Tile World 2.1
Quote:I recently installed TW 2.1 in the same direcctory as TW 1.3.1. I have been experiencing some strange problems with TW 2.1. Sometimes, in Lynx, the games is extremely fast (I can walk four tiles in one second without sliding), while at other times, I walk only one tile a second. There seems to be no problem in MS. Does anyone have any idea what the problem is?
That sounds to me like it's your computer, assuming these happen subsequently- with the game dropping frames and then rushing to catch up (slowing down and speeding up). If they don't, then does it happen if you install TW2.1 elsewhere from 1.3.1?
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter
It was a computer problem. It was fixed by giving more memory to the virtual machine. Thanks Jeffrey!
CC is awesome!

CC2 sets (still being updated): C1059-CC2 --- Walls of CC2

CC1 sets (all complete): C1059-2 --- C1059-1 --- 1059PG01 --- C1059-Christmas --- C1059-INSANITY --- C1059-CCLP4

My Youtube channel --- Fiver's Honeycomb --- Fanfiction.net

Good posts don't cost too much, yet many go unwritten.
Merry Christmas everyone! Tile World 2.1.1 has been released.

http://www.pillowpc2001.net/TW2/download.html

This version fixes the bug where it would crash when specifying a level set on the commandline. This also means that testing in TW2 from CCEdit works now.

This version also implements many of the behaviors mentioned in my earlier thread:

http://cczone.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/1166-the-royal-society-for-starting-things-on-top-of-other-things/

Following discussions with Brain Raiter and Madhav Shanbhag, these changes were made in pedantic mode only. I should mention there are a couple of mistakes and omissions in my post there. For instance, all creatures can remove chip sockets they start on, and the "chips left" counter is irrelevant.

The behavior for teleports and Chip starting on clone machines wasn't done. The force floor behavior was not changed as it seems to be already correct. I did change Chip and blocks starting on ice, though. Besides the unimplemented things, there are still known situations in which the Lynx behavior isn't perfect.

Along with this release I have put together a set of 3 or 4 levels meant to be played only in pedantic mode. This includes an illustration of a strange quirk I'm deliberately not telling you about ahead of time.

http://cczone.invisionzone.com/index.php?/files/file/524-erics-plynxdat/

Hope you enjoy it!

Edit:

I would also like to thank Madhav for his help in preparing the files for this release of Tile World.
Quote:This version fixes the bug where it would crash when specifying a level set on the commandline. This also means that testing in TW2 from CCEdit works now.

Thank you so much for making this possible.
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
At first I got really excited because I thought it would make MS more accurate (Teleport Skip Glitch and other more recently discovered things, maaaaybe some insane level based stuff since that should be archived somewhere before MSCC is Lost), then I realized it was almost all pedantic stuff and I wasn't excited any more, but then I noticed that testing could be done with TW2 now so I got back to excited.
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter