CCLP1 Voting Lists and Nominations
I second the nomination for Josh Lee's "Duplex".
They call me Earthling, for I come from Earth.

Earthling1.dat, my levelset.
Ok, those two are safe (Duplex and Metal Harbor), I'm going to add a third one by seconding "Dig for Fire".
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
Quote:However, one level I would really like to nominate for the whitelist is Josh Lee's "Duplex". It does have more blocks than you will ever need, but still, it's not trivial to solve, it takes strategy to deal with the monsters, the level design is unique, and it's just plain fun to be able to use blocks however you like without worrying much about running out. It was one of my favorites in JCCLP, and I think it's one of the best examples of a casual level done right. Thumbs up

Quote:I second the nomination for Josh Lee's "Duplex".

Wow thanks guys! I really appreciate it! Slight smile
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Quote:I'm a bit sad that my Whitelisted levels include a number of really crummy ones that will not pass voting like Blocked Block and Winners Circle, while the majority of the "puzzle" levels I spent a lot more time designing are in the Blacklist.

Well, but I'm happy having levels in the Whitelist, especially some of my good easy levels.

How come "Changing Lanes II" got blacklisted? Slight frown It has a neat concept, and isn't at all difficult, nor really too random.

I'll nominate both it and "The Great Big Chip Heist" (fun, and not too difficult for later CCLP1, IMO Slight smile ). I'd nominate "Caveat Emptor", too; but I believe we have a rule against Cypher-letters in the level? Tongue
Yeah, the Cypher concept wasn't clear to begin with, but we should still have it in just in case there's a Cypher contest. In other words, we'll mark it as "cypher potential"

I second Changing Lanes II for the moment, will have to take a longer look on The Great Big Chip Heist later before seconding it.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
A few things:

- Thank you so much for the response so far! The participation has been very encouraging and reassuring.

- I've gone ahead and updated my initial post with the nominations thus far as an addendum at the bottom.

- "Caveat Emptor" wasn't blacklisted because of the letters; otherwise, it would've been in the "ineligible" list. I assumed it wasn't a cypher level because each line was five letters each. The "credits/text" distinction was more for levels that had really random, readable messages that would have been out of place or "off-topic" in a CCLP. Discreet messages like the one in "Use the Fish" or random letters like these seem to be wouldn't warrant an automatic disqualification on those grounds, and neither would gameplay-related messages like the ones spelled out with chips in CC1's "Playhouse" or "Balls O Fire." So I'll go ahead and list The Architect's endorsement of this level as a nomination. Slight smile

- I apologize for the lack of updates on ArchieP1. It was one of the first sets tested, and I had completely forgot to update the entries for the levels that Archie had addressed when I brought forward the issues mentioned in the spreadsheet to him in the set's thread here. I will be sure to move #106, #112, and #135 to the whitelist during the mass migration following this phase.

- Some of the responses I've heard since releasing these lists is that blacklisting seemed to indicate that we didn't like any of those levels. Please take heart - because that's not entirely true! Personally, there were a lot of levels on the blacklist that I enjoyed a lot. My approach was to play the levels with the mindset of a beginner and evaluate them on multiple criteria, which enjoyed general enjoyability, design quality, and beginner accessibility. Sometimes, a level wouldn't quite make the cut on one of those criteria, and I would need to bear this in mind, especially if it was beginner accessibility. We won't have to worry so much about that for CCLP4, so keep those levels that are more for the veteran crowd near! Slight smile

- On "x times 2 to the n": After playing through this level a few times (in Lynx, that is), my deduction was that the first "ball clock" I started would ultimately be the one that would determine how long I had to solve the level. I was able to complete it with the east, south, and north clocks activated first, but it was impossible to solve the level in Lynx with the west one activated first.

- How much more time do you need to look over the lists and make nominations? For designers - how much time do you need to make the changes to your levels on the limbo list, providing you want to see them on the whitelist? I'm hoping we can move on to voting fairly soon, so please let me know!

Thanks again, everyone!
Although it looks like there are five letters in Caveat Emptor because there are five columns, the middle column in each row contains no letters.
My assumption is that we'll be good for going around mid-May.
My YouTube Channel
Considering only one of my levels is on the limbo list, I'll go ahead and fix it but it's not much of a problem on my end.
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Here are my initial nominations. I'll may make more after some deeper investigation.

AndrewR1 #21 - Reflecting
Chip56 #44 - Frog Baseball
Ida3 #34 - May the Force be With You
JA1 #47 - AARGH
JBLP1 #99 - Japanese Game Show
Rock-cclp1 #8 - Doableity
You should probably be playing CC2LP1.

Or go to the Chip's Challenge Wiki.