April 2013 - Create Competition
Alright guys it's not even April, but I'm gonna go ahead and announce the create competition for April now! It was a lot of fun hosting February's, and I'm sure it'll be just as much fun hosting this one! Slight smile

The theme for this month's create competition is to create a level based off a series of colors, in which you can use up to three different colors for your level.

--THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND WHEN MAKING YOUR LEVEL--

Level Requirements:

-Your level must be solvable in both MS and Lynx.
-Time limit must be at least over 500 seconds. No untimed levels.
-There needs to be at least 25 chips in the level. You have more if you wish, however, 25 must to be required.

-Your level must take up the entire map. Borders are always allowed.

-Your level can only use up to 3 different colors, going by the MSCC tileset. It can have only one or two if you wish to do so.

Level Rules:

-Levels already made can be sent in.

Bonus Points:

-Puzzles always add to your score! Come up with some clever ones!

-Combine two colors to make a single color!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to make your level fun and enjoyable! Slight smile

Once you complete your level(s), send it to me at pkmndiamond493@live.com and I will go through all of them when I can. Be sure to make it clear who you are when sending your level.

-OVERALL RULES-

This competition will come to a close on May 2nd by 12:00am in your time zone. I will no longer accept levels at this point when it is this day in my time zone (PDT), and that is when I will start judging them.

If you feel the need to fix anything in your level, please feel free to do so and notify me of the changes, as well as sending me the fixed version. This also won't affect you or your entry in anyway. Just remember in the end only one level will be accepted so choose wisely when the time comes!

If there's something you don't understand, please post in this topic and I or another member will clarify for you.

Thank you everyone and have fun! Slight smile

~Flareon350 Flareon
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
The entire map thing worries me since those levels generally take me a lot of time and energy to craft. Colours and puzzles thrown in as well, let's see what happens.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
Quote:The entire map thing worries me since those levels generally take me a lot of time and energy to craft. Colours and puzzles thrown in as well, let's see what happens.

Which is why I've started this 2 days before the actual month. You get an extra day in May too Slight smile
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

A couple questions about the level requirements:

Quote:-The amount of chips has to be 25. No higher, nor less.
Is this 25 chips in the whole level or is this 25 chips required? (can we have, say, 50 chips in the level but only 25 required? or 25 chips in the level but only 1 required?)
Quote:-Your level must take up the entire map.
Does the entire map have to be directly involved in the gameplay, or can there be wide open "filler" spaces? (in METASTABLE TO CHAOS, for example, a significant part of the map is irrelevant but it does "take up the entire map")
Basically the CHIPS LEFT counter should say only 25. You can have more in the level if you want though.

The entire map doesn't necessarily have to be involved in the gameplay, but you wouldn't get as many bonus points.
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Ok, cool. Thanks.
No problem. Thumbs up
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

What about those of us who like to include a border in their levels? Slight smile
I can probably safely say that it would be implied in the whole map thing... There would be a problem if your border was 10 tiles thick though Tongue
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
Mine might have to be two tiles thick on at least one side to ensure equally sized rooms for the concept I'm going to attempt to build, but I'm sure Josh won't mind. Slight smile