February 2014 Create Competition - Walls of CC1
We had a decent amount of entries in last month's create competition, so I guess you guys are ready for another one too!

Your task is to pick a level from CC1 and use its arrangement of walls to create a new level. You can pick any level from the range #9-#149, then delete anything you want except for any walls, and finally rebuild it into a new level. If you wish, you can also pick another prominent tile in the level to leave undisturbed.

I realize we just had a template for the competition last month, but I trust this will feel different enough to try it. To clarify, by 'walls' I specifically mean the normal wall tile, but you can choose to keep other walls intact too. You may add new walls, but I would rather you didn't. I will judge the submissions myself in the beginning of March 2014. I can't wait to see what you guys come up with!

Notes:

-Submissions are open as long as it is February 2014 where you live!

-Do not pick any of the Lesson levels from the start of the set.

-Do not make a overly difficult level. A moderate difficulty is fine but then it would be nice if it wasn't too long.
-The level must be solvable, but does not need to work in both ms and lynx.
-The level must be new; it must not have been released earlier.
-Please give the level a new name, time limit and set a new password.

-You may submit more than one entry, but please keep the levels distinct from each other.
-Points will be deducted for late entries, but will be accepted until a notice is posted in this thread.

-Entrants receive the normal prizes: the "You're Winner!"-award, Chip Cup points, and "Tool Box"-award for first time entrants.
-Please ask about other unclear situations.

Email and attach your submissions to valeosote at hotmail dot com. I will strive to reply with a confirmation that I have received your entry.

List your username and this competition in the subject. Keep it short and simple, something like: "February Create - John"

Everyone is welcome to join!

-Miika
This one is definitely one for me to participate in! I should become a create comp regular.
Sent in my 2 levels. I wonder what levels other people are going to build through-when I went through the set I only found 9 that seemed promising to build off of.
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter
Quote:I wonder what levels other people are going to build through-when I went through the set I only found 9 that seemed promising to build off of.
I was hesitating between BRUSHFIRE, FIREFLIES, SPECIAL and another level.
CC is awesome!

CC2 sets (still being updated): C1059-CC2 --- Walls of CC2

CC1 sets (all complete): C1059-2 --- C1059-1 --- 1059PG01 --- C1059-Christmas --- C1059-INSANITY --- C1059-CCLP4

My Youtube channel --- Fiver's Honeycomb --- Fanfiction.net

Good posts don't cost too much, yet many go unwritten.
February is over and this competition is now officially closed. We had eight entrants submit a total of eleven levels, all based on different wall configurations from CC1. I played and solved all the levels (in Lynx) and then gauged them against each other. This was possibly the hardest create competition to judge that I have been involved with so far. All the levels were very good and even enjoyable, and yet I had to pick a winner and rank the losers. As I didn't set many specific guidelines on how the levels would be evaluated, a lot of it came down to my own personal taste in levels and other hidden factors that the contestants really had no way of knowing. All the entries filled the requirements of the competition with matching the wall configurations exactly, and the smaller requirements too like setting a new time limit on the levels. In my mind the main reason to have these competitions is to the fun of participating and sharing one's creation with others, and the ranking comes secondary. Of course the winner can feel free to disagree Slight smile

Here is a countdown of the levels, with the winner listed at the bottom. Some of the comments are copied from what I already wrote to the designers upon receiving their submissions.

[Click to Show Content]

[Click to Show Content]

[Click to Show Content]

[Click to Show Content]

[Click to Show Content]

[Click to Show Content]

[Click to Show Content]

[Click to Show Content]

[Click to Show Content]

[Click to Show Content]

[Click to Show Content]

Congratulations to the winner!

I have given the first time contestants their Tool Box award for participation, and will next update everyone's Chip Cup points. You can play the levels for yourself by downloading them here (except the upload failed for some reason; I'll fix this as soon as possible). See if you can identify the wall arrangements and from which levels they originate.

Hope to see you all participate in the new create challenge too!

-Miika
I'm honestly shocked that Screws and Nails placed 3rd, since I reversed it completely on a whim. Caesar Salad placing low for being too difficult I can respect since I guess figuring out what you have to do is pretty tricky, getting everything to work right took quite a few playtests (though for me, the beginning section never got old which is why I didn't change it). Still, can't complain about placing so well on my first competition, even if it's with the level I personally feel is the weaker entry. That's why I submitted both though-they go in completely opposite directions in their concept, execution, difficulty and so on, that i figured it couldn't hurt.
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter
Good stuff! Will we see the actual levels soon?
Wow 2 create competition wins in a row? I clearly must be dreaming Wink

I can't wait to play the other levels. Slight smile Thanks for hosting an awesome create competition Miika! And thank you J.B. for the suggestion Slight smile
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
You are not dreaming Josh. Congratulations!
CC is awesome!

CC2 sets (still being updated): C1059-CC2 --- Walls of CC2

CC1 sets (all complete): C1059-2 --- C1059-1 --- 1059PG01 --- C1059-Christmas --- C1059-INSANITY --- C1059-CCLP4

My Youtube channel --- Fiver's Honeycomb --- Fanfiction.net

Good posts don't cost too much, yet many go unwritten.
The set should now be downloadable. I know the comments to the levels must make much more sense after you can actually see the levels for yourselves Slight smile

Wouldn't mind hearing any differing opinions on how others experience the levels Blob