Least favourite CCLP3 levels
Quote:How is luck involved in Caves?

Trevor points it out in his LP. Basically you have to get lucky with the monster collisions or avoiding them at cue to reach the end. I still have no idea how I did that and Lot In Life.
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
I agree with Tom.
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Quote:Trevor points it out in his LP. Basically you have to get lucky with the monster collisions or avoiding them at cue to reach the end. I still have no idea how I did that and Lot In Life.

Only if you lack patience. (and a decent strategy)

Divide and Conquer, on the other hand, allows a more systematic approach. If anything, Caves is more annoying.
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
Nope, I disagree, the pointed thing in the video was inability to figure out the proper strategy, because Caves is not plain melee nor monster mayhem, there's a proper strategy involved.

And geez I can't believe I haven't posted in this thread yet!

We'll just go with some that I didn't like:

-Lead us not into temptation

-Same Game

-Which one next?

-Color Wheel

-everything above Waterslide (excluded)

-many more, not including Bump and Run nor Incident on a Bridge nor Caves nor any Ida level
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
Quote:6 Construct a Maze
Probably one of my favourite CCLP3 levels... One person's trash is another's treasure i guess. Also, I thought Caves was a pretty good level.

As for least favourites, I would probably have to include in no particular order:

Patchwork - This level just doesn't agree with me. I swear it edits itself each time I come back to it...

Which One Next? - Reasons already mentioned, it gets old pretty fast

Triple Maze - Somehow I always miss exactly one chip, and of course, it's a different one every time

Old Frog - The fact that it's a work of art aside, I'm seriously beginning to wonder if I'll ever be able to beat this level
CC1: 5,954,550 (completed)
--- CCLP1: 5,989,110 (completed)
--- CCLP2: 5,936,410 (148 levels completed)
--- CCLP3: 1,223,887 (a few levels completed)

My levelset JRB_CCLP1.ccl
1 Which one next?

2 Patchwork

3 Snakes and Ladders

4 Toggle Bust

5 Bustin' out

6 Pearl Diving

7 Yet Another Yet Another Puzzle

8 Bug Arranging

9 Jumble II

10 Spiral

11 Lazy Hourglass

And those are the only levels I didn't like.

Why is there so much hate for the difficult levels? I disliked the repetitive and boring levels, which are all pretty easy. Also, I agree with what Rock and random 8 said about caves. You just need to calm down and look for a solution instead of pushing blocks without any strategy and hoping you'll get lucky. Same goes with Lot in life and Divide and conquer, I thought everyone found those levels easy (and I'm not saying they're fun because they are easy).
Can everyone please stop hating on Which One Next? I don't see anything wrong with that level!
MY WEAPON SUCKS!
Quote:Why is there so much hate for the difficult levels?

It's not against the levels, it's against forcing players to play them. From what I understand, a CCLP is supposed to contain a wide variety of the best of everything that's been made around. To me, the severe lack of variety in CCLP3 destroys the individuality of every of those difficult puzzles. I made that point ages ago and I still stand by it. Take them away or space some of them and I'll gladly attempt one someday ― for pure fun and as a sort of huge challenge. But force me to play 20+ of them back to back...

Let's put ourselves in the shoes of a purist, this guy eats those puzzles for breakfast. Suppose you finish CCLP3, the flavour of everything else, and you go "I want more". You really want to play something harder or equivalent at your leisure. What's left? You've already cleared the Frog level! You're probably going to be deceived by everything else: "This doesn't top the Frog one." I guess you'll probably end up insane...

Now suppose you're not a crazy individual who absolutely need to play the hardest puzzles around, yet you want to see more. You're able to solve those, but either you don't have the time nor the patience, or you simply enjoy other elements of the game too. How forlorn...

Whatever man
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
Quote:Can everyone please stop hating on Which One Next?

No. Tongue

If you simply keep going left and save the green key for last, it's a no-brainer.
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
Quote:If you simply keep going left and save the green key for last, it's a no-brainer.

I was the one who discovered that bust... or at least the one who fixed the difficulty on ChipWiki.

Even then it still makes getting the bold time a real challenge
MY WEAPON SUCKS!