Kangaroo Pack - Discussion
This is the official discussion thread for CCLP4 voting's Kangaroo Pack. Feel free to share your thoughts, opinions, and comments on the levels here!
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
  • #44 (Photopia): I like this level (but don't get the title). Solving a Sokoban to be able to come back into the room instead of getting out of it was a nice change.
- Madhav.
1: Unusual concept, but nothing special.

2: Nice blank entries in the monster list. Either way, it's fun.

3: It's a fun level, but it failed to make a strong impression on me.

4: I think this was in JCCLP. It's all right, even if it is rather easy.

5: Two JCCLP levels in a row seriously? This one is all right too.

6: This is a J.B. level? I really don't know what to say...

7: A really hard level with a boring title.

8: The last room is a real pain. What a shame, the first part was decent...

9: Unusual concept.

10: Really simple dodging level.

11: Too large, I think.

12: I think this was from the Walls of CC1 contest. I found this level painful back then. Today, while it is not painful, I still don't like it.

13: Such a small level, yet so hard.

14: One of Jeffrey's best levels ever.

15: OOH you're trapped and the rescue equipment is far away! We will leave you alone with the positive one and the pointless one while we get our stuff. Will you have the strength to survive until we get back?

16: Creative level.

17: Not really much of a challenge. I suppose it was meant to be harder.

18: Better than I expected.

19: When I started this level, I felt like "Oh no, not another cave level!" but in the end it turns out very well.

20: This level contains a hint saying "All blue walls are real" but doesn't contain any hint tiles or blue walls. This is better than Warehouse II.

21: Easiest level so far in the pack. To the point where the hint is repeated to remind people "hey don't pick up those green keys". Meh.

22: I don't know. It doesn't have anything bad about it, but nothing really special either.

23: It would be great if I managed to solve the sokoban...

24: Morality doesn't come from morons, but "moricity" does. The level is fun.

25: Better than many other force floor mazes.

26: I think this was a Create Competition entry that was later reused for a Time Trial and repackaged in UC4. Such an overused level.

27: This could have been more frustrating.

28: That's a good concept, not too frustrating.

29: Why is this in voting?

30: One of the better teleport levels.

31: No challenge.

32: I am not a fan of levels that aim to use every tile of a certain colour, as using a separate tileset ruins everything. Thieves are red in Lynx, not blue.

33: Ordinary dodging level.

34: I think this was in UC4. It's nice.

35: I have still not solved this since my last JCCLP2 review.

36: GLIDERS ARE NOT GHOSTS!!! The rest of the title is also depressing. This is a good dodging level with predictable patterns.

37: Guess what? Ordinary!

38: "It's probably not possible" YOU MEAN YOU DON'T KNOW??? Either way, I think this would have been better shorter. The last room is especially frustrating.

39: One of the best levels in voting so far.

40: Weird.

41: Interesting way to progress through the level.

42: One of Josh's best levels ever.

43: The puzzle is too simple.

44: Really great puzzle.

45: Well...this is just a simple itemswapper, not puzzles, the dodging isn't really a problem. Too simple...

46: Overall this is a good blue wall maze. The teleport cook in Lynx is quite dumb, though...

47: Good concept.

48: Ordinary.

49: This one was for the January 2014 Create Competition. While I finished in last place, this one came very close, and I can see why: it's really not newbie friendly. But it's still fun.

50: I think this is in JCCLP2. Good itemswapper.
CC is awesome!

CC2 sets (still being updated): C1059-CC2 --- Walls of CC2

CC1 sets (all complete): C1059-2 --- C1059-1 --- 1059PG01 --- C1059-Christmas --- C1059-INSANITY --- C1059-CCLP4

My Youtube channel --- Fiver's Honeycomb --- Fanfiction.net

Good posts don't cost too much, yet many go unwritten.
Quote:33: Ordinary dodging level.

Did you actually solve this level?
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
[quote]
CC is awesome!

CC1 sets (all complete): C1059-2 --- C1059-1 --- 1059PG01 --- C1059-Christmas --- C1059-INSANITY --- C1059-CCLP4

Quote:26: I think this was a Create Competition entry that was later reused for a Time Trial and repackaged in UC4. Such an overused level.
Walls of CCLP2 -> put in UC5 as a level I made -> also appears early on in my best of set. I'm not really sure how that's overused, or how that would count against the level.

Quote:32: I am not a fan of levels that aim to use every tile of a certain colour, as using a separate tileset ruins everything. Thieves are red in Lynx, not blue.
And yet, this didn't count against Photopia... separate tilesets also don't change how the level plays so again: why does color theming count against a level? If there were no thieves, would that change things?

Quote:4: I think this was in JCCLP. It's all right, even if it is rather easy.

5: Two JCCLP levels in a row seriously? This one is all right too.

8: The last room is a real pain. What a shame, the first part was decent...

9: Unusual concept.

Random chance puts two levels from a 149 level set next to each other: complain!

Random chance puts two levels from a 100 level set next to each other: no comment!

Quote:38: "It's probably not possible" YOU MEAN YOU DON'T KNOW??? Either way, I think this would have been better shorter. The last room is especially frustrating.
Well, it doesn't need to be known to be possible to get every chip given how many extras there are. I think it's quite reasonable in that regard.
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter
Quote:37: Guess what? Ordinary!

> No other level like it.

> Is called ordinary anyway.

Clapping
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Quote:<div class="ipsEmbeddedVideo">

Then why didn't you mention the recessed wall maze? Is Recess from CCLP3 just glider dodging?
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
Quote:Walls of CCLP2 -> put in UC5 as a level I made -> also appears early on in my best of set. I'm not really sure how that's overused, or how that would count against the level.

Sorry about the mistake. In that case, it probably wasn't overused Thumbs up

Quote:And yet, this didn't count against Photopia... separate tilesets also don't change how the level plays so again: why does color theming count against a level? If there were no thieves, would that change things?

I don't see how Photopia tries to use any special aesthetics. To answer your question, I don't think replacing the thieves would improve the level because any other tile would also break the aesthetic.

Quote:Random chance puts two levels from a 149 level set next to each other: complain!

Random chance puts two levels from a 100 level set next to each other: no comment!

Perhaps it's because I didn't play the set levels 8 and 9 come from, so I have no way of knowing that they are both from the same set? Fail

Quote:Well, it doesn't need to be known to be possible to get every chip given how many extras there are. I think it's quite reasonable in that regard.

Still, mentioning something like this makes the level look unprofessional, as if the designer was too lazy to thoroughly test it to see if all the chips are required. While such knowledge is not really necessary, putting this imprecise information in the hint is not a good idea, in my opinion.

Quote:> No other level like it.

> Is called ordinary anyway.

Clapping

There are two parts: a blue wall/water maze, and a connect-the-chips section with recessed walls. Both concepts have been done many times already. The only unique things about this level are throwing the two puzzles together, and the happy faces in the top corners.

Also, my musical tastes are very different from yours, Josh. Sorry Heart

Quote:Then why didn't you mention the recessed wall maze? Is Recess from CCLP3 just glider dodging?

I did not find the recessed wall maze hard at all. The dodging was much harder, I think.

Recess is mostly the maze, although neither maze nor dodging are hard to execute.
CC is awesome!

The way the hint is worded, it seems like it's challenging the player to try to collect all available chips instead of telling the player that the designer didn't test the level.
Queen