrifers, or remove them?
CC is awesome!

I don't think you need to remove them but if you want to avoid the issue of monsters entering them and unequal stuff between Chip and Melinda's characteristics, you should make the first transmogrifer a one time use thing and maybe include a hint stating players can choose to play the level as Chip or Melinda and either or wouldn't make much of a difference. Whether you want to do this with every level that offers this option is up to you though. However, if some of your levels include stuff like ice Chip must slide on, a female only section for Melinda, etc. then I'd maybe remove the transmogrifer entirely to avoid confusion for the players.

In all honestly, the fact you include a transmogrifer at the start of your levels makes your set very unique. I don't believe any other CC2 level designer would include an option like that for players so it's quite nice you do that. Slight smile
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Quote:I don't think you need to remove them but if you want to avoid the issue of monsters entering them and unequal stuff between Chip and Melinda's characteristics, you should make the first transmogrifer a one time use thing and maybe include a hint stating players can choose to play the level as Chip or Melinda and either or wouldn't make much of a difference. Whether you want to do this with every level that offers this option is up to you though. However, if some of your levels include stuff like ice Chip must slide on, a female only section for Melinda, etc. then I'd maybe remove the transmogrifer entirely to avoid confusion for the players.

In all honestly, the fact you include a transmogrifer at the start of your levels makes your set very unique. I don't believe any other CC2 level designer would include an option like that for players so it's quite nice you do that. Slight smile
Thanks for the feedback Josh! I appreciate it.

I will try to keep the transmogrifers whenever possible. Making them a one time use will probably fix a few busts.
CC is awesome!

C1059-CC2 has received another update; it now contains 121 levels. Most of the new levels focus on puzzles and teamwork. Please let me know what you think about them.

I have also been adding replays to the earlier levels; 65 levels now have them. In the process, I found a certain number of busts and other issues, and fixed them. I also made some changes following _H_'s feedback. Here is a complete list of changes.

[Click to Show Content]

As usual, please leave feedback so I can improve future levels. Thanks for playing!
CC is awesome!

C1059-CC2 has received an update; it now has 130 levels. Most of the new levels are small experiments. Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I have also continued adding replays: over 100 levels now have them. In the process, I also continued fixing busts and other issues. Here is a complete list of changes.

[Click to Show Content]

I have also been modifying the soundtrack, and it is now available for download here on CCZone. Due to the 2MB file size limit it had to be split in 14 parts. If you want to use the soundtrack, you will have to download ALL the files in the download link in the first post, remove the fake dat extensions, and extract them. If you just want the set without the music, you can simply download C1059-CC2.zip and leave all the other files alone. Sorry this is so complicated.
CC is awesome!

I've began playing the latest version; looking good so far; I'll post some detailed feedback once I solve a decent portion. Slight smile
my CC2 sets: Mobi's Challenge (166 levels)
Walls of CCLP2 (V2) presently: ~50 levels

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakwin Rinzai

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man"
-'The Dude' Lebowski
note: I've commented on difficulty sometimes but these comments might be skewed because I've only gotten like 1/4 into the pack.

CC1059 -- 1, start level Great level; the yellow teleport area is nice!
Took me a little while to figure out you can use the pop-up wall to your advantage. I ended up getting lucky and getting in without it-- but would've commented that this is annoying, because of having the ball often block your path, but I knew there must be more to it.

I think Ghost Run is much harder than level 6. I haven't solved it yet, but I am not particularly good at very tight timed levels.

Block Parking- interesting concept but a tough level, a little hard for level 8 imo.

And Ice Maze but not as you know it -- interesting concept; was slightly more fun but harder before I realized how you can get rid of bowling balls easily by standing horizontally in a hallway and releasing them.

Hexagons of Slime; in case you weren't aware: you can avoid pressing any of the buttons by block slapping.

Lady Bugs: very cool and tough puzzle! Great use of the yellow teleports. This my favorite level so far. What exactly is the title a reference to? The bonus seems pointless imo, as well as the transmogrofier.

Confusion-- the concept is neat but it's kind of annoying that making one mistake in a sokoban level such as this means instant death instead of just bumping into a wall.

Nothing? -- a nice simple level.
my CC2 sets: Mobi's Challenge (166 levels)
Walls of CCLP2 (V2) presently: ~50 levels

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakwin Rinzai

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man"
-'The Dude' Lebowski