bug in editor?
There is a one-tick delay between the input and output of any logic gate. Any moving monster, player, or bowling ball crossing a pink button will trigger a pulse lasting exactly one tick; however, if you are the player and you stop for any amount of time on the button you'll end up with a longer pulse. That effect has broken a few of my contraptions, but there are workarounds.

[Image: JV9MwSP.png]
This contraption in particular I recommend for any complex circuits. It turns any length button press into a one-tick pulse, and thus ensures no difference between a player and a monster. Hope it helps! Looking forward to seeing your set.

(incidentally, for all the bugs in CC2 I have yet to find any behaviors related to wires and logic gates that doesn't have a good explanation)
My CC1 custom levelset, JoshuaBoneLP.dat
My 'Walls of CC1' custom levelset for CC2, JBoneWOCC.zip, containing levels based on the first 28 levels of CC1.
My CC2 misfit levels, JBoneMisfits.zip, containing 4 levels that didn't fit anywhere else.
Designer totals:
15 levels in CCLP3
52 levels in CC2
Public Apology: I'm very, very sorry about HAUNTED CASTLE, ANTARCTICA, and the endings on VENICE and THINKTANK.
Awesome; that's a very useful little set-up. Thanks for all the logic gate tips. Thumbs up

Reguarding this glitch; not sure if you understand, but what seems to be happening is either; no tick or nothing at all is being registered by a button press OR the objects [in this case traps and logic gates] are not receiving or properly registering the ticks. [...OR anything else really cause I'm no expert on this by any means Tongue ]

I didn't get to do any testing yet however. But I was able to fix my own level, but it was by setting up a system where balls press two on/off switches so that the wires get turned on for much longer than a pulse.

EDIT: I was testing out your contraption and thought I'd upload this here; this demonstrates what I'm talking about;

http://cczone.invisionzone.com/index.php?/files/file/522-trap-non-release-bug/

you can easily replace the trap with anything, like a toggle door. Toggle doors seem to work just fine even if, I might add; graphically; it sometimes looks as if the door does not change at all; the ship is let through.

Presently with the trap; the trap appears to open for a split second but the ship remains in place.

I just noticed that what happens graphically is rather odd too; if the button is pressed by walking into it from left or right the trap appears to open, but if I walk onto it from below it does not. This doesn't seem to effect the ship however, like random8 observed. This result isn't very regular however...
my CC2 sets: Mobi's Challenge (166 levels)
Walls of CCLP2 (V2) presently: ~50 levels

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakwin Rinzai

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man"
-'The Dude' Lebowski
I can't follow your link, it says I don't have permission for that. However, I think I know what the issue is.

Monsters/Players/Blocks/Bowling Balls only try to move every 3rd tick. So if the trap opens due to a one-tick pulse, the trapped monster will only move if the tick is on a multiple of 3.

[Image: daj2sJV.png]

So in this setup, assume the button gets pressed on tick Z (Z will always be a multiple of 3 due to the player movement logic).
The AND gate fires on tick Z+1, opening trap 1, but ball 1 stays put because Z+1 is not a movement tick (not divisible by 3).

The first OR gate fires on tick Z+2, opening trap 2, but ball 2 stays put because Z+2 is not a movement tick.

The second OR gate fires on tick Z+3, opening trap 3, and ball 3 exits the trap because Z+3 is a movement tick.

Hope this helps.
My 'Walls of CC1' custom levelset for CC2, JBoneWOCC.zip, containing levels based on the first 28 levels of CC1.
My CC2 misfit levels, JBoneMisfits.zip, containing 4 levels that didn't fit anywhere else.
Designer totals:
15 levels in CCLP3
52 levels in CC2
Public Apology: I'm very, very sorry about HAUNTED CASTLE, ANTARCTICA, and the endings on VENICE and THINKTANK.
Approved the file so you should have permission to view it now Thumbs up
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter
exactly what i was talking about, the trap opens on tick 3n+1 (where n is any integer depending on when you press the button), which is not divisible by 3, so the monster does not move. One fix is to add 2 OR gates in series so that the trap opens on tick 3n+3, which is a movement tick, as shown:

[Image: 5oefQ1Z.png]

I'll confess I'm surprised that your original setup works when wired to a toggle door. I'm wondering if monsters on force floors try to move every tick instead of every 3rd tick.
Designer totals:
15 levels in CCLP3
52 levels in CC2
Quote:I'm wondering if monsters on force floors try to move every tick instead of every 3rd tick.

That seems to be the case. Try the example you show in this post (3 posts up from here) but with force floors->toggle walls instead of traps.

Now that i think about it, that could potentially explain some of the force floor bugs.
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
Confirmed. Objects stuck on force floors or ice try to move every tick. I think this is the only exception to the normal movement rule of every 3rd tick.

Here is an example for further study. The two toggle doors are only open on ticks (3n+1) where n is any integer, and are thus closed on every normal movement tick. The only way to collect the bonuses is to enter from the force floor (top bonus) or to create an ice tile and trap yourself between the pop up wall and the bonus (bottom).

[Image: s6qREHs.png]
Designer totals:
15 levels in CCLP3
52 levels in CC2
This entry is in the public bug list:

"Force Floor “forced ride”: Jeffrey Bardon/June 16th

If Chip or Melinda starts the level on a force floor, no overrides are possible until they stop sliding.

random 8/June 17th

Same thing happens if you drop suction boots on a force floor."

But I recently noticed that this can happen for no apparent reason while sliding. I just made a 10x10 level filled with random force floors and for reasons I haven't figured out yet, at random times while playing [it usually doesn't take very long] I lose the ability to override and become stuck in the 2x2 circling pattern.

I don't start on a force floor and I don't have boots.

Originally I had teleporters and other things in the level but I eliminated all that and it seems to happen regardless.
my CC2 sets: Mobi's Challenge (166 levels)
Walls of CCLP2 (V2) presently: ~50 levels

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakwin Rinzai

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man"
-'The Dude' Lebowski