Poll: How old are you?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Less than 13
6.38%
3 6.38%
13-17
34.04%
16 34.04%
18-21
23.40%
11 23.40%
22-28
21.28%
10 21.28%
29+
14.89%
7 14.89%
Total 47 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

How old are you?
Quote:I'm actually looking forward to my first real job this year. I've worked before, but not full time, so it'll be a good fresh start. Slight smile

Do you have it yet, Tom, or are you still searching for one?
Quote:I hate the job I have now because no one appreciates the work I do.

What is it that you do? I'm not bothered by the fact that no one appreciates the work I do, because the job description basically precludes anyone, the workers included, from taking any sort of pride or interest in the work that's being done.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
I'm a maintenance worker at a McDonald's. You might be thinking "that totally sucks you have to do all the dirty work" but actually it's not that bad. It gets you away from the pressure of the customers and workers and everything. You can go outside whenever you want, since we have the freedom to do that. Just grab a broom and dust pan and you can walk around like you own the place Thumbs up

Some of the other things I do include filtering the fryer oil (which is actually pretty fun) and unload the delivery truck twice a week. I also do various thing to keep the place clean and neat for the other workers.

Fun Fact: I have a CC level in JoshL2, based off filtering fryer oil (in this case, fireballs) Tongue
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
You guys are scaring me, since I'll likely have a crappy job like that in a few years so I can pay for college funds and stuff like that. Hopefully in 10 years I'll have a really good one though!
At least we'll always have CC to help us keep our sanity, regardless. Slight smile
Burnt my arm on a fryer once -- had a red mark for months.

College is insanely expensive -- you can't pay for it by working minimum wage. It's stupid. My advice is don't go into debt if you can avoid it.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
Thankfully my parents are nice enough to help me out with that, since they fully support my education.
Quote:College is insanely expensive -- you can't pay for it by working minimum wage. It's stupid. My advice is don't go into debt if you can avoid it.

...that, and it's hard enough to just live on minimum wage, let alone pay for an overpriced education...
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Quote:You guys are scaring me, since I'll likely have a crappy job like that in a few years so I can pay for college funds and stuff like that.

That's why you learn to play poker. Wink

[Click to Show Content]
As I've said, I have no plans to play competitively in order to get money; I'd rather give back to society to earn money which makes much more sense to me. Poker is fun for fun though, especially since I'm nowhere near as skilled as those guys on TV and I can enjoy being bad at it!