Pokemon
I really liked Pokemon in the RBY days, being just the right age at the time to be enthralled, even before it became a fad, had a dumb cartoon, etc. I did catch 'em all in RBY, which made catching them all a reasonable possibility, and I tried to catch 'em all in GS, getting as far as like 240, but I got bored of it after hundreds of hours of play (the last ones all required trades or were just ridiculously tedious to obtain, like tracking down the legendary beast things). And there was no point to leveling up past the point required to defeat Red, so that was the end of that game. I tried to play Ruby and by that point was totally uninterested with repeating the whole rigamarole again. Collecting all the pokemon had always been just some obsessive-compulsive task that didn't have any particular reward except completionism. I really really dislike games that require players to do repetitive endless tasks to get 100% completion and I don't think I've ever gotten 100% in any game that actually told you want the percent completion is. It ended up that I sold most of my video games around the time I gave up Ruby, including all my Pokemon games.

I'm bemused that people are still playing these games, I just assume that either there's a lot of turnover due to younger people who, if they are as old as I was in 1998 today, were not actually alive at the time that Pokemon Red released!
Yeah the original goal was to catch 'em all, which was nearly impossible. That's what I still aim at doing for the two first gens. After that, I didn't quite understand the thing other than pure commercial hoopla. Saddening.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
Well I never made that goal. But in my LeafGreen game I have a total of 312 pokemon caught, out of a total of 386 Slight smile Best progress I ever made in a single pokemon game.

And if your also curious, my game time is 289:17 Tongue
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
I used to have 140 in Blue.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
I got like 137 or something like that in yellow before I stopped really caring about the series due to outside things. But, I'm still a fan of pikachu.
Quote:You tested your own land mine. It worked!
In the original I was a fan of Dewgong and Jolteon.
My YouTube Channel
Got 2 badges in Sapphire currently and on my way to the 3rd gym. Here's my current team:

Marshtomp Lv 16

Plusle Lv 16

Taillow Lv 16

Beautifly Lv 15

Also got a Zigzagoon as an HM Slave but whatever Tongue

I felt the need to post my progress. Deal with it.
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Guys, I found my Shiny Charizard Card!

[Image: IMAG0009.jpg]

Awesome gift on my 20th Birthday. I'll never forget the girl who gave it to me originally. Slight smile
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
Oh man I remember me having one too!

I know how it feels when a girl gives you something like this. My own girlfriend has given me MANY pokemon related things Tongue
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Skull Knight Rules!

Oops. Wrong topic.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan