Poll: What future for official CC sets would you find most ideal?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Make CCLP4 for CC1, then make CC2LP1 a different set for CC2.
66.67%
22 66.67%
Make CCLP4 and CC2LP1 basically the same set, without the use of CC2 elements in CC2LP1.
0%
0 0%
Make CCLP4 and CC2LP1 basically the same set, with the use of CC2 elements in CC2LP1.
9.09%
3 9.09%
Forget about CCLP4 and move on with CC2LP1 instead.
18.18%
6 18.18%
Other (elaborate in the thread)
6.06%
2 6.06%
Total 33 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Facing the Future: What's Next for Official Sets?
Neither did I write anything like this nor did I imply it in any way.

If you ask for my opinion, well, since the cc1 mechanics are just a subset of those in cc2, there is no reason to restrict anyone to those, if there are great cc1 levels out there, they probably made it into cclp4, or they were not that good. Some gems where probably overlooked or were to new for the set, but in those exceptions, they anyhow can easily be implemented for cc2 (yes, there are slight rule differences, so you can't just always put exactly the same tiles at the same places, but they exist between lynx, mscc, twlynx and twmscc as well, and everything can be implemented in cc2). So it's not like anyone has to miss a great level just because a cc2 set is planned. And as I mentioned, if there are that many levels made purely for cc1, at any point a new cclp for cc1 can be made as well - it's not like just because a cc2lp will be made, there will never be any cclps anymore. Wink

200 levels for a cc2 set feels logical to me, since the original set consists of 200 levels. Everything else sounds arbitrary - but if there are good reasons for another number - I don't have any feeling towards any particular number, that was just what without thinking about it sounded evident, since there is probably no other reason for cc1 sets to have 149 levels other than the original set has 149 Slight smile
Quote:CCLP4 just came out, so yes, currently a lot are playing cc1 levels again

Seemed pretty implied to me... CC1 is still a strong part of Chip's Challenge, just as much as CC2 is.

In any case, CC2 community sets can have as many levels as people want them to have. I'm throwing my opinion out there and saying I don't think 200 is strongly necessary but I would still play it regardless. That's up to whoever is in charge of that community pack.

Quote:CCLP2 was released about 10 years after the game was ported to Windows. If that's "rushed," then how long do you want us to wait?

In hindsight, the first editor(s) weren't released till around 3-4 years prior to CCLP2 Tongue
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Hi,

Quote:Seemed pretty implied to me... CC1 is still a strong part of Chip's Challenge, just as much as CC2 is.

What I meant is if you look at the number of levels/sets uploaded on this site, and especially downloads, a lot of people when cc2 came out, made levels for it and played them, with cclp4, submission, voting and the set release this has shifted towards cc1 levels nothing really more, nothing less than those facts - no need for those negative interpretations Sunglasses

And of cause the same will be true for the next set being for cc2, it's for some people motivation to design and play cc2 levels, as is stated in several posts in this thread as well...
Quote:If you look at the average level quality for cc2 levels (and I played them all), it is actually really good, way higher than what I've seen in the voting packs for cclp4

This seemed like a stronger implication to me. Though to be fair, hkn made it sound like a CC2 set would be a bad thing.

Quote:In hindsight, the first editor(s) weren't released till around 3-4 years prior to CCLP2 Tongue

Oh...fair enough. Rolling eyes
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
Quote:What I meant is if you look at the number of levels/sets uploaded on this site, and especially downloads, a lot of people when cc2 came out, made levels for it and played them, with cclp4, submission, voting and the set release this has shifted towards cc1 levels nothing really more, nothing less than those facts - no need for those negative interpretations Sunglasses

I wasn't really being negative whatsoever, I was more or less stating there's nothing wrong with shifting towards CC1 again. We're all not going to just drop and forget all about CC1 just because CC2 has been released. Wink
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

I believe both CCLP5 and CC2LP1 are great ideas, however I feel that CCLP5 has a better chance of happening since chipsters seem to submit more CC1 levels.
Quote:since chipsters seem to submit more CC1 levels.

At least not on cczone Wink

In the last 6 month there were more new levels by more different designers uploaded for cc2 than cc1...
Quote:In the last 6 month there were more new levels by more different designers uploaded for cc2 than cc1...
Alright, let's break this down because it's not accurate.

CC1 sets:

ZK5, 30 levels

"Ordinary": 14 levels

UC6: 60 levels

For a total of 104 new levels by 4 designers, not counting the previously unreleased Josh's Early Levelset, which would add around 70-80 levels, and it also doesn't count Zane's ZK2 & ZK3 remake/rerelease stuff which definitely added some new levels to the mix. This also doesn't count JoshL7 which became unreleased and the... 11 levels within.

CC2 sets:

Mind Games: 100 levels

Explorer's Delight: 10 levels

Rising: 8 levels

500: 6 levels

Silver: 12 levels

LIght and Dark: 8 levels.

For a total of 144 levels by 3 designers.

So at a glance it looks like CC2 is more active, but in reality this data is heavily skewed by Mind Games being a large release definitely worked on outside of the given 6 month timeframe, no large releases for CC1 in a similar timeframe that are easy to count (ZK2/3 stuff is basically uncountable but would bump new CC1 content above in quantity) and similarly unreleased large projects for either game. Vehudur/Lessinath is working on a big one for CC2, Josh has some CC2 levels in the works from the editor beta (that I don't have Slight frown ) and I'm sitting on a decent pile of unreleased CC1 levels too.

Basically, the activity is pretty similar for both games without CCLP4. Perhaps this is due to CCLP4, perhaps not. But CC2 never really took off and I still think it all goes back to the editor.
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter
Quote:Josh has some CC2 levels in the works from the editor beta (that I don't have Slight frown ) and I'm sitting on a decent pile of unreleased CC1 levels too.
Actually I don't have anything made in the new editor, since there's currently no save feature (spoilers?). I do, however, have 5 new unreleased Flareon1 levels (which I removed off this site for the record). But I will have some stuff made probably once that's fixed. It's not too late to get a hold of the beta though I don't think!

I also have a decent amount of unreleased CC1 levels, including the 12 from JoshL7.
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Just for the sake of correctness: Tongue
I think you are counting some of my levels twice and some older levels, since Mind Games does not consist entirely of new levels, and forgetting about Joshua Bone (CC2 Worlds and a bunch of new levels in Walls of Chip's Challenge) as well as some levels from geodave, so the numbers are probably slightly different. Nanamin's Challenge is actually is just outside of the arbitrary time frame, but would change the numbers quite a bit again.
But the important part is not really how many levels exactly where made, just it's not like no one makes any cc2 content Slight smile