Winter 2015 Mini Create Challenge - Story Time
It is time for another Mini Create Challenge! This time you don't even need to build a level to participate, instead you must create something else that is closely related to CC levels. What could that be?

To participate in this competition, follow these steps:

1) Pick a level from either CCLP2 or a custom set you did not design.

2) Come up with a story surrounding that level. Why is Chip here? What is the point of the level? Is there are larger story in the set, and how does this one level fit into that?

3) Write either a prologue or epilogue or both for this level that could appear in the ccx file for the set. (These are the pages that appear either before or after playing a level that can tell the story.)

4) Post your work here in this thread. Be sure to state which level it is for.

5) Read and comment on other players' creations. Slight smile

Chip Cup points may be awarded up to 5 points per participant as follows:

- 1, 2, or 3 points depending on the quality, excitement level, inspiredness, originality, poetry, story, and other (random?) qualities of the work.

- 1 point if the level in question is from CCLP2 and your work may be used in the ccx file for CCLXP2.

- 1 point if your first submission is submitted in January.

The Chip Cup points will be awarded at the beginning of April, so expect none if you submit stuff after March.

Don't hesitate to ask about anything! There probably are many details I am not covering here. One that comes to mind, is that you may enter more than once, but will receive Chip Cup points for your best one. Anything else?

-Miika
Hello Miika,

This is a very interesting competition. It's a shame nobody entered already.

Anyway, my first submission is for the CCL(X)P2 level Dodge!

Prologue

Just as Chip reached the exit, a group of pink balls appeared. The one who appeared to be their leader said in a menacing voice:

-You're under arrest!

-But what for? replied Chip, stupefied. I haven't done anything!

-You held my friend prisoner behind a block!

Chip thought for a second. He did push a block in that ball's path, but what else could he do? It was cloning fireballs that blocked the exit. Before he could explain, the balls started firing lasers at him. He had to get out of the way, fast!

Epilogue

Just as he finished sliding to safety, Chip saw a door lock behind him. He then realised, to his horror, that it was all a trap! The balls wanted him to take that slide, as it led straight to the top-security prison of Chipkatraz! He could see, outside the barred window, one of the balls making fun of him, only to roll straight into the moat surrounding Fantasy Island, where the prison was located. He knew he had to escape, but the only blocks he could use were being guarded by a teeth...

I may make more submissions later this month.
CC is awesome!

CC2 sets (still being updated): C1059-CC2 --- Walls of CC2

CC1 sets (all complete): C1059-2 --- C1059-1 --- 1059PG01 --- C1059-Christmas --- C1059-INSANITY --- C1059-CCLP4

My Youtube channel --- Fiver's Honeycomb --- Fanfiction.net

Good posts don't cost too much, yet many go unwritten.
CCLP2 #107: Joyride I

Prologue:

Chip had escaped from the Bumper Room, but was still no closer to finding Melinda. She had to be somewhere in this amusement park. Wasn't that what the clue in the pyramid meant? Chip noticed a prominent attraction: a force floor slide. Perhaps she was there. As Chip came to the beginning of the slide, he noticed something alarming. There were BOMBS on the slide. What kind of twisted person had designed this place? Well, it wasn't like he had a choice. He needed to search the grounds thoroughly.

Epilogue:

As Chip looked around, he noticed that the slide had taken him right out of the amusement park. He had to get back in. He was sure there was at least one other force floor slide in there. Chip began to explore. Hopefully, there was another entrance to the park close by.
I don't usually do this sort of writing, but let's give this a try.

Level 1, A Fleeting Memory

Prologue:

"You did it Chip, you finished the challenge!" Melinda said after Chip walked out of SPECIAL. "You didn't even try pushing any of the hot blocks!"

"So what can I do now?" Chip asked. "I've already solved all the levels: what's left to do?"

Melinda replied serenely "Well, you could always try to match my scores- that should be a fun challenge."

Chip simply nodded, and ran back into the clubhouse.

Much time later, Chip came up to Melinda and said "Alright, I did it. I matched your score-and then surpassed it, you missed a second on Cake Walk."

"Oh Chip, that's wonderful! I suppose I'll have to take another look at the first clubhouse then."

"First clubhouse? You mean there's another one?" Chip asked, obviously excited at the prospect of more levels.

"Yes, some Chipsters liked going through the clubhouse so much, they built their own, and then compiled the best levels into one. Would you like to give it a try, Chip?"

Chip simply replied "You bet!".

And so Chip's journey into the second clubhouse began, with a level that looked quite familiar from the first clubhouse. But it wasn't the same...perhaps there was a way to sneak past the tank guarding the exit this time.
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter
CCLP2 Level #111: Monster Factory

Prologue:

Chip woke up just as the song ended and looked around. It was raining. "We've stopped," Melinda told him. They got off the bus and Melinda started walking. Chip followed and said, "Where are we?" Melinda explained how she built a Monster Factory after she built the first clubhouse, but the teeth took over. She had escaped just in time, but forgot some chips inside. "We're here," she said. Chip looked up at the building. Blocks were scattered every which way. "You want me to go inside and get them?" inquired Chip. "I wouldn't burden anyone else," Melinda said. Chip smiled and examined the broken sign. The word "Monster" remained intact, but most of the letters in "Factory" had fallen off. The t and o were so close together that it instead read "lab". He recognized that name. As he tried to remember where he heard that from. Melinda told him, "I originally called this Monster Lab, but it was confusing to many club members, so I changed it." Memories of Monster Lab instantly flooded his brain. He shook away these distracting thoughts and walked inside, but not before drying his glasses.

