Tile World 2.1
Tile World 2.1 has been released. This release was created by Eric Schmidt (me), with assistance from Madhav Shanbhag.

http://www.pillowpc2001.net/TW2/download.html

From the Changelog:

* Main window layout changed; in particular, passwords are visible.
* Fixed Lynx toggle wall bug: if a level stopped running the instant a toggle button was pressed, the walls would toggle the next time play started.
* When selecting a level set, the game now tries to start on the level the player left off from, rather than the earliest unsolved level.
* MS mouse emulation bug fixed. (report and fix from David Stolp)
* Some "stuck key" problems fixed, such as Alt-Tab on Windows 7.
* The fileio.c patch, which fixes a .tws corruption problem on 64-bit Linux, has been applied.
* Added the ability to disable the display of CCX text when visiting or completing a level.
* Added ability to view CCX text via menu options.
* Messages displayed when winning, dying, or running out of time are now customizable via external file.
* When playback of the solution to the last level in the set finishes, the congratulatory message box wouldn't appear. Now it does.
* In Lynx mode, it is now possible to select the starting direction for the "random" force floors, by using the "f" key.
* Added settings file. There are currently two settings: (i) whether to display CCX text, and (ii) sound volume.
* Debug/cheat keys completely disabled for releases.
* In pedantic Lynx mode, when an entity attempts to leave the map, rather than play being halted, a warning is printed on stderr, and play continues as in non-pedantic mode.
* "Goto" menu item renamed "Enter Password", and greyed out during play. (Before, it could be selected, but it would not do anything.)
* Miscellaneous code changes not visible to users, to eliminate compiler warnings and for other reasons.
Great stuff! It was about time most of those things were fixed! Chip Win

Any chance we'll see another update that might incorporate some more requested features? I realize this might sound ungrateful right after an update, but I mean it more as an expression of hope and gratitude towards the work that's already been done. Slight smile
Quote:Great stuff! It was about time most of those things were fixed! Chip Win

Any chance we'll see another update that might incorporate some more requested features? I realize this might sound ungrateful right after an update, but I mean it more as an expression of hope and gratitude towards the work that's already been done. Slight smile

You can make whatever requests you want here. There will probably be more updates, but at the moment I'm not making any promises.
Quote:* Messages displayed when winning, dying, or running out of time are now customizable via external file.

I just wanted to say thanks for adding this feature. Slight smile
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Quote:* MS mouse emulation bug fixed. (report and fix from David Stolp)
Does this mean Skelzie's bold can be scored in Tile World yet, or do I have to wait until another update emulates that Tongue
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter
Quote:Does this mean Skelzie's bold can be scored in Tile World yet, or do I have to wait until another update emulates that Tongue
No, this was something different. It involved timing of mouse clicks and interacted with sliding blocks, for example. Tile World used to allow mouse clicks on at any time, but MSCC did not. I think I scored a route of 78 on Annoying Wall in TW 2.0 that wasn't possible in the original game.
EDIT: Found out why it isn't compiling on Macs.

It isn't using the right include directories.
Much appreciated. The sticky keys from hitting alt+tab was not an enjoyable feature from before.

Thank you. Thumbs up
Has anyone used this on Windows 8 (with touchscreen, touchpad and keyboard), and had an issue where the application loses keyboard focus at apparently random intervals?
The makefile are using the wrong qt include directory for mac.

Correct qt include directory is (qtdir)/lib/Qt(module).framework/Headers