Epilogue:

Melinda was waiting for him at the doors. As he walked through, he showed Melinda the chips and she jumped for joy. "I knew you could do it!" she exclaimed. While they waited for the bus he collected a few blocks to remember the factory, and they and went home. After he got off the bus, he noticed it had stopped raining. He looked inside his house and it was flooded. He didn't know what to do, so he decided to go around back and let the water hydrate his garden through the back door. There were deep puddles around his house, so he took out the blocks and worked quickly.
Queen
CCLP2 level 49: Just a Minute!

Prologue:
After more exploring, Chip found himself outside a small room guarded by a robot. Well .. guarded was the wrong word. It was singing under its breath as Chip approached. "Oh, think twice .. just another day for you and me in .. oh, hello there! If you want to solve this room you'll have to be quick! I'm supposed to give you a hint!"

"Well," said Chip, "that's nice of you. What's the hint?"

"It's -" said the robot, stopping suddenly. It clicked twice loudly, trying to retrieve the information. "It was something .. something .. I've forgotten!"

"Thanks for the hint," grumbled Chip. He went in.

Epilogue:
Chip stumbled out, still dazed, his head in a rush, and saw the same robot guarding the exit!

"Thanks for the hint," Chip said, regretting that the robot wouldn't understand his sarcasm.

"Excuse me! I don't think we've met before!" said the robot.

Chip started, then realized what was going on.

The robot prattled on. "I just got back from the smorgasbord! Had seconds!"

Chip tried to think of some clever response to this, and instead moved on to the next challenge, shaking his head.
CCLP2 level 34: Cypher II

Prologue:

Chip was tired. He stumbled from the teleport to the door, red key in hand. As he opened the door and then the socket, he checked his watch. 'This is taking forever,' he thought to himself. 'Much longer than the first clubhouse.' He briefly looked around before he entered the portal. 'If only there was an easy way through this.'

He briefly dismissed any possibility of an easy way out as he entered the portal, but his face lit up as he saw the word 'Cypher' and read Melinda's hint. 'There is an easy way through this,' he thought. 'I'll be done with this clubhouse in time for dinner and I'll come back to what I skip later. The first Cypher was easy, so this will be a cake walk.'

He enthusiasm dampened as those last two words echoed in his head.

Epilogue:

"That wasn't fair!" Chip moaned as he finally made it to the exit. "So many buttons. That was not cool. But, I got the password." In a burst of excitement, he entered the password as he went into the exit, and to his surprise, Melinda was waiting for him at the other side.

"I see you made it," she said. "You're all sweaty."

"That Cypher level was evil," he said. "Who would make such a thing?"

"What happened to that map I gave you? It would have made that a lot easier. And some of those other levels too."

"Map? What Map?" She shook her head. "Oh, that map. Right. I think one of Naomi's bugs ate it." She shook her head again.

"So, are you here to help me?" he asked, trying to change the subject.

"I'll explain later," she said. "Run the Gauntlet first, and you better run fast." He took a deep breath and ran off, without looking back.
CCLP2 #2: Naomi's Bug Collection - Prologue

"Whew!" Chip had to stop and catch his breath in the lounge between levels. "I sure wasn't expecting something that big for my first challenge in the new clubhouse. It's certainly full of surprises! Oh, what's this?" He stooped down to find a note written on a piece of yellow paper that looked like it was torn out of a legal pad.

Dear Chip,

<i>I'm writing you this note in case I forgot to tell you these things. Being the President of the Bit Busters can turn your brain into mush! Anyway, I'm sorry if that first level was a little overwhelming. One of our senior club members captured a bunch of Maximus's minions after the MystChip Incident several months ago and began running some experiments on them in the new clubhouse. Thankfully, he left a little shortcut so explorers could escape without having to go through all the trouble of collecting the chips. You </i>did find the shortcut, right?

Well, either way, the next few levels should be a breeze. A couple of our new lab technicians, Naomi and Bea, have set up shop here, though they're out for the week. Naomi loves her insects, and Bea enjoys collecting all kinds of samples from all over the clubhouse to examine - gravel, ice, water, explosive materials - you name it. Just don't make a mess!

Cordially,

Melinda

"Make a mess?" Chip smirked. "If Melinda installed time limits all throughout this clubhouse, I probably won't even have a chance!"
CCLP2 level 136 (Switch Hit):

prolog:

Whew! Though Chip. "I finally escaped that terrible prison with the backwards name! Now where am I?"

Instead of arriving outside as he expected, our hero was in a giant green maze. He could only see a few feet in front of him.

"Hmmmm. A red button and a green button -- I wonder which one is more dangerous? I guess there's only one way to find out." And he plunged on through.

epilog:

"Now that I'm thoroughly turned around," Chip said aloud, "I hope I don't have to do so much back and forth in the next level!" He had no idea.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
CCLP2 Level 52 - Oracle I

Prologue

After sliding around constantly in the blistering cold, Chip managed to successfully cross the frozen lake. However, all the sliding made him unbalanced and he stumbled down a slide towards his way down into what seemed to be an empty storage facility. He started to get up, regaining his balance and noticed an arrangement of blocks. "I wonder what this place is? There seems to be no one else here." he said as the way he fell into this place was 20 feet above and was unreachable.

He noticed a corridor of water nearby, with a sign near it - "Do not enter, danger lies ahead". But there was no other way out. Chip had to start bridging his way through the corridor to escape and bear with what was about to come his way. "Well... at least it's warm in here." he said as he went for his first block.

Epilogue

Managing to get through the corridor, he started to looking around. Chip found himself at some kind of security system. But what was it for? Chip glanced past the security gates and saw the way out. "If I'm going to find out what dangers lie ahead, I have to keep going. It's my only way out and there just might be something hidden here!" said Chip as he remembered what the sign said back at the facility. He didn't know quite how to get past the security system, but it was bound to lead somewhere.

(Disclaimer: I don't do this kind of writing so I apologize in advance for any kind of errors you see.)
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon